• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

System Shock 2

The 4th gate

---->Fierce Warrior
Heard of it, watched gameplay but never actually played it.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Played it. Surprised how many people heard of it and played it after a certain someone reviewed Bioshock....

NCollieboy

[Æ’cÆ’c] Sexy Fiberbomb
Yes i've played, but no, i did not beat it. And i actually played it before bioshock came out

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
I'd play it if you didn't need to perform voodoo to get it to run on anything above Windows 98. Same with Thief 1 and 2, too. :( It looks like an interesting game, though, and I've had fun with the first game.

Fucking good.
Heard of it through my girlfriend (before we were dating, and when she hated my ass actually :V).
Played it after Bioshock, found it was better.

CtrlAltCorrupt

The Knees Bees
I love SS2, I got it to work on my XP and I'm amazed by just how good a game can be. The RPG elements are MUCH stronger than BioShock. The enemies in SS2 are also more horrifying to fight, and every encounter with an enemy is scary. And the cargo bays *shudders* those damn cargo bays.

RainLyre

Devilishly handsome
Heard of it because of its relation to Deus Ex. Haven't gotten around to playing it though.

CyberFoxx

Wait, what?
Played it, beaten it, played it again, etc, etc... Works perfectly under Server 2008.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
Patched it, played on XP, looking to patch it and play it on Vista too when I get around to it. Great game, great atmosphere, and the game really motivates you to try different styles of play/paths, etc.

ps. it is kinda challenging.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Patched it, played on XP, looking to patch it and play it on Vista too when I get around to it. Great game, great atmosphere, and the game really motivates you to try different styles of play/paths, etc.

ps. it is kinda challenging.
Please let me know how your patching of it goes on Vista. I've tried and failed many times. But yes, incredible game, living proof that most of the games made today are totally lacking in originality, story, ambiance, and all other realms of gameplay. For shame, corporate mega publishers. If you liked System Shock, try Thief: The Dark Project, and it's successor, Thief: The Metal Age. Both amazing, well put together games. The third one was a bit iffy, but still had many crowning moments of awesome.

EDIT- Totally a spoiler, but pretty much one of the best cutscenes ever made.

Last edited:

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Loved it, would play it again if I can.

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
System Shock 2 is hands down the best sci-fi horror experience in gaming history. I have yet to find any that'd come close to replicating the feeling of authentic dread I felt when slowly making my way through the Von Braun. Hell, anyone who was forced to hide in the cupboard when the alarm suddenly went off, horrified and listening to the steps of the hybrids coming for you will confirm that it's the best sci-fi horror game now.

I still rate The Shalebridge Cradle as the best horror experience, though.

CtrlAltCorrupt

The Knees Bees
System Shock 2 is hands down the best sci-fi horror experience in gaming history. I have yet to find any that'd come close to replicating the feeling of authentic dread I felt when slowly making my way through the Von Braun. Hell, anyone who was forced to hide in the cupboard when the alarm suddenly went off, horrified and listening to the steps of the hybrids coming for you will confirm that it's the best sci-fi horror game now.

I still rate The Shalebridge Cradle as the best horror experience, though.
The alarms are more freaky when you get to the Rickenbacker, because of the Ramblars. I had never been so scared that I was compelled to keep moving foward. SS2 is genuine fear. And I'll have to check out the Shalebridge Cradle.

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
It's the second to last level of Thief: Deadly Shadows. For maximum enjoyment, play alone, at night, with nary a light in your room. Makes a horrifying experience completely traumatizing.

In System Shock 2, I found the Rickenbacker to be far less scary... prolly because I had the assault rifle and a six mags of carefully stockpiled ammo with me. And it had worse design by far. Still, the body of the Many and Where Am I? more than made up for the Rickenbacker.

CtrlAltCorrupt

The Knees Bees
It's the second to last level of Thief: Deadly Shadows. For maximum enjoyment, play alone, at night, with nary a light in your room. Makes a horrifying experience completely traumatizing.

In System Shock 2, I found the Rickenbacker to be far less scary... prolly because I had the assault rifle and a six mags of carefully stockpiled ammo with me. And it had worse design by far. Still, the body of the Many and Where Am I? more than made up for the Rickenbacker.
I hated the Rickenbacker too. Although I feel that was designed that way to represent the differences between Tri-Op and the UNN, or it could be they were just getting bored of the ship. And the Body of the Many was really cool, but destroying the brain was near impossible. Where Am I? Stands out as one of the most memorable levels ever for me.

Flatline

Professional Lurker
Heh, I remember playing that game years before BioShock came out.

It was fun. And hard. Never finished it, I had it pirated and it kept crashing at a certain part - Somewhere in that big monster-thing that devoured the whole place (Lol spoilers)