• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tablet Questions

<CaliforniaStripes>

Form of a.. College Nerd!
I'm searching for a good tablet, its one of the last things i need for my work station, can anyone recommend a decent one i was thinking an intous, friendly advice is welcome :)

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I've got an Intuos4 Small, and while I've never had another tablet before, I'm very impressed with it. From what I hear, Bamboos are good too, but they lack the tilt sensitivity and have only half the pressure sensitivity, along with, as I've heard, the pens being rather flimsy and prone to breaking. They are, however, much less expensive.

TL;DR, if price isn't a problem, go with an Intuos, definitely. The Small is pretty big in reality, though the larger sizes have the advantage of having more ExpressKeys and having an active area closer in size to your display, which means a bit more accuracy, depending on how you use it.

If price is a problem, then a Bamboo Fun should do you.

I've got an Intuos4 Small, and while I've never had another tablet before, I'm very impressed with it. From what I hear, Bamboos are good too, but they lack the tilt sensitivity and have only half the pressure sensitivity, along with, as I've heard, the pens being rather flimsy and prone to breaking. They are, however, much less expensive.

TL;DR, if price isn't a problem, go with an Intuos, definitely. The Small is pretty big in reality, though the larger sizes have the advantage of having more ExpressKeys and having an active area closer in size to your display, which means a bit more accuracy, depending on how you use it.

If price is a problem, then a Bamboo Fun should do you.

I own the intuos3 model PTZ-930.

It is great in my opinion. With a little bit of manipulation of the settings, you can get the effects you want out the the tablet and software you are using it in.

The ones without the display on the board is also a blessing. You get major practice with hand-eye coordination.

It is a practice I often did in college.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
The Cintiqs are really neat, yeah, but you'd lose out on that practice. ... Then again, they're about making it even more like an artist is drawing on real media rather than just using an input device. It's more natural to those who work in traditional media, or at least I'd imagine it's so. Of course, the price tag pretty much precludes using it for all but the professional and well-off - You can buy whole computers for that.