• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ben909

vaporeon
this was talked about in the predsvsprey thread yesterday, but now we will have a 4 sided offshoot based on tails, shattering old alliances and creating new ones

this is done on an xy plane,
the x axis is for people with no tails vs people with tails, although only people with more then one tail add numbers to this axis

monotailed people will fight on the y-axis with these rules:

the y axis will be fluffy tails vs short fur or scaled tails, fluffy is positive while non-fluffy is negative, so the height of the graph is the fluffiness level.

---------------------------------------
sense i think telling people to find the absolute value each time will be a bit much (or at least i can't do that math in my head) we are just going to add the numbers, the total is greater then 40 we will assess how the game when and if we have a winier or if we have to rethink the game. for this you still do a simple absolute value, so it the score is
-5,5 the totals 10,

also, people with split tails that start off as 1 tail but split at some point can chose if they want to be mono-tailed and pick fluff levels or if they want to be multi tailed

this starts at 10 am us central time because i don't want to wait until 12 and it should put most timezone into acceptable ranges. if i am wrong then i will try and fix it . also trying to vote before that time will just get that vote ignored, but its not really votes and more a battle because you can comment as many times as you want as long as someone else commented in between you comments

another point, this is about tails, so you if you are the most fluffy creature possible but have a furless tail you are still not a fluffy tail

--------------
kind of wanted 'vs' to be a tag but it won't allow that

Last edited:

Faustus

Mine's more like a leathery flap, to be honest. And what about birds? Does a pygostyle count?

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
I have 9 floofy tails.... How to do points?

ben909

vaporeon
Mine's more like a leathery flap, to be honest. And what about birds? Does a pygostyle count?

i think that would count as a non-fuffly tail as it (i think you are a bat)... its used for flight control right?(i could be very wrong here

ben909

vaporeon
I have 9 floofy tails.... How to do points?

(this is why we don't start untill 10am)

you can chose to add to fluffy, multi, or both fluffy and multi as long as you do the same thing each time

Faustus

i think that would count as a non-fuffly tail as it (i think you are a bat)... its used for flight control right?(i could be very wrong here
It has multiple uses, including controlling flight or, in my insectivorous cousins, as a kind of 'net' for catching flying prey with.

It's Bat History Month! :D

ben909

vaporeon
It has multiple uses, including controlling flight or, in my insectivorous cousins, as a kind of 'net' for catching flying prey with.

It's Bat History Month! :D

flight control would probably put it in the same group as fish tails so non-fluffy

ben909

vaporeon
and now we try and begin the first attempt

with a single fish tail i add 0,-1

so we would be at 0,-1

with a total of 1

if someone with a signle fluffy tail then voted it would be back to 0,0 and the total would be 0
if someone with multiple tails voted it would be 1,1 if someone with no tails voted it would be -1,1. if someone else with a stremlined tail voted it would be 0,-2
in those cases the total would be 2

Last edited:

ben909

vaporeon
If I've read this right 3 fluffy tails is 3,3
or is it 1,3?
no

you would add 1 to the y because you have the fluffy status, and/or 1 to the x axis because you have more then one tail

so it could be 0,0 | 1,0 | or 1,-1 depending on what group you join, but once you pick you have to stay with that

(mine did not vote here because i am not sure were we are at yet)
also only comments after the start count, i was hopeing to get issues ironed out before that

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
no

you would add 1 to the y because you have the fluffy status, and/or 1 to the x axis because you have more then one tail

so it could be 0,0 | 1,0 | or 1,-1 depending on what group you join, but once you pick you have to stay with that

(mine did not vote here because i am not sure were we are at yet)
also only comments after the start count, i was hopeing to get issues ironed out before that
Ok thanks :)
(I've edited my post)

ben909

vaporeon
Ok thanks :)
(I've edited my post)

how did we go from -1 to 1 in for the second number in one post though? ... or were you adding that and makeing the overall 1,0

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
how did we go from -1 to 1 in for the second number in one post though? ... or were you adding that and makeing the overall 1,0
Ok, I think I’ve figured this out. If yours was 0,-1 mine adds 1,1 so that takes us to 1,0 which gives us 1 for the total.
(I’m assuming all post since my original come under ‘troubleshooting’)

ben909

vaporeon
Ok, I think I’ve figured this out. If yours was 0,-1 mine adds 1,1 so that takes us to 1,0 which gives us 1 for the total.
(I’m assuming all post since my original come under ‘troubleshooting’)

yea, and sense i am confirming it goes back to 1,-1
the total is 2

hardman13

Bouncy faithful powerful fox.
I guess it's started? Well I have the floofiest tail you ever saw (although only one of them, unfortunately... more would be nice, but you can't have everything). If I'm mathing right, this should be 0,1 since i have one über-fluffy tail.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Even the fluffiest of tails is streamlined in the great equalizer of water

If I pour water all over this thread, everyone will be equal

ben909

vaporeon
I guess it's started? Well I have the floofiest tail you ever saw (although only one of them, unfortunately... more would be nice, but you can't have everything). If I'm mathing right, this should be 0,1 since i have one über-fluffy tail.
it was going to start at 10 am us central, its 11 am in that time zone now... what is it for you?

... although 1 tails don't affect the first number, so you would of left it at 1,0 not 0,1

and sense i am saying this were are back at 1,-1 with a total of 2

1,-1 hopefully this is not a stalemate with me haveing to explain the numbering every time and it leaves us at 0 and -1

Even the fluffiest of tails is streamlined in the great equalizer of water

If I pour water all over this thread, everyone will be equal

.... it won't change the multi tail vs no tail though

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
it was going to start at 10 am us central, its 11 am in that time zone now... what is it for you?

... although 1 tails don't affect the first number, so you would of left it at 1,0 not 0,1

1,-1 hopefully this is not a stalemate with me haveing to explain the numbering every time and it leaves us at 0 and -1

.... it won't change the multi tail vs no tail though
We won't start chopping people's tails tho, it's easier to open the flood gates

ben909

vaporeon
We won't start chopping people's tails tho, it's easier to open the flood gates

be careful though, not everyone can survive flooding the entire thread...

1,-2 with a total of 3

hardman13

but since monotailed animals are battling on the y axis, and coordinates usually work in (x,y), surely fluffy = positive so the y axis would increase by one, thus the score would increase by 0,1

or am i not mathing very good?

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
be careful though, not everyone can survive flooding the entire thread...

1,-2 with a total of 3
Doesn't need to get above shoulders!
plus we're heading towards a heat wave, you'll thank me later

ben909

vaporeon
but since monotailed animals are battling on the y axis, and coordinates usually work in (x,y), surely fluffy = positive so the y axis would increase by one, thus the score would increase by 0,1

or am i not mathing very good?

ok, you increase by 0,1

i thought you were saying that was the total

now at 1,-1 for your comment and back to 1,-2 for my comment

... i might but others won't
also, are you adding or subtracting to the totals?
++++++++++++++++++++++=

1,-2
3 total

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
ok, you increase by 0,1

i thought you were saying that was the total

now at 1,-1 for your comment and back to 1,-2 for my comment

... i might but others won't
also, are you adding or subtracting to the totals?
++++++++++++++++++++++=

1,-2
3 total
Substracting! but it's not through not having or appreciating fluff

hardman13

Stop decreasing it slim-tailed fiend! I will defend my fluffy brethren!

ben909

vaporeon