• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tails In Public

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.

bhutrflai

Okami The Wolf is my crazy half!
It's NEVER cold enough in Texas.
I can get downright frigid where my fam is. And the big open expanses just let the wind come blowing on in. I went w/ my mom & daughter a few yrs ago, we drove. Managed to slide right thru the storm to get there & an ice storm hit that night. Woke up to everything covered in a sheet of 1/2" thick ice. We were stuck for 2 days cause the temp never got high enough to melt it. It was crazy!

bhutrflai

I'm from here, but I don't think I would say it's my favorite.
Only place I like out there is where my fam is. It's just really beautiful out there. And so peaceful, cause there's no one around. The nearest gas station is almost 10 miles away! Takes us about 14hrs to drive straight thru from Atlanta.

bhutrflai

And maybe since I don't live with it everyday, the heat & drought, the monsoon rains & flooding, i dont appreciate how crazy it really is. But it's where I got to spend my summers when I was a kid, so it's always gonna hold a special place for me. And both my parents & my brother are buried out in the country near what was my moms childhood home.

B

BlueWorrior

I've been thinking about getting husky ears and tail... It may take make a while to muster up the courage, but the idea of it is fun and exiting to me!
I may only do it when with friends though. I can see myself spiralling into anxiety if I was alone.

D

Deleted member 82554

The most someone might assume if you're wearing your fet gear out in public is that you're trying to make a statement, or that you're mentally retarded.

Nope, I leave that sort of thing for the appropriate events...

B

BlueWorrior

I'd imagine it may vary depending on where you live: first impressions will be different in Pittsburgh than somewhere else.

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
The year we went out for Thanksgiving, it freaking snowed on Thanksgiving Day! But that was like nine years ago! Jesus how time flys.
one year my sisters birthday was on Easter and it snowed that day, got like 6 inches of it. (joys of Wisconsin weather lol)

bhutrflai

one year my sisters birthday was on Easter and it snowed that day, got like 6 inches of it. (joys of Wisconsin weather lol)
Happens in GA too. My bday is late March & I've had bday snow a few times. Kinda cool, but not. Especially when it only snows just enough to piss you off.

And I hope it snows this year so we can wear our tails out in it in our back yard at least!

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
Happens in GA too. My bday is late March & I've had bday snow a few times. Kinda cool, but not. Especially when it only snows just enough to piss you off.

And I hope it snows this year so we can wear our tails out in it in our back yard at least!
you haven't experienced winter until you've experienced a stereotypical "Wisconsin winter" the best jokes about i've heard about it are "Wisconsin has four seasons, almost winter, winter, more winter, and road construction", "you may live in Wisconsin if you carry jumper cables in your car, and your wife knows how to use them", and "you may live in Wisconsin if your snow blower has more miles on it than your car" My regular clothing when it's 15 degrees outside are boots, jeans, a t-shirt, and a spring jacket and full-fingered bicycle gloves...no hat, no winter coat, none of that...

This picture isn't even a joke, the entire state was closed (all public transportation, public offices, most businesses, etc) one day just a couple years ago...
Funny-meme-wisconsin-closed.jpg

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
you haven't experienced winter until you've experienced a stereotypical "Wisconsin winter" the best jokes about i've heard about it are "Wisconsin has four seasons, almost winter, winter, more winter, and road construction", "you may live in Wisconsin if you carry jumper cables in your car, and your wife knows how to use them", and "you may live in Wisconsin if your snow blower has more miles on it than your car" My regular clothing when it's 15 degrees outside are boots, jeans, a t-shirt, and a spring jacket and full-fingered bicycle gloves...no hat, no winter coat, none of that...

This picture isn't even a joke, the entire state was closed (all public transportation, public offices, most businesses, etc) one day just a couple years ago...
View attachment 13904

Aw, that makes me miss Michigan! Grew up way up north, so had very similar, snowy winters. Now I'm down in Maryland, and it's WAY too hot for me! Pleasant now, but the summers down here sure can be brutal...it can snow a lot, but not often, and when it does, it's fun to see everyone freak out, as if the world is ending. Oh, and the driving...not pretty to see!

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
funniest part is when other states close schools with only like half an inch of snow because nobody has a snow plow or experience driving in it...

bhutrflai

View attachment 13904
Damn!!

bhutrflai

I'm sure y'all all heard about Snowpacalypse back in 2014. Shut down the entire metro atlanta area for 24hrs straight, starting at afternoon rush hour. Some people were stuck in their cars the whole time. Some walked 5+miles to get home (completely unprepared). I managed to make it the 18 miles home bf it got too bad, but in 22 yrs of driving, I've never driven in that kind of snow. I drove <30 mph the whole way. Took me twice as long as normal. But I was in medical scrubs, a light jacket (cause it wasn't super freezing yet & I didn't have far to walk from work to car) and Converse tennis shoes. There's no way I'd have made it home.

We freak out about snow bc we really only see it every 8-10 years or so. And we don't usually get snow. Mostly just ice, on everything. Trees, power lines. It messes up alot of stuff.

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
I'm sure y'all all heard about Snowpacalypse back in 2014. Shut down the entire metro atlanta area for 24hrs straight, starting at afternoon rush hour. Some people were stuck in their cars the whole time. Some walked 5+miles to get home (completely unprepared). I managed to make it the 18 miles home bf it got too bad, but in 22 yrs of driving, I've never driven in that kind of snow. I drove <30 mph the whole way. Took me twice as long as normal. But I was in medical scrubs, a light jacket (cause it wasn't super freezing yet & I didn't have far to walk from work to car) and Converse tennis shoes. There's no way I'd have made it home.

We freak out about snow bc we really only see it every 8-10 years or so. And we don't usually get snow. Mostly just ice, on everything. Trees, power lines. It messes up alot of stuff.
we might slow down to 50...at 6 inches of standing snow on the interstate...at night...

bhutrflai

we might slow down to 50...at 6 inches of standing snow on the interstate...at night...
I know, I know. We're pansies. The 2014 snow was in Jan. Everything gridlocked & shut down. Had an ice storm in Feb 2014, everyone was prepared correctly & it managed to go off with no real issues. Ice we are sorta used to. Snow, not so much. And yes, we know the snowy areas of the world were rofltao!!

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
I might wear my winter coat when the wind chill hits 10 or lower...otherwise....spring jacket, and maybe a sweatshirt under that. We're crazy up here in Wisconsin...I go rollerblading and riding my bike on ice covered sidewalks...walking 6 miles a day just because I can even through 5-8 inches of snow in 5 degree weather... You know it's Wisconsin when paramedics and fire fighters use snowmobiles in the winter instead of ambulances or fire trucks...

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.
The year we went out for Thanksgiving, it freaking snowed on Thanksgiving Day! But that was like nine years ago! Jesus how time flys.
You had to be in Northern Texas, and even then it's a really rare occurrence.