• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tails in public?

Aleu

Deuces
I remember that pic XD
I'd wear mine anywhere. I won't care if people make fun of me or not. Kinda used to bullying in highschool so people going "ha ha you got a tail." I'd be like "Ya...very observant. Want a cookie?"

Jaga

Fursuiter/Artist
well i am in furredfems area, and there are like 7 of us that actually hang out. there might be more though ^^

oh and btw i hate you cynicalcirno you made me lose the game...

-twitch- jaga jynx JAGA...u dont have to call me by username lol

Jaga

Fursuiter/Artist
I remember that pic XD
I'd wear mine anywhere. I won't care if people make fun of me or not. Kinda used to bullying in highschool so people going "ha ha you got a tail." I'd be like "Ya...very observant. Want a cookie?"

Ahahaaha -highpaw- yay someone who finally agrees with me, i always like to freak out when people tell me i have ears n a tail, n ask them how i got them...idk i just think those dumbasses are too funny

Foxboy2009

Sai Kitsune
I'm 29, single, a *ahem* virgin, never had a gf, i have 9 video game consoles, 4 handheld systems, a hacked computer, enough electronics to make best buy jealous, I watch more cartoons than i should, and i watch anime and play japanese anime music all the time. i think she can handle me being a furry. I won't say furry though, more like costume convention since it is the weekend before halloween.
XD nice..

I just stick to wearing it around the house when noone is home. Oh, the looks that I get from my cats lmao. Although my parents don't even know yet and I don't plan on telling them until my everything is done.
Why not have it in public.. who care what ppls think?

slorrel

170.jpg

Cool :D Why not stand out from the crowd? I don't even know this guy, but I think I like him! (in a platonic sense, of course) :)

XD nice..

Exactly! :)

ChickO'Dee

i still wear my tail daily to school, and even got my girlfriend to do it too. i dont care about the meowing and the "i want some tail" things, but god do i hate it when its pulled DX and only one of my teachers asked me about it, and its the one ive only had for three days XD funny stuff

T

Tewin Follow

I miss living Not 200+ Miles Away from my friends. ;__;

I'm fine with wearing a tail out with them (even if they aren't, heh), but here, everyone I know are the Over 30 type adults who would judge me.

Bando

Ya boy
I just don't understand the huge deal people make about others judging you. They already judge you, so what's one more thing. It's not like it's going to maim you...

T

Tewin Follow

I just don't understand the huge deal people make about others judging you. They already judge you, so what's one more thing. It's not like it's going to maim you...

In my case, they're my direct neighbours and I see/work with them almost every day.
They wouldn't chastise me, but I'd rather avoid teasing or having them "looking it up online" and seeing...uh, yeah.

Also, they'd probably think it's a "phase" because I'm a bit weird and be unintentionally patronizing.

Erin_wolf

I have a nice tail I got at Further Confusion this year. I wore it around the convention and when I got lunch but I'm not sure I'd like to wear it out in public unless there is a furry event going on. I also like to wear it around the house.

akito

I just made one today , and plan to wear it in public . I am kind of a scary looking guy ( not in a bad way , you would have to see me to understand ) so I figure I would be doing it for the shock and aww . I don't really care what people think of me but I do want to see the look on there faces when they notice whats behind me lol .

Kranksty

Burnt to a crispy texture
I have a tail but also have a suit.
When I can't wear my full-suit I wear my tail out in public when I go to Local Fur-Meets.

NXwolf

Vixstrix ♥ Armagare
I'd wear one if I had one. I wouldn't in public unless I had friends with me, but where I live, I'd probably get beat up for it if I went out alone, but I'd wear it around the house when the family isn't home.

slorrel

I just made one today , and plan to wear it in public . I am kind of a scary looking guy ( not in a bad way , you would have to see me to understand ) so I figure I would be doing it for the shock and aww . I don't really care what people think of me but I do want to see the look on there faces when they notice whats behind me lol .

So people will have the conflict of wanting to tug your tail, but also fearing they'll get beaten up for it? :D

NewLeopard

i has a tail and i do wear it in public, but its the wrong species mines a english fox but im a leopard. >.<

Lasolimu

i has a tail and i do wear it in public, but its the wrong species mines a english fox but im a leopard. >.<

I had that problem for awhile. I had a wolf tail followed by a fox tail, but I'm a dragon. Of course I don't have this problem anymore because I finally made myself my dragon tail which is totally awesome.

Last edited:

FoxPaw

Clan BlackFox
i where my tail every day...i get weird looks and all but i have nothing to hide..

quayza

Well, my fursona doesn't have much of a tail (being a penguin) and I don't really feel like drawing unnecessary attention to my butt. :-/

... that being said, I would consider wearing a tail at fur meets or conventions or other tail-appropriate venues.

Location is key when deciding whether or not to wear a tail. If you're not careful, you might end up on "People of Walmart" like this poor guy:
170.jpg

lol furs like to target walmart.

BladeWolf

XD nice..

I really don't care what people think. Being 6'6", I get looks and remarks all the time from people. If I had a nickel for every "Do you play basketball?" or "How's the air up there?" I'd be freakin rich. I actually was in Maine with my Uconn Huskies jersey on and a kid almost asked me for my autograph. I had to explain to him that I didn't play for Uconn, it was just a shirt lol. On the tail subject, I did wear it outside of the house last night over my freinds house to watch the super bowl. To actually wear it in a mall or like wal-mart or something, I would feel more comfortable being with someone else who is wearing a tail also. My freinds are starting to find out about me being furry, and all of them so far are okay with it. I don't know why I would think they wouldn't be, we've been freinds for alot of years. I guess you just don't know who is okay with it and who is against it.

slorrel

I really don't care what people think. Being 6'6", I get looks and remarks all the time from people. If I had a nickel for every "Do you play basketball?" or "How's the air up there?" I'd be freakin rich. I actually was in Maine with my Uconn Huskies jersey on and a kid almost asked me for my autograph. I had to explain to him that I didn't play for Uconn, it was just a shirt lol. On the tail subject, I did wear it outside of the house last night over my freinds house to watch the super bowl. To actually wear it in a mall or like wal-mart or something, I would feel more comfortable being with someone else who is wearing a tail also. My freinds are starting to find out about me being furry, and all of them so far are okay with it. I don't know why I would think they wouldn't be, we've been freinds for alot of years. I guess you just don't know who is okay with it and who is against it.

Cool. Lol

Anyway, if you're friends are starting to find out about you being a furry, wouldn't it be safe for you to fill them in on what being a furry is all about for you, rather than them looking it up online? Hey, just a thought. :)

Tabasco

I was going to start wearing my tail to the local meets, which are in public, but then some fuck was all, "If I see someone wearing a tail I WILL glomp them!"

I wonder if I'm actually within my legal rights to react with self defense if some strange man twice my size suddenly throws himself at me and grabs on. I'd love to knee a glomper in the balls.

I've worn it to a friend's non-furry Halloween party though, which was cool. Not exactly out of place, but still fun.

Last edited:

slorrel

I was going to start wearing my tail to the local meets, which are in public, but then some fuck was all, "If I see someone wearing a tail I WILL glomp them!"

I wonder if I'm actually within my legal rights to react with self defense if some strange man twice my size suddenly throws himself at me and grabs on. I'd love to knee a glomper in the balls.

I've worn it to a friend's non-furry Halloween party though, which was cool. Not exactly out of place, but still fun.

Wow, that guy sounds like a c**t! :D I think kneeing him in the balls would do him the world of good! lol