• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tails!

Riyeko

Hai Thar.
Okay, so im trying to create a tail by using yarn.
Just plain ole black and white cotton yarn that you can literally find anywhere.

Now, instead of leaving the yarn "intact" I decided to unwind the small strands that ive hotglued to the base of my "tail", to create a more... full look.

Well, now i have the problem of... all the yarn that ive unwound, looks all curly.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to "straighten" the yarn out?
My sister has a hair straightener, I have an iron.. but I believe using both of those might burn or catch the thing on fire.. which is NOT GOOD.

Any ideas?

Hang it on the doorknob and take a hot steamy shower with the door closed?

Lyrihl

TAG UR IT
I just finished making a yarn-tail of my own today.
If it's the good kind of yarn (i.e. I Love This Yarn, Simply Soft) you can try two ways.

1) Make sure it's completely combed out and untangled, then use a straightening iron to un-kink it.

2) If you don't have a straightening iron, just grab a hair dryer, set it on high heat, and veeery gently comb it with a soft brush.

Inspiration.

Last edited:

Riyeko

Hai Thar.
I just finished making a yarn-tail of my own today.
If it's the good kind of yarn (i.e. I Love This Yarn, Simply Soft) you can try two ways.

1) Make sure it's completely combed out and untangled, then use a straightening iron to un-kink it.

2) If you don't have a straightening iron, just grab a hair dryer, set it on high heat, and veeery gently comb it with a soft brush.

Inspiration.

Thanks!