• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Taking Manga/Comic Submissions

Prince Nai

Yes, we are starting to take manga/comic submissions. We want comics with Christian, inspirational, action, drama and just plain awesome stories.

For now we are publishing web comics and later will go into book publishing where comics will be sold in stores like Barns and Nobel and Amazon. It will also be published on the iPad and iPhone and possibly turned into an anime series.

For more information please go here
http://www.fantasy-soft.com/?page_id=1725

http://www.fantasy-soft.com/?p=1735

Last edited:

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Christian, inspirational, and just plain AWESOME KICK BUTT STORIES!

ha

oh ha ha ha

kick BUTT? what are you, twelve? just say kick ASS

:V

Ji Unit

Send me random messages? :3
Christian OR inspirational? Cool, I'll make a comic about mass genocide then. :3

not-fun

trouble on two feet
the problem with this add is that inheritly, what inspires some people might not inspire others. for example, someone could read "Maus" and be really deeply moved by the plight of the characters and what they have to do to survive. but typically, a christian-themed publisher will not want to publish something that is A) so full of violent human suffering and B) is really entirely about suffering of the jewish people.

but that doesn't make the comic any less inspirational, or any less "kick butt" as you say.

you also seem very interested in comics that feature the typical "big eyes, small mouth, wedge head" anime art style. the problem here is that not all japanese comics follow this style. i understand that this is what "sells" to a certain demeographic, but it's also a false demeographic. people aren't solely interested in manga because of the art style, they're interested because of the level of maturity of japanese comics and/or their sort of off-beat humor and unique storytelling that american comics kind of lack.

i mean, i dunno. do you really want comics like, say, cheap thrills? the comic is amazing, the story is riveting, the art style is beautiful. but it's not "manga" as your standards say, nor is it "christian" and nor would a typical christian feel it's inpsiring christian values in the reader (many of the characters do drugs) but this doesn't make it stop "kicking butt" as you say.

i dunno, your standards seem weird. can you be more specific in what you do/do not want submitted...?

not-fun

trouble on two feet
shot these guys an e-mail to plumb the depths of their legitimacy.

as i thought - it's a scam.

they want to gain popularity and profit by someone else doing the hard work. real christian values, those! they want you to give them full rights to your webcomic & art, without offering you anything in return except showing off your work (which you can do for free here on FA). they don't even ask what you're looking for in terms of distribution or contracts. they just immediately request the right to redistribute your work, and nothing else.

considering they'll get the rights, the ad revenue and the profits from any potential books sales while also preventing you from self-publishing, this is completely a bum deal. they also respond to any critique or serious inquiry with that little anime smiley face. way skeezy, way immature, way unprofessional.

folks, sign on board with these jokers at your own risk.

Prince Nai

I'm sorry for any misinformation. Not trying to come off as a scam. We're not one. We're changing some things around. Again sorry.

not-fun

trouble on two feet
oh yeah, and please note that their identical entry on the deviantart forums prompts a lot of very shadey question-dodging from them...

DA forum link

~ougaming: Um, maybe it's just me, but if you say there is more information on your site, shouldn't there...be more information on your site? It's the same exact information you posted here.

~Prince-Nai: There is more information on our website. Just letting people know what's up. Getting people interested ^^

~ougaming: I looked through the entire thing...I didn't see any more information on the publishing?

~Prince-Nai: Like I said we're seeking interested comic artists. More info is coming soon. I gave enough info for now. If you are interested simply send an email ^__^

And for the people who want some proof of the people involved with the film, go here [link]

Peace out!

~ougaming : No, you didn't give enough info for now or I wouldn't keep asking where the "more" info is. -_-

Also, a single low-end voice actor isn't proof of much except that Christians will do each other favors. -_-;

~Prince-Nai: ^_^

~ougaming: Yeah, okay, it's pretty obvious that you have no idea what you're doing or what goes into these things, so I wish you the best and hope that you try to find those things out before putting offers out for anything.

if that little exchange doesn't hilight the shadeyness at play here, i dunno what does.

it's dudes like this that make the rest of us dubious of chest-thumping christians...

Prince Nai

I don't know why I'm getting all this hostility from people but it's okay. You're only being human. I apologize for not being clear. Anyone who would like to have their comic publsihed as a web comic is welcomed to look into this further :)

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
I don't know why I'm getting all this hostility from people but it's okay. You're only being human. I apologize for not being clear. Anyone who would like to have their comic publsihed as a web comic is welcomed to look into this further :)

Ok, so what's the deal with people having webcomics hosted by you losing all rights to their works? Why the hell should they go near your site, when there are at least 3 major free webcomic publishing sites that allow the artist to retain their rights and art.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
So are you swearing on your faith that the artists retain all rights to their work, and you are not profiting in any way off of them?

Prince Nai

Yes, I swear. I have no reason to lie. We're a new company doing great things as you can see on our site. I want to host some awesome comics and later publish them as books. Once that happens of course the artist gets a % of the profits. Again sorry for not being real clear. I'm coming to everyone with a good and humble heart. No need to burn me alive if I was unclear about something.

Last edited:

Ilayas

Because burning someone alive wouldn't be the Christian thing to do. :V

I am curious why some one should use your site to post their comics. There are many many web-hosting sites that cater to web-comics that would give authors a much more exposure then yours and it's not hard to self publish these days. What are you offering that these guys are not? If I were a web comic author I'd want my publishing dealings and my web hosting to be separate honestly in case something goes wrong with one of them it doesn't screw up the other (the same reason why it's a good idea to keep ones forum separate as well). What advantage is it to the web comic author(s) to bundle all this together?

Prince Nai

Even though we're new we have partnerships with these people http://www.fantasy-soft.com/?p=1794

Second, we know a major Japanese animation studio. I don't know about the other web comic hosts but you have a chance of getting your work tunred into an anime series once we really get up and going.

Third you will have a bigger chance at success, at least I think, with an entertainment company.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
See, that's a hook there. Dangling a lure in front of people. Submit your stuff to us, and it may just be seen by an anime studio and made properly. Most people would jump at the chance. Which brings in a 'too good to be true' element. You want people to use your site. I don't know why, but it all seems suspicious.

Prince Nai

I thought what we have would be enough to prove we're real. Why wound't we be? But when I think about it there are scammers out there :( All I'm saying is we're another host. Period.

Ilayas

The reason it doesn't look real is because you don't really have any comics on your site you haven't published any dead tree versions of said non existent comics and you haven't made any comics into an anime. I'd be more willing to think this is not a scam after you show me a comic sires that's been running on your site for 6 months to a year. I'd be willing to believe that you have the capability of publishing books after you've actually done it, the same goes for the anime thing too. Right it really just seems like you are asking other people to do all the work for you. Hell your ad space is even blank.

If I were a web comic author I have no idea how your site works. There are no examples of the UI, the archiving system, customization, to say nothing of how the back end will work. You say you have a partnership with these people but honestly we only have your word for it. Everyone thinks this is a scam because you've done nothing to prove otherwise. So put your money where your proverbial mouth is. SHOW us what you can do instead of telling us what you can do.