• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

A

Amiir

EVERYTHING IS AWESOOOOOOOOOOOME, EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE TEAM
EVERYTHING IS AWESOOOOOOOOOOOME!
WHEN YOU'RE LIVING THE DREAM!

(I found the Lego Movie to be pretty great in case you couldn't tell)

MrPhox

I'm trying to watch the remake of Ghost busters but the woman's and the guy in that are so F****** stupid!!!

He show a symbol that look like the one from Twitter, but with a howl like face and with boobs, he show the logo of 7 eleven and not aware that its taken and the last one is a hot dog over a house. The drawing look like something from the 30s. One of the woman was kinda "look at that cute man!" Let hire him just for his look!

It such an insult to the original movie that you just want to slap the head of these three woman for been just stupid.

The idea could have been well play if the woman where "smart" but they are not. In the original movie Peter Venkman was not a scientist, but he was not a moron. They secretary Jeannine was intelligent, she was not like "I'm a woman, I don't know what I'm suppose to do?"

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Just watched The Hunt For Red October. One of Sean Connery's best performances. All star cast, great story! Gives a really good feel about tensions during the last decade of the cold war. I give it Four Stars out of 4.

K

KodaAmberBr

I recently watched Ferdinand and it was a little fun. A scene in particular stuck in my mind: the bull enters a china shop and was strugling to to pass through without break anything. At first i felt frustrated but then i remembered seeing this random reportage a looong time ago about a bull in a china shop. It didnt break anything apparently. And i actually belived for a minute that was gonna happen on the movie too. When it sneezed at the granny i couldnt hold it

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarachaga

Definitely not a lizard
Saw the last Insidious movie (to date) and I feel a bit let down. I feel like it's an ok movie but the franchise has lost a lot of momentum. There's little to no character development and the movie relies way too much on jumpscares.

MrPhox

I watch "Airplane" from 1980 and there are some good joke in it.

The passenger beside him keep killing them self because he's too boring. The woman hang herself in the plane, the Japaneses soldier do hara-kiri and the last one poor gasoline on himself.

Its not as fun as Naked Gun, but its not too bad.

MrPhox

I just finish watching Airplane 2. the beginning is funny with the controller who can see the woman topless and let anyone with a weapon pass and attack the old woman.

The guy at the magazine stand chose his bomb there like you buy a toy plane was good.

Joshua Kaleb

Josh the Husker
I just rewatched Mother! Again recently and I still love it. It’s a movie that’s definitely not for everyone and I completely understand why people would hate it but I love the cinematography and what the film is trying to say. It’s a film that hits too close to home for me and I can see it being very relatable to be people that were raised Religious. It’s not as near perfect compared to the director’s other films such as Requiem For a Dream but I still recommend to watch it at least once and go into it blindly.

8/10 “better than most films nominated in the Oscars.”

S

Sagt

Decided to watch Hannah and Her Sisters (1986) again.

It's a bloody good film and (not to be pretentious or anything) it's quite profound at times. In particular, I really like this quote:

One day about a month ago, I really hit bottom. You know, I just felt that in a Godless universe, I didn't want to go on living. Now I happen to own this rifle, which I loaded, believe it or not, and pressed it to my forehead. And I remember thinking, at the time, I'm gonna kill myself. Then I thought, what if I'm wrong? What if there is a God? I mean, after all, nobody really knows that. But then I thought, no, you know, maybe is not good enough. I want certainty or nothing. And I remember very clearly, the clock was ticking, and I was sitting there frozen with the gun to my head, debating whether to shoot.

[The gun fires accidentally, shattering a mirror]

All of a sudden, the gun went off. I had been so tense my finger had squeezed the trigger inadvertently. But I was perspiring so much the gun had slid off my forehead and missed me. And suddenly neighbors were, were pounding on the door, and, and I don't know, the whole scene was just pandemonium. And, uh, you know, I-I-I ran to the door, I-I didn't know what to say. You know, I was-I was embarrassed and confused and my-my-my mind was r-r-racing a mile a minute. And I-I just knew one thing. I-I-I had to get out of that house, I had to just get out in the fresh air and-and clear my head. And I remember very clearly, I walked the streets. I walked and I walked. I-I didn't know what was going through my mind. It all seemed so violent and un-unreal to me. And I wandered for a long time on the Upper West Side, you know, and-and it must have been hours. You know, my-my feet hurt, my head was-was pounding, and-and I had to sit down. I went into a movie house. I-I didn't know what was playing or anything. I just, I just needed a moment to gather my thoughts and, and be logical and put the world back into rational perspective. And I went upstairs to the balcony, and I sat down, and, you know, the movie was a-a-a film that I'd seen many times in my life since I was a kid, and-and I always, uh, loved it. And, you know, I'm-I'm watching these people up on the screen and I started getting hooked on the film, you know. And I started to feel, how can you even think of killing yourself. I mean isn't it so stupid? I mean, l-look at all the people up there on the screen. You know, they're real funny, and-and what if the worst is true. What if there's no God, and you only go around once and that's it. Well, you know, don't you want to be part of the experience? You know, what the hell, it's-it's not all a drag. And I'm thinkin' to myself, geez, I should stop ruining my life - searching for answers I'm never gonna get, and just enjoy it while it lasts. And, you know, after, who knows? I mean, you know, maybe there is something. Nobody really knows. I know, I know maybe is a very slim reed to hang your whole life on, but that's the best we have. And then, I started to sit back, and I actually began to enjoy myself.

Don't care what people have to say about Woody Allen's life choices, the guy is still a brilliant director and writer.

MrPhox

I just watch the movie Singularity. Its weird, just another Apocalypse movie where a A.I. destroyed the humans on Earth, but it seem the technology is more advance since they have space ships.
Well it seem human have a colony outside our solar system.

War machines where created for military or for peace but violence did not stop, it increases so the CEO or inventor or the big guy of a big corporation created a A.I. Cronos to eradicated the humans to have "peace" The A.I. Cronos was trying to find the legendary place call Aurora.

I find this movie weird, it happen 90 years after the Apocalypse, it seem that only one or none humans survive. Well you see one who's alone, her family have die and she's left alone in search of Aurora. She have what look like a GPS, a map to guide her to the place (where that thing came from and what kind of battery it use to never need to be charge?

She find another human who's not a human and they run from the machines. They find a place in a church, the robot or android find what look like a record player and turn it on (not bad, no power required) and its not a gramophone.

A smaller robot probe get in the church because it heard the music? But they have no infrared sensor to see a fire or body heat. the probe leave the church after and wont come back.

The movie make no sense, no logic in the behaviour of the A.I. if the A.I. was the problem since the guy who created that stuff is kinda dead or keep alive in a machine, not sure and the machine still have power even if the world is kinda destroyed. well no city left standing somewhere the power came from and no care seem to be needed, the machine never need tune up or anything, the power source keep running after all the time.

no one ever try to blast the building or anything. if anyone knew where the "control" of the machine was. the city is just ruins but that building is still standing? Wow its solid!

One hing, no nuclear war head where use, only missiles where use to destroyed the cities and the humans. no resistance where made, no one fight back.

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:)

I saw a movie at Walmart that was 5$... I looked at it and was like "Um... Yes".

That movie was (Don't hurt yourself laughing): The 1980s"Howard The Duck".

The music was actually pretty good. The plot had its moments. I was perplexed on some of the acting, and being the 80s, it was kind of cool seeing anthropomorphic ducks doing human things.
In the Comics, all I knew from Howard was that he was from Duck World and was a detective, musician, and quack-fu master. In the movie they touched on this but never got into detail of his detective career or his other careers. I am actually surprised Marvel never did a Howard sequel or Origin Story thing yet.
This movie just through in bits and pieces of Howard and his love affair to his human Bethany. The main antagonist had like a awkward entrance to Earth as well as his motivation. The CGI was pretty bad, which is surprising because Star Wars (Which was also Lucas involved) was made in the 70s and the CGI looked better *Shrugs*.
All-in-all though, this movie wasn't too bad just really silly. It is a fair film, but is this the cult classic?? Only time will tell. I think this movie needs to be revisited and modernized in the 2000s, that is just my opinion.

:)

MrPhox

I watch Battlestar Galactica Razor 2007

its so bad, completely stupid movie and TV series

The use nuclear war head/missiles (the are suppose to be like 3000 years more advance that the early 21st century) In Star trek they have photon torpedo and phaser.

The use X-ray, the have fire arms, don't seem to have radar or censors when the fleet was attacked in space dock. I think she's a admiral, but she executed her officer because he refuse to obey her order. They where glasses, they use a phone for internal communication, they still dress like late 21st century, they have books, the use paper to take notes. they computer look primitive compare to what they use in Star trek Enterprise.

its not even a remake of the original movie TV series, its a fucking bad imitation.

E

ellaerna

Literally just saw Black Panther. Not perfect, but a damn fun time.

S

Sagt

The Girl Who Lept Through Time

The ending was a little bit ambiguous, but it still was great. It's definitely going on my list of favourite films.

E

ellaerna

Pacific Rim Uprising.
If you want to see giant robots punch monsters (and other giant robots), you'll enjoy it.
If you want literally anything else (including plot, character development, or decent writing), you'll hate it.

S

Sagt

Isle of Dogs

Fuck, it was really good.

The only annoying thing was that I was sat close to some idiot/jackass in the theatre who kept laughing really loudly, at parts that weren't even supposed to be funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Black Panther. It was ok, quite predictable and boring though.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I've mostly been watching silly romcoms lately. The last new movie I watched was the MLP movie and while it was predictable and my fiancee said it was terrible, I enjoyed it.

Open_Mind

I admit I haven't read upthread to see if anyone has talked about Ready Player One. But I will add my voice to say it is a great show! Not perfect, and there have been a lot of changes from the book. But still, a well acted movie with excellent special effects and great nostalgia moments. One complaint: there were not enough furries. One has a short scene, but otherwise the furry/ scalie characters were mostly in the background and fairly difficult to notice.
I'm sure in a virtual world, furries would be everywhere, Lol.

I highly recommend the movie. ♡

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I watched Boss Baby last night and honestly enjoyed it way more than I expected I would.