• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

MrPhox

Yesterday I went to see Pikachu detective.

Its a good movie to see, I like Mewtwo, he's cute ^^

MrPhox

I also re watch the original Robocop and its still a great movie. I like the scene at the end when Murphy tell the CEO or OCP that he can't arrest a employee of the OCP and he became the hostage, then say loudly that he's fire. The 4 directive is no longer valid so Murphy can shoot him.

Doodle Bunny

Definitely a rabbit... 100%...
I keep watching Insidious over and over again. Sometimes I do this with The Conjuring as well.

I have no clue why. I just crave spooky ghost stories all the time.

Than0s

Well known titan
Banned
Avengers endgame. It was horrendous

WXYZ

No longer using this site
Since I watch films only occasionally, I have to stretch the definition of "recently" and say that the last one I've watched was Adolescence of Utena around two months ago or so. I liked the film, although it got weirder near the end, when people started turning into cars. The moving scenery was visually stunning, and the characters didn't disappoint. It isn't the kind of film that everyone should watch. Some of the themes are obviously meant for a mature audience, and I do understand why some compare it to The End of Evangelion. The End of Evangelion is tones darker, though.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Pretty sure the last movie I actually watched was Spice World, which is a movie about the Spice Girls. It's incredible because it's an hour and a half long movie where absolutely nothing happens and yet is still entertaining just by how absurd it is

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I just finished Bohemian Rhapsody.

I enjoyed it but don't think it deserved the critical acclaim it received. I think most people just liked it because of all the music - which is understandable, because Queen is a legend of a band - but the movie itself wasn't FANTASTIC. Good, but I'm in no hurry to see it again.

MrPhox

I re watch Beverly Hills cops 1 and 2. I will continue to re watch the 3.

I just watch the new MIB and its super cool!

But at the end scene it remind me of BTTF when the flying Delorean was going to the future.

StAvery

I recently watched We Need to Talk About Kevin with Tilda Swinton and Ezra Miller. It's a rough watch. I was affected by it at first, but then I took the time to its implications regarding motherhood and neurodivergence and they are. Not great.

MrPhox

I'm trying to watch Godzilla king of the monsters, but I find the humans in it so stupid! I'm having problem to keep watching it, you just want the humans to die and leave the monsters alone.

StAvery

Oh! I also watched Isle of Dogs recently! I wasn't a huge fan of the clumsily conveyed (via some NOT GREAT dialogue) Japanese setting; but the animation and models are genuinely beautiful and
Chief
almost made me cry at three different points of the movie, so there's that.

RossTheRottie

Movie Buff, Aquascapist, Hack Writer
I just watched Dragged Across Concrete which was pretty good. The same director has two other movies I highly recommend--Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cell Block 99 were both excellent.
First of all, the cinematography in this movie is great. Not every shot is a masterpiece or anything but you always know what's happening on screen and it tells the story in a very cohesive way that will never leave you wondering why they made that particular choice. The characters are complex and their motivations are not always clear which leaves you actively thinking about the film--this is not a passive viewing experience. This is also not a hand-holding film. I like how all the pieces don't come together until mid-way through the movie and the characters are left to a significant level of development before the main plot really gets going.
This movie has gotten some negative buzz around the internet because the characters are deeply flawed, but I felt like they were entirely believable. That's the way people are, that's realistic, movies shouldn't be populated by characters you agree with and like to serve as positive affirmation for your point of view. Good movies should challenge you rather than make you feel safe and I like movies that challenge me.

Kuwamochi

snot buble
I watched Detective Pikachu a few nights ago. Very stunning special effects, kind of silly but still touching storyline. The pacing was janky but it was overall a good comfort movie.

MrPhox

I watch Team America again and I love the beginning, they are in Paris France and they want to stop the terrorist, but they do more damage that the terrorist. One want to shoot one of the terrorist with a rocket launcher/ bazooka and miss him, his rocket hit one of the foot of the Eiffel tower and the tower collapse on the Art de Triumph destroying both. One of the other terrorist seek refuge in the museum of Louvre and the woman in the fighter launch a rocket in the museum to kill the terrorist and destroying the museum at the same time.

Team America tell the French peoples that they save them from the terrorist, you see the destruction they did and the face the French peoples do is just so funny ^^

The terrorist have done nothing but Team America have cause the damages to the city all alone.

insertgenericnamehere1

I watch Team America again and I love the beginning, they are in Paris France and they want to stop the terrorist, but they do more damage that the terrorist. One want to shoot one of the terrorist with a rocket launcher/ bazooka and miss him, his rocket hit one of the foot of the Eiffel tower and the tower collapse on the Art de Triumph destroying both. One of the other terrorist seek refuge in the museum of Louvre and the woman in the fighter launch a rocket in the museum to kill the terrorist and destroying the museum at the same time.

Team America tell the French peoples that they save them from the terrorist, you see the destruction they did and the face the French peoples do is just so funny ^^

The terrorist have done nothing but Team America have cause the damages to the city all alone.
This movie is great.

MrPhox

I re watch Battleship and its so stupid!

The scientist at the station on the mountain is a moron. He's been ask about the incoming signal (the space radar got 5 blip of a small formation) and he say "Maybe we should contact NASA?" His boss told him that we have them on line. He talk with them and he says "Maybe we should call the military?" his boss tell him that we have them online also.

They have no contact with the alien, the space radar show a formation coming to Earth and no one click that is not a friendly visit. One on Earth the country who where running some military manoeuvre send three destroyer to check the ship that crash into the ocean. The radar can't see the them and they are like surprise that they have stealth technology, like its not something they have.

The alien deploy a shield around the island of Hawaii or is it Pearl Harbour? The alien send some machine to destroyed the military base on the island and no radar seem to have detected their approach? (What radar was use to detect them in space?) and no vigil have seen those machine coming? The alien have destroyed the base and highway that to to the mountain where the dish are.

One of the destroyer was destroyed by the alien after they fire at them, later the two remaining destroyer attack the aliens ship in the ocean and they also get destroyed.

At the end they taken a ww2 battleship that was a museum and use it to attack the alien ship in the ocean. What's weird is that the old ship still have fuel in the tank and live ammunition. Why a museum ship still have ammunition from ww2 in it?

if the kinda drone the alien use to attack the base, the last destroyer and try to attack the battleship are furtive, how did the fighter manage to fire his missiles on it without a lock?

MrPhox

I watch a old movie that I don't think I have seen since the 70s "At the Earth's core (1976)"

Dr. Abner Perry (Peter Cushing) is an English scientist who has invented a massive drill that can dig deep into the earth. Joined by his adventure-seeking American backer, David Innes (Doug McClure), Perry accidentally discovers an underground civilization of primitive humans who live in fear of telepathic flying monsters. David becomes intrigued by the beautiful native Dia (Caroline Munro), and must rescue her when she is chosen as a human sacrifice.

Kinda weird movie, but interesting.

RossTheRottie

Movie Buff, Aquascapist, Hack Writer
I recently watched a film called The Clovehitch Killer which was sort of a mystery movie. Dylan McDermott is great in it and he completely pulls off the middle-class dad role while providing this very subtle hint of an edge that lets you know something isn't quite right. Its also shot really well and kind of feels like a low-key David Fincher movie. If you've been waiting for Mindhunter to come back on and would like something that really feels a lot like that, Clovehitch might be for you.

Peach's

mathmagician
The Lion King remake was interesting. Some of the stuff people were complaining about didn't bother me all that much, 'Be Prepared' and the 'remember who you are' scene fell flat, the lighting I felt was also weird for some of the scenes which were originally in the night.

That said, I felt like Shenzi has a stronger presence in this film and felt more like the leader than the smart one in a trio. I like that they gave some of the animals in the jungle speaking roles, loved the gazelle's energy.

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
I watched the new Quentin Tarantino movie Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and it was pretty good. Probably one of my less favorite movies of his but it was still very good. I think I’d like it a lot more if it was more focused on one of the several plots in the movie instead of trying to focus on so many of them. I’d also really like if several of the characters in the movie got more screen time than what they did. The acting is great though and the movie is drenched in 60s atmosphere and it’s just so cozy and beautiful to watch. The soundtrack is great as always just like any Tarantino film.

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
Not a movie that came out recently, of course.
But I decided to watch Halloween, y'know the Michael Myers movie.

Both because of Dead by Daylight and because I had NO idea what horror movies I wanted to watch, either way I learnt that it has aged a hell of a lot and I have been yelling at stupid teens constantly.
Good movies for their time, I wouldn't say they aged badly in terms of how they look but I'm not picky in that, I just mean they aged badly in that they're basically all the tropes.

MosquitoBeest

Small but Mighty
IT Chapter 2, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good I thought!
Not as scary as the first but the adult actors nailed their kid counterparts so perfectly. Bill Hader's and Jessica Chastain's performances were my favorites. I haven't read the book but I knew there were some wild interdimensional things but I can't imagine not knowing anything about the book and watching the final fight like....whaaaat??
The director did say he wanted to do a supercut of both movies with deleted and new scenes, so I'm holding out for that!
Now I'm watching a whole bunch of Bill Skarsgard interviews lol.

Shahf the Wolfo

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood:

Saw it around my Birthday. Good acting, good story and great cinematography. Probably the best new film I've seen this year besides Spoderman into the Spidey-Verse.