• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

MrPhox

I re watch Invasion USA with Chuck Norris. A stupid movie.

I did see Logan and it was cool and sad.

Robot Planet: I don't know if its Earth or not since at the beginning it seem to be in German, but the have lunch a "relay station" like and us it to received the ship at the planet but there was a problem and he was force to eject and land on the planet. I wont tell what's happening but just say that the discovery is missing info and its rescue seem to got the same problem has him.

So its a weird movie with only one actor only. Yes he's alone from start to beginning. Well beside robots, there is no life form anymore, no animals or that you don't see any. No birds or any wild one.

Its not boring, but there kinda nothing going on or little going on in the movie.

Renan Azure

I re watch Invasion USA with Chuck Norris. A stupid movie.

I did see Logan and it was cool and sad.

Robot Planet: I don't know if its Earth or not since at the beginning it seem to be in German, but the have lunch a "relay station" like and us it to received the ship at the planet but there was a problem and he was force to eject and land on the planet. I wont tell what's happening but just say that the discovery is missing info and its rescue seem to got the same problem has him.

So its a weird movie with only one actor only. Yes he's alone from start to beginning. Well beside robots, there is no life form anymore, no animals or that you don't see any. No birds or any wild one.

Its not boring, but there kinda nothing going on or little going on in the movie.
Logan really got me. I saw it in theaters and, like someone else said, it was a bittersweet end to those movies. (As much as I didn't like some of them...)

Oh, when...
X-23/Laura flips the cross on Logan's grave to form an X... dayum. The feels.

A

ACaracalFromWork

I saw guardians of the galaxy 2 I loved it so much fun, highly recommend if you saw the first film.

chirchri

Demonic ( I can't forget this movie?)

Every House Has Its Secrets.

A police officer and a psychologist investigate the deaths of five people who were killed while trying to summon ghosts.

This movie is having an awesome plot twist too, don't forget to watch this movie.

SSJ3Mewtwo

most recent movie i saw was Alien Covenant and as a hard core Alien nerd it angered me greatly

I myself liked it quite a bit.

Spoiler below, and my main reason for being fascinated with the direction the series went.

1) It continues the theme of the creations and creators being in conflict with one another, and hints at how the creations of one take the ideas of their creators to craft their own new creations.

Humans were confirmed as being spawned from the DNA of the Engineers, hence our surface similarity to them.

David is shown in the opening scene as realizing within a few minutes of opening his eyes for the first time that he has been designed to be superior to humans in any number of ways. From physical capability, mental capacity, immortality, he is far superior to a human, and is frustrated that he is programmed to obey the commands of humans as a servant. Weyland does consider him a successful creation though, and one of his highest works.

On through Prometheus, David takes a keen interest in his task to experiment with the Engineer's mutagenic compound on humans, seeing what he can do to alter the species that created him, and also is curious to meet the creators of humans themselves, the Engineers.

The Engineers themselves see humans as a failed creation, and planned to wipe us out. When Weyland and David meet the Engineer in the ship, he rips David's head off, and uses the head of Weyland's finest work to bash his head in.

David survives (or 'remains active', you could say), and is eventually repaired by Shaw on the way to the Engineer homeworld.

He thanks Shaw for repairing him by going full pycho, meaning even his refined programming has human weaknesses within it, and uses her for experimenting on to create his own version of a perfect organism, and when their ship arrives on the Engineer homeworld, he annihilates the beings that first created humans to create more experimental material to craft his own vision of perfection.

And when he does, when we see the first neomorph burst from the captain (and when the protomorph faces him earlier), we see they are not hostile to David at all. David has done the same thing with his creation that his human creators had done with him, and which the Engineers had done with humans. He genetically programmed his creations to respect him. That's at least how I expect they'll justify the xenos in the rest of the Alien movies not being hostile to synthetics, unless they're threatened first.

Which means I'm hoping he gets his final comeuppance in the final prequel movie, and a xeno finally turns on him, and rips him to pieces.

That aside, I saw Wonder Woman a few days ago.

I don't think it really deserves the impressive 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, specifically because the editing felt really, really weird at times. Nowhere near as polished and seemless as some of the Marvel flics, and that did end up hurting some of the otherwise really good scenes. But it was still a fun and very enjoyable movie.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
Spoiler below, and my main reason for being fascinated with the direction the series went.

its not so much THAT its more scrapping the original lore and kind of ham fisting this new thing thing

the original lore was that the Xenos were the first race they're perfection and despite seeming animalistic are extremely intelligent and because they're so elitist they feel all other life "offends them" so that's why they have a need to destroy everything but as a friend pointed out "the new ones make sense then because they're not perfect if they were they wouldn't need hosts"

SSJ3Mewtwo

its not so much THAT its more scrapping the original lore and kind of ham fisting this new thing thing

the original lore was that the Xenos were the first race they're perfection and despite seeming animalistic are extremely intelligent and because they're so elitist they feel all other life "offends them" so that's why they have a need to destroy everything but as a friend pointed out "the new ones make sense then because they're not perfect if they were they wouldn't need hosts"

I don't think of it as scrapping the original lore (though I'm glad Alien 3 and Resurrection are being retconned), or ham-fisting in (though the clarity of story could be better).

The xenomorphs haven't been portrayed as elitist or such, more just very intelligent animals, borderline sentient, that are absolutely superb killing organisms.

The question that comes from that is 'How did they get to be that way?'. It's never said in the original two movies, or even posited, whether they evolved or were created, but the arrangement of the eggs in Alien reaaaaaaaly leans towards intelligence having created them. Something/someone laid out a bunch of eggs in the ship in Alien in the same arrangement the canisters were in Prometheus.

These movies seem to be providing that intelligence.

Engineers created humans to be perfect organisms/subjects, humans created synthetics to be perfect servants, engineers decide to kill humans and synthetics, synthetic decides to kill humans and engineers to create his own perfect organism/subject.

And they're not perfect, of course, just superbly well adapted. The use of a host's DNA to provide an ideal survival design for the birthed xeno is...well, it's the kind of thing an intelligent and rather sadistic intelligence would come up with.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
The xenomorphs haven't been portrayed as elitist or such, more just very intelligent animals, borderline sentient, that are absolutely superb killing organisms.

The question that comes from that is 'How did they get to be that way?'. It's never said in the original two movies, or even posited, whether they evolved or were created, but the arrangement of the eggs in Alien reaaaaaaaly leans towards intelligence having created them. Something/someone laid out a bunch of eggs in the ship in Alien in the same arrangement the canisters were in Prometheus.

i wont spoiler this because its no longer cannon (others say the Prometheus timeline isn't cannon more of a "what if?")

in the comics games and other media it pointed to this
more so originally the engineers were part of a race called the space jockeys so that "suit" actually was their skeleton (they looked like elephant people) the eggs wound up on the ship because the space jockeys stole eggs from somewhere i think it may have even been the xeno home world and was going to sell them to a kind of black market 1 per cent zoo but the space jockeys felt their size meant they couldn't be impregnated

space jokey's looked something like this
Alien+Comic.jpg

and if you look at Alien 1 that's not a suit that's clearly a mummified skeleton
latest
you can see the tongue teeth and what's left of the eyes the "suit" in Prometheus was changed heavily from the original design

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
Watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas recently.

Real weird and fucked up. The movie was sort of aimless though, the characters didn't really have an overall goal for the most part. Other than that I thought it was a great film, and it was really different in tone than most movies I've seen, which I liked.

the character played by johnny dep was a real guy

the movie is based on how he can't remember decades of his life

MrPhox

I watch Wonder Woman and its good! there are parts where it remind me of Captain America, but its a good movie.

I watch Guardian of the Galaxy vol 2 and its a great movie! Rocket seem cuter that in the first one ^^ At the end of the movie (where many peoples leave at the credit) Grooth is funny ^^

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
5 centimeters per second. Absolutely one of the most odd and bleh anime movies i've seen. It was posted as being a great movie but i didn't really get into it at all...the background animation was nice...that's about it.

Beatle9

Ash Cinder
I finally got around to seeing the original Teen Wolf. I liked it, it was nice seeing werewolves portrayed a little differently. It's used more as a "well you've got this thing now, might as well live with it" instead of the usual "AAAAHH! I'm a monster!" Plus, Michael J. Fox is adorable as always.

Sivath

ㅇㅅㅇ
I saw.. um, what's it in English? Oh. The Vilianess?
It was basically a hack and slash time killer.
But the assassin lady was really awesome. In many ways.
Everyone died, though.

Sivath

ㅇㅅㅇ
I watch Wonder Woman and its good! there are parts where it remind me of Captain America, but its a good movie.
The guy, Steve, was so much like Jim Kirk in the reboot Star Trek! Personality wise, because the similarity in appearance is pretty much obvious, as it's the same actor. But I loved it.

MrPhox

Cars 3

I have to says that this movie is great! Its better that the first one. Not hard to beat the second one :)

But Lightning McQueen train a new racer. Its a very good movie to see until July for other good movie (well we will see if the movie in July will be good) but until then, go see it, its a great movie.

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
Cars 3

I have to says that this movie is great! Its better that the first one. Not hard to beat the second one :)

But Lightning McQueen train a new racer. Its a very good movie to see until July for other good movie (well we will see if the movie in July will be good) but until then, go see it, its a great movie.
i agree! i loved it and thought it was much better than it was given credit for. Literally in the cards franchise go from cars 1 to cars 3 and you'll be fine hahaha

MrPhox

Yup. And I hope that they don't do a cars 4. Its good, but they must stop. Not like the other Disney movie with a pirate or those bad, bad, bad, bad Transformers movies.

MsRavage

peek-a-boo!!! I see you!
did you get the feeling in the movie when they were talking about mcqueen selling products and basically being a sellout...did you get the feeling it was suppose to be aimed to disney since they made pixar create cars 2 for the purpose of selling toys?

MrPhox

no, but I feel McQueen's that he was thinking that he was too old and it was time to step aside, stop racing and just be a seller of products.

MrPhox

I have watch the Smurf the lost village and its a good movie. i was surprise how good it was and the they where not annoying like they are in the old 80s cartoon from Anna Barbara. That movie was good, but I find that are stuff that should not be, like the police Smurf. I mean they are living in the middle ages, there are no police. Kinda sheriff, but not in a village.

Beside that, its a good movie.

C

ClinkertheLion

I recently rewatched a film i love dearly called the Titfield Thunderbolt. After british railways announces the closure of the local branchline, a team of amateurs do there best to save it. However, the local bus company will do anything to prove its safe by road.
A classic from ealing studios. Doesn't really hold up as its a movie that focuses around a long solved issue on Britains railway, but it guaranteed to give you a lot laughs while watching