• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Talk about a movie you've seen recently!

Beatle9

Ash Cinder
Mike was actually the only complaint I had as well. I feel like there was plenty of time to flesh him out, but they seemed to want his character to be more of a loner type, which doesn't really fit as well with him being the librarian later on. I felt like his character got really cheated and you don't really get to know him in this adaptation at all, compared to the other kids.

But for all the complaints I have about Mike, I have more compliments for Eddie. He was so adorable. I can't get over it. All the kids were great actors and have bright futures ahead of them.
lol, Eddie was actually my favorite. He reminded me a lot of myself when I was that age.

Loffi

lol, Eddie was actually my favorite. He reminded me a lot of myself when I was that age.

Lol, he was adorable. Def my favorite part of the whole movie.

At that age, I was probably more Richie than anyone else. As an adult, I relate more to Ben and Eddie.

S

Sagt

I saw Logan about a week ago and I thought it was great, not just as a superhero movie, but in general. I say this because I normally have low expectations of superhero films as a result of their record for putting greater importance in the action/fighting scenes than the plot and acting (to be fair, they're getting better in this regard), but I've got to say that Logan did not fit the stereotype.

I thought that the character development in particular was done well, it was interesting how they managed to make some characters, like the family they meet at the farm briefly, have more in-depth personalities than characters from previous films who had more time on-screen, for instance Psylocke in Apocalypse. The plot was pretty interesting too and the stakes felt far more important compared to previous films, even though in reality, much less was on the line.
Though I do have one minor gripe, this being that it wasn't very clear why Wolverine became mortal. I had to do a bit of reading after watching the film to find out, and supposedly it's because of a scene in another movie, 'The Wolverine', when part of his powers are taken away. Though this explanation is more of an inference made by fans than something that was established by the story.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
Dunkirk..........It was entertaining for historical, and intense moments of human emotion and experience but completely lacked war -____- I don't know I just wanted to get out. The movie is about a battle in ww2 I think where the British are surrounded and pushed onto the beach. They pretty much get attacked lot and retreat the whole movie. Ehh go see it if your bored, good acting and plot, but hardly any action.

because that's what happened in the real battle

Dunkirk happened right as France and Belgium surrendered England France Belgium the dutch and Poland fell back to dunkirk where they set up an all round defensive Hitler stopped the tanks because he fought in the area during WW1 and felt that the ground was not firm enough for tanks to travel through to which Rommel agreed so only infantry could move in however the allies had made too strong a defensive position and ultimately the risk was not worth the reward there as one time where the Germans nearly broke through when the British in a area began routing but the coldstream guard (the guys who stand in front of the queens palace) began shooting the routing men which made them return to their positions and the line was held

Eventually Hitler decided they (the allies) weren't going anywhere and just harassed the survivors with a battalion of the German Army and the Luftwaffe while he sent the tanks and the rest of the Army down south to fight pockets of French Resistance still remaining

Dunkirk was a ruse on both sides the English were crossing the channel which the Germans did not expect and Hitler was tricking the allies by making it seem there was a larger force attacking them than there really was while he took more ground in Holland Belgium and France the tragedy of everything is that the allies could have launched a counter offensive and easily broken through and surrounded the germans with the allies from the north and the french resistance and remnants of the French Army coming from the south

Kezi Avdiivka

Fury

.....ho boy..... film a regiment of elite waffen german soldiers marching with about 8 of them carrying panzerfausts, then get mowed down by a tank that can't move instead of running too the blind spots, then shoot 3 rounds of RPG at the tank missing all except 1 that only kills 1 guy, and then get mowed down by the tank somemore.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
Fury

.....ho boy..... film a regiment of elite waffen german soldiers marching with about 8 of them carrying panzerfausts, then get mowed down by a tank that can't move instead of running too the blind spots, then shoot 3 rounds of RPG at the tank missing all except 1 that only kills 1 guy, and then get mowed down by the tank somemore.

nah its accurate dude they weren't RPG's they were recoiless rifles but they don't do shit to heavy tanks even now with the carl gustav we're told not to engage tanks the last battle depicts tank scuttling which is basically turning the disabled tank into a fortress

S

Sagt

Saw Wolf Children last night and it was much better than I was expecting. It somewhat reminded me of The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, but with more cuteness, yet just as much sadness. ;-;

Now I'm in the mood for some more anthro and anime films, hopefully something more cheery this time though.

MrPhox

I just watch Peter's dragon 2017 and its kinda stupid. The kids parent die in the car accident and he's get out without any mark or wounds. I don't know why they die or die of what but he survive. Must be lucky?

They have old 70's phones touch tone, kinda weird. Unless its suppose to happen in the 70's? but the cars are moderns.

I'm downloading the original version to see how it was compare to that remake. I'm just tired of remake, its show a lack of imagination!

As good as it can be, its still a remake.

D

Deleted member 111470

I re-watched Kill the Irishman a few days ago. Man, I love mafia movies so much. It's great.

I watched this, it was awesome, probably the only awesome thing I've seen in a year:

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared (film) - Wikipedia

It's basically an action film starring a 100 year old man who is very definitely not to be underestimated. Well the actor isn't 100 years old, the character is, the actor was in his 40s and made to look old with makeup. And I don't mean he was some sort of martial arts master or something, he wasn't very physically strong, but he finds a way to win anyway.

Alrazvick

Not normal by any stretch of the imagination.
I just watched James Gunss's Slither for the 6th time. It's one of my favorite moveis. I really wish we could get a sequel.

If any of you are a fan of it and want to talk about it, let me know.

MrPhox

Despicable me 3

I love that movie, it was fun and the "revolt" of the minions was funny.

Its a good movie and I like it.

I just watch Wings of Honneamise. Its a anime and weird. They put a lot of money in building a space rocket to lunch the firs man in space. Hard to explain the story. It seem that a enemy country wanted to capture the rocket for I don't know what.

Its part religious, pretending that "we" in that world have no reason to fight each other, We can go in space have have more space to live. Well the movie finish like that after one man was in orbit. he pray and hopping that the people will heard his message and stop war.

As I say, its a weird movie.

Shoiyo

Smartass skunk
The Gracefield Incident

Oh My God what a stinking, steaming pile. I knew going into a "found footage" alien horror film to keep my expectations way low, but this one was just garbage even at my lowest expectations. Awful acting, a garbled and out of sync plot, and tired tropes that made me shake my head in shame.

No stars for you.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Kingsman - The Golden Circle.
I was a little reluctant in getting into Kingsman, watching the first recently before I saw the sequel, and to my surprise, I liked it.
The sequel, however, is a different story - the action felt more predictable than thrilling, which it was in the first, and they also seemed like they overdid. Shame that sequelitis seems to come to this franchise.

coldbrew

Nitro coldbrew whenever!
Blade Runner 2049! I was very wary of it but it turns out to be an awesome sequel! It really stayed true to the original's theme, and even came up with a protagonist who's just as intriguing and great as the first one. The music was epic enough to literally shake the walls of my local theater lol. I was worried that it'll look too polished (CGI fluff and all) compared to the original's gritty realism (that I loved), but nope. The art direction is fantastic, and they managed to expand Los Angeles and make the world even more immersive.

Also agree with @Open_Mind ; this sequel has a ton of references it just lit up my face with smiles. Even little things like the kitchen design calls back to the original, and that's just plain awesome.

Great movie! Nice to see a show where Harrison Ford doesn't ____ <redacted - spoilers suck>

Ikr? So much for that running gag XD

coldbrew

Nitro coldbrew whenever!
Kingsman - The Golden Circle.
I was a little reluctant in getting into Kingsman, watching the first recently before I saw the sequel, and to my surprise, I liked it.
The sequel, however, is a different story - the action felt more predictable than thrilling, which it was in the first, and they also seemed like they overdid. Shame that sequelitis seems to come to this franchise.

Yeah, the sequel felt kind of dumb compared to the first one's (should I say?) brilliance. The villain and Statesman felt like hollow stereotypes instead of fleshed out characters...maybe they didn't mean it that way, but it definitely bored me with that choice. The action is actually the only saving grace to the film. Scenes with the lasso was fun!

Heck, I think the Archer crossover would've made a better scenario than half of this film XD

Lei-Lani

The South Pacific Sea H'otter
"Justice League Dark"

For some time, I'd been wondering if Warner Brothers Animation would ever get the right writing team together and do a high-quality Justice League story that was big on...well, STORY. Finally, with the help of master comic writer J.M. Dematteis, it worked. <3 This is honestly the best Justice League movie I've come across in my opinion, mainly because of my love for magic and the supernatural, which both come together rather seamlessly in this epic tale of Batman, Zatanna, Constantine, and wise-cracking ghost Boston Brand teaming up to stop a madman causing supernatural disasters all over the world.

Worth the look. ^^

S

Sagt

This thread needs more love. :v

I saw The Boy and the Beast recently, and thought it was really good. I decided to watch it because I'm in a bit of an anime mood at the moment and since I'd heard lots of good things about it, especially from furries (as one would imagine). But yeah, the plot was engaging, the main character 'Ren' had a cool story and the ending was a little bit sad, in a good way though. Either an 8 or 9 out of 10.

Fuzzylumkin

The token panda
Geralds Game,
Based off the Stephen King book, this movie was definitely a great adaption to the book, it was definitely close to spot on, and I recommend it for any Stephen king fan

MrPhox

Valerian and the city of a thousand planet

very good movie, I know about the books, but the movie is so cool! The FX are well made but don't take all the place. There is a story to tell. A great Sci-fi movie

E

ellaerna

Saw Thor Ragnarok yesterday. It was a beautiful mess. There was a lot going on, it could have easily been broken up into three different movies, they always had to undercut serious moments with (usually stupid) humor... But it was just so much fun.

And it was possibly the most 80s metal thing I have seen in a long while. You could definitely see that they were taking their cues from Guardians.