• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Talking about the Undertale fanbase

M

MetroidFan59

Yes,some people have played Undertale,some have not.But I definitely have and I am NOT affiliating myself to its fanbase because the fanbase is full of skelefuckers and goat mom fap artists,like...why? these guys not only ruined the whole game for people,they made it look like outdated memes.Please don't be offended by this,believe me...I've seen a lot of awesome Undertale fan art on Deviantart and even Furaffinity and some that are...cringe worthy.But hey,draw what you like.The next thread I'm posting will talk about the Sonic fanbase and it's MUCH worse than the fanbases of Undertale and FNAF!

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
I am completely, 100% in agreement with you. It's hard having Undertale as my favorite game while trying to stay the hell away from its ungodly fanbase.

I'm getting shivers thinking about a piece of fanart featuring Toriel and Gaster making out.

And Asgore and Muffet going at it.

AdelynBlair

Adelyn the Dutch Angel Dragon
I don't suggest judging anything based on it's fan base. Yes, I love Undertale for the interesting game mechanics and the characters. Yes, there is some really messed up fanart for Undertale. Unfortunatly Rule 34 exists. If it exists then there is "that" art of it....le sigh.

I don't love the fanbase but I am apart of it, Alphys and Undyne are my favorites.

DennyFrontier

Noir York City
Undertale was an OK game... I don't see why people made such a big deal about it though. Just because it had some "furry" characters in it? The fan base can really put people off of a game sometime.

AdelynBlair

Adelyn the Dutch Angel Dragon
Undertale was an OK game... I don't see why people made such a big deal about it though. Just because it had some "furry" characters in it? The fan base can really put people off of a game sometime.

No, that it isn't why I liked it. The game gets "smarter" as you play. I really liked the game mechanic there.

xaliceonfire

Kiralee
I don't suggest judging anything based on it's fan base. Yes, I love Undertale for the interesting game mechanics and the characters. Yes, there is some really messed up fanart for Undertale. Unfortunatly Rule 34 exists. If it exists then there is "that" art of it....le sigh.

I don't love the fanbase but I am apart of it, Alphys and Undyne are my favorites.

No, that it isn't why I liked it. The game gets "smarter" as you play. I really liked the game mechanic there.

Totally agree with you. It's unfair to base anything according to how a portion of them act. Undertale has one of my favorite story lines, and not everyone in the fanbase are horny for the characters.

MrFranco

Nintendork with a PC
It's hard having Undertale as my favorite game while trying to stay the hell away from its ungodly fanbase.

And this is why I don't give a shit about fandoms. It's not like I have to play with them!

...By that logic you'll understand why I never played League of Legends.

Also, I'm not sure if I should be impressed by all the love Sans receives.

Aces

Fandoms are like boxes of chocolate. The bigger they are, the more absurd, unappealing amd desperate the flavors can get.
But for all the unappetizing fillings like "Pistachio-Strawberry, "Bloody Mary, or "cheddar-milk chocolate," you also get to taste wonderful things you have never imagined, like "White chocolate-saffron," "Salt and Lime zest," or "Adzuki ganache," on top of tons of other, more traditional goodies.

You just need to have the presence of mind to read the labels and take everything as an individual experience.

Stratelier

Also, not every box of chocolates is a variety pack ... just most of them.

Anyway, I'm actually kind of curious what Undertale would be like if it got a console release -- and by which I specifically mean how it leads up to the final boss. How would they handle THAT? It works on PC, but consoles are different.

MrFranco

Nintendork with a PC
I'm actually kind of curious what Undertale would be like if it got a console release -- and by which I specifically mean how it leads up to the final boss. How would they handle THAT? It works on PC, but consoles are different.
(Obviously mayor spoilers)
The scren freezes and takes you back to the home menu, and you can't escape there manually.

Honestly consoles behave more like PCs with each generation that passes.

Stratelier

Yeah, but
PC is the only platform where a game crash manifests as the game blinking out and you are immediately back at your desktop wallpaper. Ergo it's the only platform where you can fake it for effect.

For a console port, I imagine something like the following could be just as effective:
- The game displays a fake crash message (tailored to the specific console). Closing the game and/or rebooting the console is not required; after about 5-10 seconds the crash message itself glitches out and the game "restarts" with the "glitched intro" and Flowey "save file".
- The game suspends itself (as if you'd hit the HOME button). For real. Upon un-suspending the software, it "restarts" and proceeds from there.
- The game screen simply blacks out, then "restarts" after a 10 second delay.

Also, maybe if you hit the HOME button during the Photoshop Flowey battle this will suspend the game, but only once -- when you resume the game, Flowey will call you out for doing that, and disable the button (until you either win or lose the fight).

L

Leoni Zheitk

It is a shame though...
A lot of my friends never tried it because of graphics...

Stratelier

I tried Earthbound once -- and not back in the day mind you -- but gave up in frustration due to controls.