• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tan lines

Tanned?

• Total voters

Shyy

slightly confused, mostly fun loving Protogen
I feel sad for those of you that have difficulty with exposure to the sun. I've had a sun poisoning, so I have to be careful out there, as well.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I've had a sun poisoning, so I have to be careful out there, as well.
*looks up 'sun poisoning'*

O.O

Okay, so sun poisoning is actually way worse than just a sunburn, but two of the symptoms remind me of the "second-degree sunburn" I described earlier in the thread. In my case, a week of painful back blisters, painful to the point where I couldn't even wear a shirt AT ALL.

I don't know if I've gotten to full nausea and the other heatstroke-esque symptoms before though.

Shyy

The ugly thing about sun poisoning- I tend to not stay hydrated already, so, by the time that I really wanted a drink, I was already dealing with the symptoms of nausea, and slight dis-orientation. (I felt slightly dizzy). Now, if I am going to be out in the sun, I make *DAMN* sure to set an alarm for no longer than a 1/2 hour at a time.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I use SPF-100 in the sun so no tanning for me. Without sun block I go from no tan to sunburn to peel in an endless cycle. I've also had skin cancers removed that weren't benign. So yeah, no tan.

Definitely good advice to stay safe in the sun.

SerlisTialo

sea cucumber
i don't really care what color or pattern a person is.

Shyy

I can appreciate that outlook. I try to get as much sun as I can for a couple of reasons- 1) health benefits (Vitamin D, mental health, as I enjoy the feel of warm (NOT hot) sunlight on body) and 2) my FWB likes the way that I look, since I tend to "Bronze" naturally, due to being partially Apache Indian.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Banned
tan-lines-by-surgical-mask-on-the-face-of-a-beautiful-girl-picture-id1221034535

O

O.D.D.

I feel sad for those of you that have difficulty with exposure to the sun. I've had a sun poisoning, so I have to be careful out there, as well.
I used to burn pretty bad in the SoCal sun (if you could see my overall complexion you'd likely see exactly why lol), but over the years I've become a bit less prone to getting burned bad in a hurry

I'm still at pretty substantial risk of something like a melanoma due to family history but 50 SPF and a boonie hat help a bit

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
Hard to tan here in middle TN, you usually have to go somewhere closer to the coast to be able to do that.

SerlisTialo

sea cucumber

SerlisTialo

sea cucumber