• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tattoo! Who will do one!?

Skittle

Banned
Banned
I am looking for someone to do me a tattoo, completely in black of two wolves snuggling inside a heart. The person I want to do it charges $70 and there is no way I could afford that.

TopazThunder

Noir Fetishist
I would definitely be willing. Tattoos and designs are a specialty of mine.

Here are some examples of various design types I tend to do them in:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2099265/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2067386/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1882643/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1886626/

So yeah, if you think my style works for what you want, send me a note here or on my FA page. After the design concepts are done, I'll probably not charge any more than 10 bucks for a finished product (the sketches and concepts are free).

Dreamaria

Zombie Horse
Don't mean to play devil's advocate here...but seriously.

Price should not be an issue when it comes to tattoos. If the artist you wanted to do it charges $70, save up get it. I really hope you aren't going to be the same way when you get your tattoo done, cheap does NOT equal quality, ESPECIALLY when it comes to tattoos. If you find a tattoo artist you like, wait until you have the money to get what you really want, don't settle for less because it's "cheap". Find an artist that specializes in the type of design you want. This tattoo is going to be on you forever.

Don't mean to play devil's advocate here...but seriously.

Price should not be an issue when it comes to tattoos. If the artist you wanted to do it charges $70, save up get it. I really hope you aren't going to be the same way when you get your tattoo done, cheap does NOT equal quality, ESPECIALLY when it comes to tattoos. If you find a tattoo artist you like, wait until you have the money to get what you really want, don't settle for less because it's "cheap". Find an artist that specializes in the type of design you want. This tattoo is going to be on you forever.

Agreed like crazy.

DArtJunkie

This.

Honestly, if you can't afford the design art, you probably won't be able to afford a tattoo artist who is clean/dependable/safe/will get the tattoo to look the way you want/will do a tattoo that lasts.

Also, just an FYI....your best bet is to find a tattoo artist you like, save up the money, and have THEM draw up the design for you. Tattoo artists are artists after all, most of them make their living drawing. Plus, a design that a 2-D artists creates may not translate well on skin. There are limitations with doing art on flesh that the average artists may not figure into their drawing. Go with the actual tattoo artist that's going to be doing your ink. If they're gonna draw it on you anyway, they're more liable to know what will work best/look best as a design. I've worked w/ tattoo artists to get my ink done before, and even if you bring in artwork, any good tat artist will re-draw it to make sure you'll be satisfied with the way it's going to come out.
Nothing sadder than badly done ink. Always makes me cringe and feel sorry for the poor shlub wearing it.

Juuuust my 2 cents.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
For all your devil's advocates. I came here because I know I can find people who most likely can do the tattoo better, faster, and cheaper than the person I am looking at on DA. :/

Considering this fee is for a design that you'll get stuck with, on your body, for a majority of your remaining life, I have to agree with the dudes here. It might be good to see who's ready to do it on fA, if only to get some more variety and skill, but price is not the first thing to consider.

Voodoowolf

you all do have a point but there are many tattoo artists that dont charge for the design.... like i designed my own and it was only 80 bucks to get done at a very nice good shop (its a wolf i'll link a pic if you'd like to see)
actually i've never heard of a tattoo artist charge to make the design just to get it done.

honestly i think it is a bit much to pay 70$ for a design then pay prolly another 100-150$ to get it done =/ but i understand the concern always wanna find a clean shop ><

azalea666

I've done plenty of tattoo designs and I could sketch one up for you and make it nice and clean, two characters would be $8 and it would be digital(my scanner isn't working). i'll see if i can get a webcam pic of my husbands seahorse tattoo on my gallery later, so you can see what nice lineart and a dependable, well-trained tattoo artist can come up with.

NekoYoukaii

I think you should go to good tattoo studio and introduce your idea for tattooist. Good tatooist is a good artist, so he/she can make really good design for your tattoo.