• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tattoos - A Discussion.

I know threads like this can get pretty heated, so I'll say this once and only once: keep it civil. If you're not a fan of the subject at hand, that's fine. Just don't be a stuck-up prick about it.

Anyway, I don't have any yet but as soon as I get the money, I want to get a battle axe on my right forearm with the words "No Fate" across the handle. The axe represents my love of metal and rock, and the words are from Terminator 2: Judgment Day (my favorite movie). It means that the future isn't set and there's no fate but what we make for ourselves. It's sort of a personal mantra of mine, whenever I feel like I'm doomed to be the same poor, lonely loser I was growing up forever.

So if you've got any or just some thoughts, feel free to post.

Zenia

I've got one tattoo (so far). It is a paw print and is below my collarbone. I got it a few years before I got into the fandom though.
http://zenia.unixdaemons.com/temp/zeniatattoo.jpg

I love tattoos... as long as they mean something to the person and won't ever be removed.

Eske

Don't believe the mask...
I love tattoos. Meaningful ones, anyway. Yeah, pretty much what Zenia said. :)

My husband and I have a special insignia derived from our first name initials, and my dream is to get that tattooed on the inside of my wrist. But I guess that spot is really discouraged (especially for a first-timer) since the skin is so thin there, so I probably won't ever get it done. ):

If that doesn't work out, I'm thinking of getting a celtic tree of life, which has personal meaning to me. No idea where I'd put that, though. The round shape isn't really ideal...

But I'm definitely getting one, one day. :)

johnny

Think Of Something Else
my tattoo will be in the future, because I just don't want one right now. gotta have something to do next summer, I guess

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
No tattoos here. I don't hate them or anything though, but I don't think I'll ever get one. I've a low threshold for pain, and I don't even know what I'd end up getting. Plus, the whole "PERMANENT" thing is a huge putoff.

I had a fake My Little Pony tattoo though for a bit, but it was photoshopped on for the purpose of trolling my facebook friends. That's about as close as I'll get, I think.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
I think I might get a small tattoo on my arm or something. You know, something that people wouldn't really notice unless I told them it was there. That's the best type of tattoo.

johnny

Think Of Something Else
I'll probably get something cliche like space coyote or something, but it'll be small and t-shirt concealable

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Might get one someday, but I'd want to design it myself and it'll probably take me way too long to do so

C

cad

Would love to get one, but I have no idea exactly what I want forever imprinted on my body.

T

Tewin Follow

I would get one, but can't really think of one I'd want forever :p Personally, as long as it's tasteful and tastefully located, I see nothing wrong with them

Yeah, I agree.
My problem is that I couldn't decide, because something I like now, I may not actually like that much in ten years time. Even things like a husband/wife's name have backfired on people, so the only "forever TM" tattoos I could think of would be your children's names.

Gavrill

ladies~
I have two tattoos, a question mark on my right wrist and a hyena on my right upper arm designed by Coffinberry.

I don't regret either of them which is saying something for tattoos I basically impulse-got, haha.

T

Tewin Follow

I have two tattoos, a question mark on my right wrist and a hyena on my right upper arm designed by Coffinberry.

I don't regret either of them which is saying something for tattoos I basically impulse-got, haha.

Why don't you have a red cardinal.
WHY SKIFT

SnowFox

I would get one, but can't really think of one I'd want forever :p Personally, as long as it's tasteful and tastefully located, I see nothing wrong with them

╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗Tattoo This On
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║Your face If
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝You Are proud
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝..╚╝To Be A Furry

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
Please tell me that's going near your genitals.

That was the official symbol for the Patriotic People's Movement in Finland. Their fascist party.

It must be placed near the source of all sisu... The BALLS.

Ley

Amour, Vida e limones.

Love, Life, and Lemons in a circle on my shoulder.

Lemons is a ref to the Spongebob episode of E.V.I.L Evil villain is lemons.

c: I'm a kid at heart.