• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tattoos - A Discussion.

Atreides

I have a Brotherhood of Steel tattoo from Fallout on my right shoulder. My god that was great game.... Arming that nuclear warhead behind the Master's back never gets old.

Also Iguana bits is people.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
My first one was the Horde Symbol on my back, my second one is a tribal Werewolf on my upper arm so no one at the office can see it.
Third one will be done in November, and I am trying to decide to get either a Buddhist lotus or something else that has some symbolism.

I'm an actor, so getting a tattoo is not advisable.

It depends where it is, how big it is, and what it is.
But yeah...not a good idea depending on what type of acting you are doing. :V

Last edited:

FireFeathers

Mr. Red Flag
I have two tattoos; One is a phoenix on the inside of my right ankle that I designed when i was 19, I've always felt pretty dragged down and torn apart, that the life i had before I started living on my own and doing what I aspired was pretty shitty. That you can't make a good person out of ashes and crumbles and other artsy shit like that. On the inside of my left ankle is a dragon holding a ball that I designed when I was 21. The dragon's got two forelegs only; in chinese mythology the dragon starts out with no legs, like a worm. After 1000 years and the experience it gains from that, it grows the front set of legs. It signifies that i'm doing what i love, and the ball is the sort of everlasting goal in sight to keep improving, keep achieving. Both designs are similar to the other and mimic.

The only annoying thing is that the dragon has beefy arms. The guy that tattooed was an idiot, kept adding...beefy...shit on this dragon so yeah, it's an indirect Trogdor right now. I'll get it fixed eventually, probably when people stop knowing what Trogdor is. Also, he placed the design about an inch lower then the other leg, which I'm glad I don't have OCD, or it'd drive me nuts.

SlushPuppy

A little bit daft.
The only annoying thing is that the dragon has beefy arms. The guy that tattooed was an idiot, kept adding...beefy...shit on this dragon so yeah, it's an indirect Trogdor right now. I'll get it fixed eventually, probably when people stop knowing what Trogdor is. Also, he placed the design about an inch lower then the other leg, which I'm glad I don't have OCD, or it'd drive me nuts.

Beefy: he was probably a slightly-shitty artist, and kept trying to repair a shaky line, or he lost the stencil and doesn't know jack shit about eyeballing a design.
Placement: He aught to have allowed you to stand in a mirror to ok the placement.
:-/ Shops worth their pennies won't f' up like that.

anero

houndini logic
I have a chevron tattoo on my upper left arm, right below my shoulder and a sleeve on my right, a motif based off of the world tree yggdrasil.
I've been kicking around the idea of adding a tattoo motif on my left arm based around the straight edge X, but I don't want to be one of those self-righteous militant edgers that look retarded.
I like how both came out, but tattoos are one of the things that either look good or look fuckstupid (poor girl).

HillyRoars

Bamboozled.
I know I want one someday but I don't have a clue yet and I likely won't until I'm like 30 knowing me I have contemplated maybe a simple tiny bold Lion's paw but haven't thought where I would put it except for possibly infrount of my shoulder like in the area above the armpit where the chest and shoulder meet so I could hid it behind my shirts easily if need be.

Also my mother wants a fairy on the back of her calf in that area but she's been wanting that for forever lol she just can't find the one she wants :)

Raphael

Until Victory, Always
I want full sleeves on both arms of Pushead/Godmachine style drawings, they're going to extend to my neck, which will have "SCREAM" written across it in tight, bold, black arial font letters. And then on my hands, I'll have hammer and sickles and other very personal symbols and such throughout the tattoos. No, I won't regret it, I work factory jobs. And I also volunteer at venues to do deathmetal gigs. On top of that, I could always work in a heavy metal merch/CD store, where 70% of the store is bongs.

Littledoll

I have a tattoo of a raven on my back that I designed myself and would like more in the future. Not sure what else I want yet. C:

Rouz

Nothing New Under the Sun
I have tattoos of me on me because I like me.

Krystal Harmonia

RAIN BO DAH!
40, she looks 20 and we get mistaken for sisters a lot. Kinda weird.

Here's a better pic of my hyena tattoo:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6121207/

Yeah, my mom's 34... I was born when she was 15. She's really cool though, because she's a big nerd, just like me. And I got her to watch MLP. And she likes it.

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
I think I might get a small tattoo on my arm or something. You know, something that people wouldn't really notice unless I told them it was there. That's the best type of tattoo.

Yeah I would probably do the same. Just something small with meaning for you alone to see and enjoy. Added bonus: won't scare away potential employers.

Nargle

HOOT
40, she looks 20 and we get mistaken for sisters a lot. Kinda weird.

Here's a better pic of my hyena tattoo:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6121207/

I love this, it's so adorable =D Is it supposed to look like the drawing of Simba in The Lion King? Also, the Redwall tattoo idea is awesome. My favorite character is Russa Nodrey.

The tattoo I want to get, (not sure when I'll get it) is two paw prints, one on the top of each foot. Paw prints provided by Basil. The toes would be pointing towards my toes. I'm not sure if I should get them in black or dark green. This paw print tattoo doesn't have anything to do with furries, it's supposed to represent my love for dogs. The only other tattoo I might get is an owl, not sure where, though, or what it would look like.

Gavrill

ladies~
Simba is a lion Nargle what are you doing >:c

Nah, coffinberry just had that really awesome design so I asked her if I could get it as my first tattoo. She has that one on her right arm as well and a striped hyena on her left arm along with some personal symbols I didn't get with mine because they were, well, personal.

Basil Stag tattoo. It's gonna happen.