• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tattoos - A Discussion.

Melzi

I don't think ChaosKingX is reading this anymore, but I'd like to say to think a tattoo out fully. Especially a BATTLE AXE with the words No fate on it.. I'm guessing you're still young maybe 16-21 and you're still in highschool mode. Your genres of music change, and your oppinions change on life. when your'e 44 with kids and a wife and you're finally banging your woman that your only get to twice a month.. she'll wrap her arm around your shoulder, go to kiss your arm then start to giggle which turns into a laugh when she looks at that tattoo, which will turn into a 4 hour conversation of when you were young. While you're sitting there wondering why you didn't gait laid.

Let's bring some personal experience up in this. I have 6 tattoos. I have a half sleeve of an alien on the left arm, I got this when I was 19 thinking I was alienated from the world and this would mean something to me my whole life. ( here I'm getting married in a year with a big fuckin' alien on my arm..) I got a ANARCHY symbol near my puss when I was 17 because I loved punk and there wasn't anything I would love as much as that in my life (ohhh I was sooo wrong..). 16 - I have a tribal design on the back of my neck with a hidden H in the middle (Hellyer being my last name. I think I'll always love that one.) then the rest are little tattoos I wanted just to get. I find myself trying to hide my tattoos in pictures.. or fixing the alien to make it look better and still hating that I got it.

What I'm saying is, to you and everyone.. Some tattoos might seem really important to get, but they really aren't in the end.. they might be this year or in 5 years, but they may not down the road. Most of the time people just want tattoos to get them, and find excuses to keep them going under the gun. (ie; i'm a furry so I want a dog. I feel alienated so I want an alien. I like metal/punk rock so I'll get an anarchy symbol or battle axe)
Tattoos are now a timeline when you were a damn idiot, or possibly witty.
In the end you're probably not going to be alone in that retirement home stretching out your kitty or axe on you arm.

Krystal Harmonia

RAIN BO DAH!
One of the coolest tats I've ever seen is on on of my acting buddie's arm. He's diabetic, but instead of getting a bracelet or necklace or something, he got this awesome frickin' tattoo instead. It's got the red cross and two crossed needles on top of that, and all of the info needed inside them.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
I'm getting a tattoo before I go back to college.

Gavrill

ladies~

I agree with all of this. Beyond "personal meaning", I like simple, nice designs that can be interpreted several ways. If I change, I can always say it has a slightly different meaning. :v

Although I think getting tattoos for any sort of deep spiritual or personal belief is pretty silly unless you've absolutely dedicated your life to it. Just get a tattoo you'll enjoy having on you for a long time. |3

Gavrill

ladies~
I dunno, if I were getting something on the center of my back I'd make if facing the viewer/centered instead of something going in one direction but I'm just being nitpicky, haha.

Edit: Although mirrored cheetah ankle tattoos would be an awesome idea too.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
THIS THREAD IS NOW NARGLES.

Octa

I dunno, if I were getting something on the center of my back I'd make if facing the viewer/centered instead of something going in one direction but I'm just being nitpicky, haha.

Edit: Although mirrored cheetah ankle tattoos would be an awesome idea too.
yeah, I'm going for something that isn't readily visible. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to symmetry as well, but I'm really digging the idea of it being right there.
btw I effing love your Avi.

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
Tramp stamp. Butterfly. End of discussion.

Post discussion: I don't have a tattoo. I haven't found anything I'd like forever etched in my skin. I've thought about commissioning some tattoo line art though. But then I wouldn't know where to place it. I'm going nowhere fast.

I don't think ChaosKingX is reading this anymore, but I'd like to say to think a tattoo out fully.

First of all, I'm 23. And secondly, when I'm 44, I'll probably be working in a garage and my old lady will have her own stupid tats. I've already had time to think about my future, and being some NORP with a shallow trophy wife isn't what I want to be. Besides, I have a saying: the wreckless may not live forever, but the cautious never really live.

Grey Wolverine

The saint of Furr Affinity
One of the coolest tats I've ever seen is on on of my acting buddie's arm. He's diabetic, but instead of getting a bracelet or necklace or something, he got this awesome frickin' tattoo instead. It's got the red cross and two crossed needles on top of that, and all of the info needed inside them.

That is true genius man

Blutide

" Never Give Up "
Funny I see this thread, Wednesday I am seeing a tattoo artist to talk about one getting done this upcoming weekend.

Scatterbrain

Helter-skelter
Your bird tattoo is beautiful! Also, that's awesome that you have a Xolo 'sona. =D

Thank you! I forgot to link my back piece, as well. http://i.imgur.com/SpD9A.jpg

A friend of mine helped me pick out the Xolo for my fursona. I finally decided on that rather than a tornjak because I like furless or nearly furless animals, dogs especially. I own a Chinese crested. Don't really plan on getting a Xolo for a few years, though.