• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Taurs and nagas

VGmaster9

Are you much into both taurs and nagas? I personally am not too much of a fan of them, I prefer things having just two legs. I do know however that they have quite an appeal to many other furries, cause I've seen quite alot of nagas done by many different artists, not as much as taurs though. How about you? Are you a fan of both varieties, or rather indifferent?

jorinda

Whenever I see a species, I try to imagine how their anatomy would work.
For example, this is one of the first google results for "taur":
normal_Iridium-taur.jpg

It makes me wonder: He has a 90° bend in his spine. Does that hurt?
Where are his lungs and stomach? In the human-shaped upper part of the body? So what is inside the dog part of the body, where a normal dog has its lungs and stomach? Even more inner organs, or just nothing?
And the front legs have to carry more weight than the hind legs - shouldn't they look stronger?

This is not about this special piece of art, it's the species that makes me wonder.

I prefer species that are more elaborate - if I can imagine an anatomy that would actually work, then I can imagine this species as a living animal. If I look at something and my first thought is "this just doesn't work"... then I can't really like it, no matter how beautiful it looks.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
I just kind of assume that taurs have larger internal organs and that they're distributed differently. The spine... well it would work. There's enough curve that you could have a back bone do that, but I'd be worried about what happens if one gets kicked in the face or trips, not to mention wear over time. You'd want to have the torso pretty much on top of the forelegs, and would need some sort of 'padding' so that the spine there could absorb shocks without snapping. It'd probably look weird, but it's not impossible.

Now nagas on the other hand... How do they go to the bathroom?

All other impracticalities of their body type aside, I just cannot imagine a naga using a toilet.

Oh, and they have to 'walk' on the same surface where their genitals are. So, like, that's bad.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
Minotaus are the only acceptable taurs. The rest just look plain stupid to me, especially with the retarded anatomy that everyone seems to force on the animals they want to see with 6 limbs.

As for nagas, more naga please.

Joey

For the most part, taurs disgust me in the same way sparkledogs do. It's just tacky and another dumb thing for sweaty fat weeaboos to draw badly.

But on the flip side, I sort of like Nagas. Those are kinda cool.

Last edited:

ADF

Haven't seen many naga but I've seen some absurd taurs. I think some people want to get closer to that feral body feel, without losing human advantages like hands. But there are people who just like the idea of having lots of limbs, hence the "taur train".

Tiamat

Sex nuts and retard strong
Banned
I still dig Cheetaurs from the original Quest for Glory EGA game. I played it when I was about 8 and still play it again when I'm in the mood.

jrv91z.gif

I'd never seen anything like this, they mostly came out at night. (mostly) and were pretty bad-ass. As much as I love the many improvements
they implemented in the VGA remake, they could not get the model of the cheetaur right.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
The only 'taurs I like are Minotaurs and I like them a lot. I have less of a problem with Nagas/snakebottoms. Sometimes nagas can look pretty cool.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Taurs are meh, nagas are OK.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I like nagas. At least the way they're portrayed in games like Guild wars 2.

Calemeyr

Vere Adeptus
Taurs and Nagas are meh, at least for furry Taurs and Nagas. Non-furry versions work.

Saellyn

Nipples.
The "taurs" most people tend to draw would never work, unless they had 2 separate spinal cords.

Also, I thought this was pretty neat:
skeletaur.jpg

Saellyn

Nipples.
Whenever I see a species, I try to imagine how their anatomy would work.
For example, this is one of the first google results for "taur":
{img}
It makes me wonder: He has a 90° bend in his spine. Does that hurt?
Where are his lungs and stomach? In the human-shaped upper part of the body? So what is inside the dog part of the body, where a normal dog has its lungs and stomach? Even more inner organs, or just nothing?
And the front legs have to carry more weight than the hind legs - shouldn't they look stronger?

This is not about this special piece of art, it's the species that makes me wonder.

I prefer species that are more elaborate - if I can imagine an anatomy that would actually work, then I can imagine this species as a living animal. If I look at something and my first thought is "this just doesn't work"... then I can't really like it, no matter how beautiful it looks.

Well, there are theories out there...
anatomica_centauris_by_jackrover-d5i5jov.jpg

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Wereling

I don't really care for either in furry form but in their originally thought up form (centaurs and the snake demons ladies) cause they look a bit better in anatomy and stuff

Lewi

Centaurs yes. Minotaurs OF COURSE. Any-other-taurs, no.

Nagas I've never heard of.

Yeah, I was kind of confused by which sort of "taur" was meant in the OP. Minotaurs are kind of just anthro bulls, but centaurs are not made for this world. Can you imagine all the inconveniences being a Centaur would entail? Try putting on a pair of pants or flying on an airplane with a horse attached to your torso. Seriously, try.

Nagas are cool, and I think they're just the only way to appropriately represent an anthropomorphized snake.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Centaurs are pretty cool in that they have established mythology that I enjoy. Don't much care for turning the human half into a dog or a cat or whatever though.

RitsukaAo

*side-eyes*
Taurs are an interest to me in a "How the hell does that thing work/'live'?" It's more of a curiosity thing rather than "I think they're awesome" thing. I stumbled on some art of some tiger/lion/wolf/dragon-taurs and although it was interesting, I came across a picture of some kind of jaguar-taur giving birth and I couldn't click the "X" on my browser fast enough. I don't think they are cool or even unique/original but it fascinates me from a anatomy/biology standpoint.

Nagas are meh for me. I'm not much into things with scales so it doesn't really interest me enough to have an opinion one way or another.

Furryjones

The good thing about being an artist is being able to create things that don't necessarily make sense biologically :p But I do try to anyways