• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Taurs: Are they "real" furries?

Your opinion on taurs?

• Total voters

Littlerock

numb with cold
I'd say I was indifferent, if I wasn't sick and fucking tired of seeing non-taur copyrighted characters taur'd and fucking others of the same. That's just twisted shit.
Centuars themselves are kinda cool, says a mythology fan. They're cool like fauns and satyrs. But random furry 'taurs' are just weird sometimes.

Maisuki

The term "real furries" made me laugh a little. It's an oxymoron. This fandom is made up of countless sub-groups, which begs the question: what IS a real furry?

JadeFire

Mmm...gunpowder...
Oh, centaurs. Well, if they have fur, I guess they still count.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
I have never seen centaurs when it comes to furry shit. Just a grotesque fox with three sets of legs on a creepy elongated body.

Trogdor_24

I guess they are, but I never cared for taurs myself. Therefore I choose to be indifferent.

Valery91Thunder

Slasher Movies & Devil's Music
Why shouldn't they? Those anime-like humans with cat years made out of hair are considered furries by some, so taurs can be considered as such as well.

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
Nothing is actually furry. Just things the fandom are fans of.
Some furries do like taurs. So to those who like them they are furry.

LupineLove

It's a TRAP!
Idgaf whether or not taurs are furry. It just depends on the individual in question's sensibilities, I assume.

Bobskunk

Banned
Banned
taurs are the only real furries

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
facepalm.jpg

Taurs are just creepy.

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
a shapeshifting foxtaur.

I'm not reading any further. You included "shapeshifting" and "fox" into your fursona, it DOES NOT get any more typical furfag than that. Ever.
God, furries, why do you do this?

Also the taur niche is filled with SuperCreepers (c) who are as the name implies, super creepy. Taurs being a fringe of the fringe fandom called furry seem to collect the most insane and sickfuck furs (sort of like ho the lat dredges of a mop collects the dirt and scum). Taurs in this anaology are the dirt and scum of the furry fandom. Wallow there if you want as all furrydom is sickfuckery, but do know that you're goingdeeper into the toxic spooge than the normal "DarkStalkerMoonFox" or "Foxcocks McLickerdicks".

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I'm not reading any further. You included "shapeshifting" and "fox" into your fursona, it DOES NOT get any more typical furfag than that. Ever.
God, furries, why do you do this?

Because furries.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Vizza

Its a person.. Pretending to be an animal-esque creature with fur. Sounds pretty furry to me :p