• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tavern RP

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
This isn't like you. *takes off her hood that got soaked from leaking pipes back in the alleyway, and she was definitely a Female Rathalos*

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

- I need some action to clear my mind. - Jin growls, but still sounds a bit upset - Without guns. I wanna tear shit apart up close and personal.

The yellow Kangaroo adds, in a much lower voice :

- He's not skilled with guns, but he's a rather die-hard melee fighter, always wanting to prove himself... but he's never in the favor of the quest-givers much, due to them never believing that he could handle the job.

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
In this day and age, there's not much a melee weapon could do against a shotgun. Unless said melee weapon can do this. *the blade separates from the hilt, forming a blue rift that acts as a large shield*

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

- You mind holding that shield up ? I need to test this move.

Jin readies his Scythe-Whip and waits for the Dragon's response. The yellow Kangaroo has a pretty bad feeling about what will happen :

- Uh, you sure about that ?
- Just a move I've come up seconds ago, Kisa. I'm using my Mom's farming tool against some energy shield here, what could go wrong ?

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
*The shield goes away, as well as the blade itself vanishes. All that's left is just the hilt* Oops. It ran out of energy.

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

Jin face-palms in ultimate disappointment :

- Yes, unless "said melee weapon can... run out of energy".

He shakes his head, looking totally unimpressed :

- Guns can run out of ammo or break down, fancy technology stuffs need to recharge, yada yada yada... that's why I'm offering you guys what I can do with your melee weapons. And don't tell me you just need a lousy Combat Knife, lady. You'll at least need what my friend has there.

Jin points to the yellow Kangaroo, who is armed with a rather long silver Katana.

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
I'm guessing the constant switching of weapons caused the sword to be drained of its energy. Usually it could keep the shield up a long time and even shoot thunderstorms from it. *the hilt disappears and the Hand Cannon comes back*

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

Jin tries his best to hide his feeling of being intimidated from the fact that he's dealing with some super-advanced weapon that would probably only appear in sci-fi games or movies, and instead still keep his unimpressed look :

- Interesting... but not interested.

Kisa, the yellow Kangaroo, worries that if the Dragon "shows off" her gear more, Jin may get provoked and may seriously hurt her just to prove that he can go head-first against guns, even high-tech ones, just like all the murders he has done long before. However, Jin just shakes his head and shrugs, his tone of voice as absent-minded as ever, feeling like his self-esteem is being hurt :

- If you think that gun of yours is enough for the mission, then good, I can leave this mission right here, right now, without regret, knowing that I've wasted ebough time here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
But I always thought you loved the thrill of battle, Jinny. You seemed to hog all the bad guys before until now, so what's the deal?

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

- But I don't like the way you make me feel useless for not having fancy toys likd that one of yours, lady. Show me what else it can do, and I'll gladly leave this mission to your hands. For real, and for good.

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

Jin only stays dead-silent for a few seconds, and Kisa knows he's also dead-serious in his next words :

- ALL of 'em.

He then slashes his Scythe-Whip on the ground, making a loud crack noise to show his attitude :

- Screw technology.

Kisa worries that Jin may have a go with the Dragon, but then he just utters out :

- And screw this mission too. I'm out. Kisa, we're gettin' our @$$ outta here.

Jin then just walks off, without wasting time repeating himself. Kisa glances at the Dragon as if to say "He warned you", before leaving with Jin.

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
*she shrugs before heading back to the Raven, ignoring Jin's jerky attitude as if it never happened* Mr. Raven?!

Pillownose

*a wolf barges into the room with a crazed look on his face and holding a spork* "I demand a pickle! Someone give me a pickle!" *waves spork around* "I have a spork don't make me you it!"

Osrik

The wolf finds the bar empty, the action seeming to have moved elsewhere...

(To everyone else: I don't think I am really in any shape to DM tonight, I just got back from New York city and I am really drained. The next part will be a boat chase/combat, so it will take a bit of effort on by end.

I am pretty sure that I will not be available tomorrow either, but I should be available on Friday. Sorry for the postponement and further delay.)

Last edited:

Osrik

(So, I was busy with moving and graduating last week, and completely forgot about this thread... would people want to finish it, or should I just throw on a quick epilogue)

Osrik

(Okay, i think i will call it over then, we got to a decent place to stop anyway, everyone made it to the safe house)

Osrik

(I think I will just wrap this specific story up, as we seem to have lost most of the players, but we can do more RP in this setting or with these characters in the future if people enjoyed this)

Epilogue:

After their preparations, the boat trip to the castle proved mostly uneventful. The Order had sent a decoy ship upriver; which it seemed most of the patrols followed before the real ship left the safe-house, all lights off to avoid detection. After some tense moments slipping out of the harbor, they found the rest of the way clear of other traffic, and soon the lights of the castle were visible in the distance.

Departing the patrol boat, the castle towered over the group, light streaming from the windows of its great hall, and shinning off its partially ruined outer turrets. Armed canines, dressed in the uniforms of the Order, approached the party, and after some quick words with Osrik, took the device and documents he had been carrying and rushed them inside.

Turning to the others, Osrik addresses them "Well, this is where we likely part ways. I thank you for the assistance you provided; you have helped to turn a potential disaster for the Order into a major victory, now that the codes are secure.”

In the morning, one of our men will transport you back to the city… or further from it if you wish… though any of you would be welcome into the order if you desire to join and fight for freedom. Even if you choose to leave, the Order may have work for you in the future. But tonight, we will celebrate our victory.”

Azrion/Zhalo

The Felynes have arisen!
Victory? How important was that object exactly if just bringing it here was enough to celebrate victory? *She tilts her head in confusion*

Osrik

"We are celebrating a victory within our struggle, not the final victory. The object is a code-breaking device, and it is essential for decryption of their coded communications.

With it and those documents, we will be able to closely follow all of their movements, anticipate their ambushes, and prepare ambushes of our own against them. Even if they change their codes, it should only be a matter of hours before we can crack the new ones by employing this device. Thus, this represents a major step towards their final defeat."

Osrik

"Well, you are not the only one to whom Mortem is mysterious... even we know little of their full aims or intent, but we have reason to suspect they are not in the best interests of our country or its people.

Besides their covert infiltration of the government, they have transformed the country into a police state, using the soldiers that we met earlier. Further, we have found evidence that other nearby countries have been infiltrated or controlled by them in the past, usually shortly before a catastrophic war or disaster tore the country apart... so we wish to depose them before such an event happens here, as well as to restore our freedom."