• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Technical question

TheFurryGM

of misadventures
Hey, I'm new-ish to the fandom, and my sister was creating what I'm going to dub as a fernsona. It was a completely plant based OC, and I was wondering what that would make her. I know there's several terms to go by, such as furry, scalie, etc. so what would a plant based anthro go by?

Derron116

Zephyris Redsnout
Hey, I'm new-ish to the fandom, and my sister was creating what I'm going to dub as a fernsona. It was a completely plant based OC, and I was wondering what that would make her. I know there's several terms to go by, such as furry, scalie, etc. so what would a plant based anthro go by?
Ooh I know! A Barkie!

S

ShyFox

Welcome to this fandom! I do hope it will be everything you are looking for. Perhaps you were not looking for as technical of an answer as I am about to offer, but using definitions, I have my thoughts. I would likely say that the most accurate term to describe yourself would indeed be a furry. Whilst the fandom itself cannot agree on the precise definition of that word, it generally appears to surround the affinity for anthropomorphism; specifically within animals. Your fursona is a ferret/plant with human attributes, which makes it anthropomorphic, given the definition of anthropomorphism.
  1. the attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal, or object.

Oblique Lynx

The nationalist conservative lynx
Banned
Welcome to this fandom! I do hope it will be everything you are looking for. Perhaps you were not looking for as technical of an answer as I am about to offer, but using definitions, I have my thoughts. I would likely say that the most accurate term to describe yourself would indeed be a furry. Whilst the fandom itself cannot agree on the precise definition of that word, it generally appears to surround the affinity for anthropomorphism; specifically within animals. Your fursona is a ferret/plant with human attributes, which makes it anthropomorphic, given the definition of anthropomorphism.
  1. the attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal, or object.
Plants aren't furries. The proper term is Photosies

TheFurryGM

of misadventures
Oh I am very much aware that my ferret/plant is a furry, and thanks for the welcoming! :)

I was asking about my sister's oc which is straight up an anthro plant lol.

I

Infrarednexus

I do recall knowing someone who had a pomegranate as a fursona.

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
I do recall knowing someone who had a pomegranate as a fursona.
hqdefault.jpg

#BanFruit

S

ShyFox

Oh I am very much aware that my ferret/plant is a furry, and thanks for the welcoming! :)

I was asking about my sister's oc which is straight up an anthro plant lol.

My bad! In that case, does she like anthropomorphic animals? If she does, I would perhaps argue that she is indeed a furry. Ha!

TheFurryGM

of misadventures
My bad! In that case, does she like anthropomorphic animals? If she does, I would perhaps argue that she is indeed a furry. Ha!
No worries at all! She kinda likes em, but her preference definitely leans towards plant/human hybrids atm