• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Teenagers shoot jogging baseball player "because they were bored"

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Back in my day, when I was bored, I played Axelay. I blew alien brains out in a spaceship. Not human brains...in real life. Kids these days. :I

You want to know what kids did in older days?

You probably don't lol.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
They are also being charged with first degree murder, a third teenager is being charged as beeing an "accessory to murder" as well. They are charging them as adults, not as kids. So depending on the sentences their lifes are essentially over. They go to jail, get back out and then they are pretty much doomed to fail in our society. Awesome! One guy dead, four lifes ruined in total! Neat.
If the kids didn't want their lives ruined they probably should have thought about the repercussions before they shot the guy?? I can hardly feel remorse for them in that regard.

And then there is another thing I find weird, but this is about the american media system...
No american news sites show their photos. You know, like they usually do in every other murder case. But the australian news sites (the baseball player was australian) DO show their faces.

The two teens who are being charged with murder are black. Why is it that when Zimmermann shot Martin his face was all over the internet but no one shows photos of these kids even though they admitted that they shot someone because they were bored?
I just find this interesting because it tells me that America still has some things to learn when it comes to racism. That for some reason this still is a hot topic even though it really shouldn't be.
It really doesn't have much to do with racism. If I'm not mistaken, the police/media aren't allowed to release photos of minors even if they murder someone. At least not initially. Zimmerman was a lot older than these boys.

Aleu

Deuces
So by your own admission you expect some criminals [I'm aware not these specific ones] to die because of a moral view you aren't sure is right or wrong?
Oh look. Twisting my words around again as usual.
I agree with capital punishment because I believe in paying back wrong-doings. You take a human life, you shouldn't have your own.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Oh look. Twisting my words around again as usual.
I agree with capital punishment because I believe in paying back wrong-doings. You take a human life, you shouldn't have your own.

And I disagree with that because murder is always wrong. Two wrongs don't make one right.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Capital punishment is so often a case of people on the internet rabbiting on about how they want vindictive laws. Does it not occur to you that people are occasionally wrongly convicted, that there is no resulting deterrent for crimes of passion, that it costs significantly more etc etc?

I suppose it just feels really good to indulge some blood lust.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
This is why I hate America.

Right because kids in other countries haven't murdered because they were bored. :rolleyes:

Like the girl and her sibling that threw puppies in the river, because they were bored...and younger than the perps in the OP.

Aleu

Deuces
Capital punishment is so often a case of people on the internet rabbiting on about how they want vindictive laws. Does it not occur to you that people are occasionally wrongly convicted, that there is no resulting deterrent for crimes of passion, that it costs significantly more etc etc?

Right cuz it's not like appeals exist or anything.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Right cuz it's not like appeals exist or anything.

That's actually the one reason I don't like the death penalty here. China, Japan are pretty thorough and quick on the appeals. In the US appeals, and the whole process before you finally execute cost more than just giving someone life imprisonment.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
Right because kids in other countries haven't murdered because they were bored. :rolleyes:

Like the girl and her sibling that threw puppies in the river, because they were bored...and younger than the perps in the OP.

People seem to also be forgetting that most loved of Internet videos "Hammer Time!" Otherwise known as "3 Guys, 1 Hammer."

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
People seem to also be forgetting that most loved of Internet videos "Hammer Time!" Otherwise known as "3 Guys, 1 Hammer."

People are people
why should it be
you and I
Get along
so awfully?

Aleu

Deuces
That's actually the one reason I don't like the death penalty here. China, Japan are pretty thorough and quick on the appeals. In the US appeals, and the whole process before you finally execute cost more than just giving someone life imprisonment.
then they should make the appeals more thorough. Not get rid of the death penalty.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather

While people are wrongly convicted, there is a long number of appeals before the person is put to death.
I think that crimes of passion are generally treated lighter than premeditated crimes.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
That's the same hyperbole used on immigration.

"Make it more efficient"

But no one cares to truly elaborate.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
In regards to the "guns don't kill people" comments, the lack of a presence of a gun in the hands of underaged kids take the ease of that act completely out of the equation. The gun makes it exponentially easier for them to commit murder from the safety of their car, from a distance, and not giving the other guy a chance to fight or flee.

It's a bit harder to sneak up on a guy in broad daylight who's jogging and bludgeon them to death without effort of their part to chase him down and beat the life out of him with resistance. Remember, the victim was an athlete.
You have a point there, too. I wanted to say something similar but wasn't sure how to word it... But still, either their families were irresponsible in not keeping the gun locked up safely, or they got it another way (maybe the black market, as was mentioned). If they did get it illegally, they're pretty much troublemakers to begin with, gun or no gun.

I don't even know what to say about the lack of remorse they had. I don't get how people can be that way...

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
we all know you dont get any sort of fair judicial appeal in china. dont be facetious.

Punishment? Long prison sentence, try to reform, if reformation does not succed, they have to stay in prison. (Or in other words, Lifelong with the chance for parole after X years if they reform)
That's what an enlightened* democracy should do in my opinion, but i'm not naiev enough to think that that is what will be done.

*Why the heck does the english word for this philosphic-scientific age sound so religious?!
Capital punishment isn't murder. Please don't twist this into bleeding heart bullshit.
Then change "murder" to "killing for anything but defense". Do you still disagree?

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
After the Trayvon Martian ruling, I gave up on this country. Murder is okay, and make it racist America. Stay Classy.

I don't mean to respond so short on this post, but honestly god fucking damn it.

* pours a little more whiskey *

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Really? Because no one goes to jail for murder or hate crimes anymore because of one over publicised case?

Kosdu

I just learned about this. This kid was shot dead here in Oklahoma, I don't know Duncan myself but I hear it is a small town.

Appearently this really fucks with my sister since her friend Alec was shot dead down in Lawton, our town, just a year ago...

These kids, for who knows what reason, did something they can never take back. They took their own lives away the same moment they shot that person. I wish the man had not been shot, but why kill these kids too?

If you kill them you are every bit the murderer they are, no matter how you do it. Maybe they will come to in later years, one can only hope. One can only hope.....

This will pass in time as have so many other things, but the only difference between this and the daily fact of life in many places is the age of those involved.

For fuck's sake, we gotta realize this shit isn't that uncommon, sadly.

Last edited:

Aleu

Deuces
I just learned about this. This kid was shot dead here in Oklahoma, I don't know Duncan myself but I hear it is a small town.

Appearently this really fucks with my sister since her friend Alec was shot dead down in Lawton, our town, just a year ago...

These kids, for who knows what reason, did something they can never take back. They took their own lives away the same moment they shot that person. I wish the man had not been shot, but why kill these kids too?

If you kill them you are every bit the murderer they are, no matter how you do it. Maybe they will come to in later years, one can only hope. One can only hope.....

This will pass in time as have so many other things, but the only difference between this and the daily fact of life in many places is the age of those involved.

For fuck's sake, we gotta realize this shit isn't that uncommon, sadly.
....pretty sure by law given that they are minors they are not fit for the death penalty

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned

We're talking about this particular case,Fallow, what's there to be wrongly convicted about here? Seems pretty clear to me.
I, particularly, never stated that they should receive capital punishment. What I feel is right is that they don't get released back into society.

....pretty sure by law given that they are minors they are not fit for the death penalty
They're going to be tried as adults though, right?
At the very least there is the possibility of life sentencing, correct? I certainly hope so!