• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Teenagers shoot jogging baseball player "because they were bored"

Aleu

Deuces
They're going to be tried as adults though, right?
At the very least there is the possibility of life sentencing, correct? I certainly hope so!
That is the possibility I believe.
If they gave no fucks as what sources said then I don't care if they spend it in a prison or a mental institution, just keep them out of society.

Kahoku

Forgive Yourself
Really? Because no one goes to jail for murder or hate crimes anymore because of one over publicised case?

Happens all the time here in philly. Happened to my next door neighbor's kid, their son was shot for wearing a hoodie. Where was his tv case? He was coming back from night school, and was checking his phone.

One case? no, real world? Yeah.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Either that or a black market, most likely.

Why it gotta be a BLACK market? You racist or something? Why not a white market, or is it because white markets only sell locally-grown produce?

:V

Edit:
And because I notice this thread suddenly became a discussion on rehabilitation:
I would like to mention that I have actually read stories of prisoners who had committed muder when they were young who, now in their middle years, feel bad for what they did and are reformed, and are model prisoners.
The thing is, these kids are just that, kids. That means their brains are not working right and their maturity is non-existant. That doesn't mean that 20 years from now they'll finally have mature brains and think "What the fuck was my younger self thinking?"
I'm not excusing the bullshit thing they did now, but I would at least give them a CHANCE for parole in 20-25 years, because they are children. Once that time comes, see if they're still cold-blooded assholes, or maybe better people. Then make the decision to release them or hold them.
If they're no longer a danger to society, there's no reason to keep one more person in our already expensive and over-crowded system.

It might be interesting to note that I once got to talk to a guy who killed two people in a drive-by due to a love feud. He had nothing to do with the love conflict but was just "helpin a brotha out". He honestly felt horrible for what he had done and was filled with nothing but contempt for his behavior. He actually agreed he deserved to be locked up for life.

That being said I also knew of a gang member who tried to kill a random person and didn't give a single fuck. Just had no respect for life whatsoever. Fucking Detroit.

It really depends on the person.

Last edited:

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather
Why it gotta be a BLACK market? You racist or something? Why not a white market, or is it because white markets only sell locally-grown produce?

:V
Though it is the mexicans that grow the produce.

You do realize that other words to explain different instances exist right?
Yeah,
murder -> ending of live, strongly negative judgement
killing -> ending of live, no inherent judgement
Or what description would YOU prefer for this instance?

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Happens all the time here in philly. Happened to my next door neighbor's kid, their son was shot for wearing a hoodie. Where was his tv case? He was coming back from night school, and was checking his phone.

One case? no, real world? Yeah.

How is this one case of your "next door neighbor's kid" all the fucking time? WTF is with furries with horrible math fallacies?

There are many cases where people go to jail for being racist and those who are also committed for murder. I'm sorry but I hate sad sack shit of logic trainwrecks

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
Yeah,

How about?
REMOVE​
PURGE​
EXTERMINATE​

Last edited:

Inciatus

Yeah,
link

• First degree murder is any murder that is willful and premeditated. Felony is typically first degree.

• Second degree murder is a murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance.

• Third degree murder is a murder committed without justification or excuse.

• Voluntary manslaughter (often referred to as third degree murder), sometimes called a "Heat of Passion" murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed." Both this and second degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.

• Involuntary manslaughter stems from a lack of intention to cause death but involving an intentional, or negligent, act leading to death. A drunk driving-related death is typically involuntary manslaughter. Note that the "unintentional" element here refers to the lack of intent to bring about the death. All three crimes above feature an intent to kill, whereas involuntary manslaughter is "unintentional," because the killer did not intend for a death to result from their intentional actions. If there is a presence of intention it relates only to the intent to cause a violent act which brings about the death, but not an intention to bring about the death itself.
How is this one case of your "next door neighbor's kid" all the fucking time? WTF is with furries with horrible math fallacies?

There are many cases where people go to jail for being racist and those who are also committed for murder. I'm sorry but I hate sad sack shit of logic trainwrecks
You must hate this forum and the whole of the internet something fierce then.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
How about?
REMOVE​
PURGE​
EXTERMINATE​

"I'm so sorry, but this isn't working out. I think we need some time apart. It's not me, it's you.
---Love, society"

Rilvor

Formal when angry
A bit off topic but it's just something silly I noticed...it was kinda predictable that you'd be the one to have such a stance, though. If I had to name another forum member who'd probably be on your side off the top of my head, I guess it'd be Rilvor and maaaybe Term.

You do me a disservice by taking the pretense of knowing whom I agree with.

For the record, while I agree with Fallowfox to a point, it is only to a point. If it can be proven that the murderer truly is mentally deranged, a murderous human monster, then I see no point in their continued life. I do not believe life in prison is better than death, I think it is worse.

But please, let us all continue to sit here and argue our morality and pretend any of us would have the nerve to put a child to death by our own hand. It makes for a pathetic, amusing show at least.

Edit: I wonder at you people who do not seem to grasp that life imprisonment is in itself a death sentence.

Last edited:
I just learned about this. This kid was shot dead here in Oklahoma, I don't know Duncan myself but I hear it is a small town.

Appearently this really fucks with my sister since her friend Alec was shot dead down in Lawton, our town, just a year ago...

These kids, for who knows what reason, did something they can never take back. They took their own lives away the same moment they shot that person. I wish the man had not been shot, but why kill these kids too?

If you kill them you are every bit the murderer they are, no matter how you do it. Maybe they will come to in later years, one can only hope. One can only hope.....

This will pass in time as have so many other things, but the only difference between this and the daily fact of life in many places is the age of those involved.

For fuck's sake, we gotta realize this shit isn't that uncommon, sadly.
Well, I haven't heard anything about this, even though I live in the state where this crime occured. That either proves the lack of media coverage, or that, with the recovery efforts focused on Moore, they don't have time for dealing with a murder. My family owns a gun, heck my little brother owns a 22, and we use them to protect ourselves from animals like snakes and wild dogs. Either way, I dislike people bashing on my home state.

Kosdu

Well, I haven't heard anything about this, even though I live in the state where this crime occured. That either proves the lack of media coverage, or that, with the recovery efforts focused on Moore, they don't have time for dealing with a murder. My family owns a gun, heck my little brother owns a 22, and we use them to protect ourselves from animals like snakes and wild dogs. Either way, I dislike people bashing on my home state.

Fact is murder is so common, that's probably why they aren't covering this. I don't watch the news anymore.

Oklahoma has good and bad areas, Lawton and Tulsa are pretty good, but there are stereotypical places.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public

I dunno about the whole of the internet and forum, but sometimes furries come off as the concentration of Youtube comments ;)

Volkodav

Dad****er
Looking back on people saying that rehab in the US is not completely fucking corrupt. Y'all have Dr.Oz torturing and brainwashing gays in "gay rehabs" and you have Lindsay Lohan jumping in an out of rehab and the list goes on and on.
Wave a little cash in front of America and you can do whatever the fuck you want. It's a horrible place.

PastryOfApathy

Looking back on people saying that rehab in the US is not completely fucking corrupt. Y'all have Dr.Oz torturing and brainwashing gays in "gay rehabs" and you have Lindsay Lohan jumping in an out of rehab and the list goes on and on.
Wave a little cash in front of America and you can do whatever the fuck you want. It's a horrible place.

You say that like the same shit doesn't happen everywhere else. The power of money is universal.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
You do me a disservice by taking the pretense of knowing whom I agree with.

For the record, while I agree with Fallowfox to a point, it is only to a point. If it can be proven that the murderer truly is mentally deranged, a murderous human monster, then I see no point in their continued life. I do not believe life in prison is better than death, I think it is worse.

But please, let us all continue to sit here and argue our morality and pretend any of us would have the nerve to put a child to death by our own hand. It makes for a pathetic, amusing show at least.

Edit: I wonder at you people who do not seem to grasp that life imprisonment is in itself a death sentence.
I was wondering why people seemed to be arguing that death and rehabilitation were the only two options...
I also agree that a life sentence is far worse than execution. I mean, once you're dead, that's it. No more pain, no more guilt, nothing. But in prison you have to live with what you've done. Even if they feel no remorse, they still have their freedom taken away.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
I was wondering why people seemed to be arguing that death and rehabilitation were the only two options...
I also agree that a life sentence is far worse than execution. I mean, once you're dead, that's it. No more pain, no more guilt, nothing. But in prison you have to live with what you've done. Even if they feel no remorse, they still have their freedom taken away.
Those poor, poor murdering sociopaths.
We should create a "hug a psycho" day!

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public

Well there's cases you can talk people down from murder when they're mentally unstable.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/us/georgia-school-gunshots/?hpt=hp_bn1

Granted this is before the fact, and not after. And again, it still costs way more to try to execute someone in the US than just keep them in life imprisonment. If we can't rehabilitate then I see no reason to waste more money on these people. So economically keeping them in prison for life is fine.

How about?
REMOVE​
PURGE​
EXTERMINATE​
Or in short "culling the unworthy"
link

• First degree murder is any murder that is willful and premeditated. Felony is typically first degree.

• Second degree murder is a murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance.

• Third degree murder is a murder committed without justification or excuse.

• Voluntary manslaughter (often referred to as third degree murder), sometimes called a "Heat of Passion" murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed." Both this and second degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.

• Involuntary manslaughter stems from a lack of intention to cause death but involving an intentional, or negligent, act leading to death. A drunk driving-related death is typically involuntary manslaughter. Note that the "unintentional" element here refers to the lack of intent to bring about the death. All three crimes above feature an intent to kill, whereas involuntary manslaughter is "unintentional," because the killer did not intend for a death to result from their intentional actions. If there is a presence of intention it relates only to the intent to cause a violent act which brings about the death, but not an intention to bring about the death itself.

Was using social definitions, not legal definitions... but whatever:
What are the legal definitions of ways to kill legally? Self defense I'd strongly guess (and anything pretending to be self defense), anything else?

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
What? I didn't say I felt sorry for them. I'm saying if you really want to punish them, don't give them the "easy way out."

.... And again, it still costs way more to try to execute someone in the US than just keep them in life imprisonment. If we can't rehabilitate then I see no reason to waste more money on these people. So economically keeping them in prison for life is fine.
Really? I thought it would have been the opposite. I guess with all the appeals and such though, that would make it cost more.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
You make it sound like their lives being ruined is a bad thing. If they have the thought process that they find enjoyment from killing they should be killed themselves, cut up, and fed to the nearest endangered carnivore.

Inciatus

You make it sound like their lives being ruined is a bad thing. If they have the thought process that they find enjoyment from killing they should be killed themselves, cut up, and fed to the nearest endangered carnivore.
There are people like that. It's called vore fetish.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public

Aleu

Deuces
Was using social definitions, not legal definitions... but whatever:
What are the legal definitions of ways to kill legally? Self defense I'd strongly guess (and anything pretending to be self defense), anything else?
Haha "social definitions" HA.
"Social definitions" are for people who frequently appeal to emotion.
"Abortion is MURDER"
"Meat is MURDER"
BAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Legal killing is either self defense (no not anything pretending to be self defense) and execution.
Personally I think suicide and euthanasia should be added but whatever
Is this the end of your pointless questionnaire? Or do you have more?