• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Teeny handpaws and feetpaws

I was wondering if any of the experienced builders on here would know how to achieve a very form fitting style of hand and foot paws.

Examples of smaller hands

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE...__cheetah__by_tentaclelovegoddess-d6ggl51.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/218/f/0/melanistic_cheetah_paws_by_chikkennoodul-d6gxvr4.png
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/295/1/6/alien_cat_handpaws_by_chikkennoodul-d5ilr2f.jpg

examples of tiny feet

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/174/0/b/fursuit_sock_paws_by_dexterouszombie-d6aefc3.jpg

My character is a cheetah, who have very tiny feet. I love the toony large look on other suits, but I want my semi-partial (footpaws, hand paws, headband ears and tail) to fit me as a person and look pretty natural. I'm a really slim girl- which doesn't help.

I would like to work with DF shaggy furs, which I have heard shave down well.

Thanks in advance for any help I hopefully get!

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
You are going to need someone who is accustomed to working based off of a physical hand-trace instead of generic hand paws. As for feet, gonna need someone who does bare minimum when putting the actual feet together. I know myself, I can do fairly form fitting hand paws, and I now work with someone who can do really small style feet. But, I can't make any offers unless I know what kind of dead-line you have or what your time frame is. If interested note me.

Oh! Thanks so much for your response. I'm actually trying to make these myself- I saw on the description that here was where to ask tips on making our own suits? These are my first feet paws though, so I am doing a load of research, and now I'm just at the stage where I'm asking for tips/advice on getting the style down that I want.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
For the feet, don't use shoes. Use socks. First create a duct-tape-dummy of your feet. Pull a sock over them and add desired foaming. Then make a tape pattern over this. The final piece is the fur being attached to the sock. You'll have to add something on the bottom of the feet for sure though.

For the feet, don't use shoes. Use socks. First create a duct-tape-dummy of your feet. Pull a sock over them and add desired foaming. Then make a tape pattern over this. The final piece is the fur being attached to the sock. You'll have to add something on the bottom of the feet for sure though.

I'd rather avoid using playmatt or anything for the bottom, because I want these to be primarily outdoor accessories. I think it adds bulk and wears down quicker imo. :/ While I would get the smallest foot out of a sock paw pattern, I wouldn't be able to really use it if I wasn't going inside or light outdoors.

Is there any /real/ drawback to using the sole of the shoe as such? If the toes were padded underneath in a way that they wouldn't have ground/fur contact?

With that said If I have leftover fabric I would like to make sock paws as well, but yeah- I really need that outdoor functionality and lasting power for my first pair.

Sorry to be resistant to your idea, but from what I have researched, sock paws are primarily for inside, while most outside paws use thick playmats for soles?

Rhee

you can use water shoes which are usually less bulky and still have that grip, or dance flats. pick a smaller shoe?

remember when you make the hand outline to add an inch to each finger or so, I recently did mine with half and inch and they turned out super tight since fur fabric isn't all that stretchy. /may want to look into getting actual glove patterns too

Bladespark

When I first started doing hands I bought a pair of gloves that fit my hands super snugly and took them apart to get a pattern. The method where you just trace your hand is never going to fit as perfectly as it could, since hands aren't actually flat.

Thanks guys! I think I will look into those water shoes perhaps for the feet paws (great idea and no laces!) And definitely getting a glove pattern. :) You all have been so helpful!