• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Telegram

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
For one thing, there are no file size restrictions, so sharing WIPs and even finished pieces with a client is much easier than other platforms can be.

It's also convenient for the people hiring the artist as they can provide large reference sheets and images very easily.

powderhound

The joke is that telegram is used predominantly by furries and terrorists...

Telegram has become a powerful social networking tool because, more or less, every socially active furry has one. It has become a furry telephone book of sorts. Just by knowing somebody's name you can reach out and talk to them. The interface is fantastic. You can store your conversations in perpetuity. When you go to conventions and you connect with people and take pictures with them and share them, that can be stored forever. It also has a lot of security features and encryption features if you want to share sensitive material and retain control of it.

Even normies that can't stand the thought of having another social media app... After convincing them to install it they were converted. I even got my parents on it now.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
The joke is that telegram is used predominantly by furries and terrorists...

Telegram has become a powerful social networking tool because, more or less, every socially active furry has one. It has become a furry telephone book of sorts. Just by knowing somebody's name you can reach out and talk to them. The interface is fantastic. You can store your conversations in perpetuity. When you go to conventions and you connect with people and take pictures with them and share them, that can be stored forever. It also has a lot of security features and encryption features if you want to share sensitive material and retain control of it.

Even normies that can't stand the thought of having another social media app... After convincing them to install it they were converted. I even got my parents on it now.
How is it different from Discord? I'm honestly asking. I have Telegram and use it to talk to 1 person who doesn't use Discord. And so far, it seems more limited and less user-friendly than Discord. I do like the sticker packs a lot. But maybe I'm just not using Telegram to its full potential.

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
How is it different from Discord? I'm honestly asking. I have Telegram and use it to talk to 1 person who doesn't use Discord. And so far, it seems more limited and less user-friendly than Discord. I do like the sticker packs a lot. But maybe I'm just not using Telegram to its full potential.
One thing you can always do is just save any stickers you like off Telegram as images and upload them on Discord like normal.

A bit more cumbersome but if you're on the fence and you like having stickers it's a solid option, in my opinion. Many good furs might know how much I use my stickers outside of Telegram. :p

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
I have both Discord and Telegram. I am in a number of Telegram chats for specific artists, as a way to keep up with what art they're working on, or announcements about available commission spots or YCHs. I'm also in a few general Furry chats, though I really don't participate often enough to form friendships, it's fun to just have others in the fandom to casually chat with.

Discord, for me, is a little more specialized. I've been involved in roleplay groups in Second Life that use Discord as a way of sharing information about the roleplay, lore, upcoming events, and OOC chat stuff. These are people I regularly interact with ICly and OOCly so it's a good way to keep in touch with them.

I don't think one is necessarily better than the other.

perkele

Bad Faith Argument
Because it's less of a chat client than a vehicle for spreading animated gifs of your characters with great ease.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I prefer discord for organization. Telegram was just one of those things I was asked to download all of twice in my life and that was it. Don't get messages, don't send things to people, don't have any other reason to have it except to help moderate. I hate the fact that it needs my phone number to use.

Zippy!

Certified Bean
I enjoy both, but more prefer chatting on Discord since it can be more organized and controlled.

Also, if someone hasn't mentioned already, a conversation in a furry telegram chatroom can be 2/3 sticker posting. I'm not always in that kind of mood. XD

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Telegram can essentially be summarized into one thing:
Blep.jpg

Stickers. Lots and lots of stickers.

usman2k_us

Well I had joined yiff on discord but after a minute I have been banned just because of one spamming item just to testify now there is no unban procedure followed

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
I enjoy both, but more prefer chatting on Discord since it can be more organized and controlled.

Also, if someone hasn't mentioned already, a conversation in a furry telegram chatroom can be 2/3 sticker posting. I'm not always in that kind of mood. XD
image2-1.png