• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Telling my parents

S

Sergei Sóhomo

So what I'm reading is a person who doesn't want to give up but also doesn't have the courage to complete his goal?

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Pineapplez, you don't deserve to be happy if you can't solve your problems. Especially since your "problem" is not a problem at all and you are only perpetuating your own self-loathing with your actions. Your fear is irrational and stupid. The day you realize that and take your life into your own hands your life will be easier.

If you do not understand the concept of brotherhood you should not be here (this is a community). I especially don't think it was particularly appropriate for to respond that way to someone trying to encourage you. And maybe just maybe if you had a sibling you would better understand to talk to someone instead of chickening out.

Any inkling of sympathy I had for you is gone. Have fun hating yourself.

Lyar bringing the forest fires in here aw shit son

Here's my 2 cents...this is what being a teenager is like. It's extreme emotions wrapped up with a good healthy dose of WTF?!?.

And for telling your parents, think of it as ripping off a bandaid or jumping into a cold pool. Just Do It!! Get it over with!! That's the only way to get all of this out of your head. Your parents only want the best for you (I know it doesn't always feel that way, but they do, trust me.) So, time to man up, and just tell them. Period.

The rest of what your feeling (no time due to projects, no time for the fun stuff you want to do), is total human nature. So, get used to it, cause it really doesn't get any better in adulthood, except that you are the one making the rules. But then you have to try & listen to yourself.

Sorry, but you sound like a whiny little bitch. Okami calls everybody brother, cause he sees everyone as a fellow human being. He wasnt literally calling you his brother. You have no idea how precious a sibling relationship can be. I have 2 older brothers & my favorite one has been dead for over 10yrs. The other one wants nothing to do with me cause he is just an asshole, plain & simple. So, Ive seen it from both sides, siblings & no siblings. I can guarantee you that life is better if you have someone to share the little moments with, and your first friend is usually a sibling. I actually feel sorry for you that you never got to (and from what I can tell, def don't want to) experience that.

What would you do if your parents told you tmrw that they were having another kid (or adopting?)

The sad part that if he had of listened to the overwhelming support of "don't do it dood" he would have never gotten in this mess~

bhutrflai

Okami The Wolf is my crazy half!
The sad part that if he had of listened to the overwhelming support of "don't do it dood" he would have never gotten in this mess~
It's obviously in his head, alot. And the only way to get it out is to tell. I know from experience how much 'keeping it quiet' can harm you mentally.

And yes, there was alot of advice to not tell, but if he feels this strongly about making them aware, that's on him, not us. We just need to be supportive of his decision.

That's one of the reasons I have come around on my thinking about furries. For the most part, everyone is encouraging of each other. People ask if their idea for a fursona is stupid, and it's always a resounding NO! Every one/anthro is welcomed. This is def one of the most open-minded groups of people I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

It's obviously in his head, alot. And the only way to get it out is to tell. I know from experience how much 'keeping it quiet' can harm you mentally.

And yes, there was alot of advice to not tell, but if he feels this strongly about making them aware, that's on him, not us. We just need to be supportive of his decision.

That's one of the reasons I have come around on my thinking about furries. For the most part, everyone is encouraging of each other. People ask if their idea for a fursona is stupid, and it's always a resounding NO! Every one/anthro is welcomed. This is def one of the most open-minded groups of people I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of.

That's the problem though. Why make the thread in the first place if you're going to disregard the overwhelming masses of "no don't do it dumbass"? You've already made your mind up from the start so it's pointless to make a thread about it

Shameful_Cole

Shameful Idiot
That's the problem though. Why make the thread in the first place if you're going to disregard the overwhelming masses of "no don't do it dumbass"? You've already made your mind up from the start so it's pointless to make a thread about it
Hey, someone figured out that he was never looking for advice, but for a go ahead.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
What I saw happen was Pineapple asked his dad if he knew what a furry was. His dad said he heard about them from a bad portrayal in iZombie but also said he understood that they weren't all like that. But this wasn't good enough for Pineapple because he wanted them to have never heard of furries before, assumed his dad was lying about that understanding, and just could not forgive them for being misinformed (because obviously they have an obligation to go study the details on every little thing on TV). Pineapple has subsequently been miserable for the past week because a fairy tale ending didn't just land in his lap, and he has since been a dick to his parents in a number of ways.

Ever since that first encounter, which I said went pretty damn well, he has in no way behaved commendably. He has ignored my advice to relax and lay low and has instead chosen to make a mess out of the whole thing. He has been petty and childish, and I feel very little sympathy for him right now.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

What I saw happen was Pineapple asked his dad if he knew what a furry was. His dad said he heard about them from a bad portrayal in iZombie but also said he understood that they weren't all like that. But this wasn't good enough for Pineapple because he wanted them to have never heard of furries before, assumed his dad was lying about that understanding, and just could not forgive them for being misinformed (because obviously they have an obligation to go study the details on every little thing on TV). Pineapple has subsequently been miserable for the past week because a fairy tale ending didn't just land in his lap, and he has since been a dick to his parents in a number of ways.

Ever since that first encounter, which I said went pretty damn well, he has in no way behaved commendably. He has ignored my advice to relax and lay low and has instead chosen to make a mess out of the whole thing. He has been petty and childish, and I feel very little sympathy for him right now.

But why would you feel any sympathy to begin with?

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Well that depends on how well the fursona is written.

I apologized to them after y'all talked me down from my rage.

but anyway, considering it's been a month and I'm still too scared to talk to them about it, you guys are probably right.

Now I just need to wrack up the courage to actually drink the bleach.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

but anyway, considering it's been a month and I'm still too scared to talk to them about it, you guys are probably right.

Have fun with that mate

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

T

TeslaSkunk

Okay im sorry in advance, but you can't say stuff like that after how everyone has tried to help you and give you the best advice in their view.

Its fair to say that you are your own worst enemy in regards to all this, and I'm afraid to say putting on the defensive "I hate everyone" rage stance is not helping peoples perceptions and respect.

I have steered clear of this thread for that very reason, despite wanting to give my advice and views on the situation.

All i wish is that you find what you are looking for, and soon.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Okay im sorry in advance, but you can't say stuff like that after how everyone has tried to help you and give you the best advice in their view.

Its fair to say that you are your own worst enemy in regards to all this, and I'm afraid to say putting on the defensive "I hate everyone" rage stance is not helping peoples perceptions and respect.

I have steered clear of this thread for that very reason, despite wanting to give my advice and views on the situation.

All i wish is that you find what you are looking for, and soon.
Eh. You have a point. I might as well stop doting around it and work on that halloween review. That'll take my mind offa the furry problem for awhile.

(It's alpha and omega 4) Well fuck me sideways with a cat/dragon/troll dildo.

Shameful_Cole

Shameful Idiot
If it's making you have a mental breakdown then you should take a step back from it. Nothing is forcing you to be a furry. My advice? Get ready for school next week, and when it starts, look for interests there. I was quiet and not athletic and I was still able to find something in my teeny tiny school. Do that, and hopefully you'll look back in a few months and feel silly.
I have to go back to the advice almost 2 months ago.

You're not confident if it's making you have a mental breakdown. Don't let this interest take away from the rest of your life, which if it's making you have a mental breakdown it will. You will not look back at something you tried in school and feel stupid because you tried it, but you will feel stupid about letting furry fandom letting you have a mental breakdown.
And you said...

It's not taking away from the rest of my life, it's that I literally have nothing to do right now besides be furry.
Will you admit that you've let it take away from other parts of your life yet? Your relationship with your parents? Your "relationships" with people here, at FAF?
I know there are people here trying to encourage you, but it's time to step back from the fandom. You're in school now; you have no excuse to not go and look for other interests. All this stuff will be waiting later if you want to try again, only with some different faces. I tell all the kids that became a furry because of "KBz | Cole" the same thing, and all of them that quit it, didn't regret it.

Thread where the quotes are from forums.furaffinity.net: [S] Pineapplez: Have Mental Breakdown.

bhutrflai

Okami The Wolf is my crazy half!
You not telling them any more is not the end of the world. If you are that into this fandom, somewhere along the line, it will come back up. So, it is really only up to you whether you continue to beat yourself up over all of this 'needing to tell them', or if you just let it ride & see what happens.

And remember, patience is a virtue.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.

And you said...

Will you admit that you've let it take away from other parts of your life yet? Your relationship with your parents? Your "relationships" with people here, at FAF?
I know there are people here trying to encourage you, but it's time to step back from the fandom. You're in school now; you have no excuse to not go and look for other interests. All this stuff will be waiting later if you want to try again, only with some different faces. I tell all the kids that became a furry because of "KBz | Cole" the same thing, and all of them that quit it, didn't regret it.

Thread where the quotes are from forums.furaffinity.net: [S] Pineapplez: Have Mental Breakdown.
But I don't want to quit being a furry.

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
S

Sergei Sóhomo

And you said...

That just sounds like a legit addiction. Holy shit

But I don't want to quit being a furry.

Dude you have a literal addiction. You need help with that because that's fucking unhealthy

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Good news!

I showed my parents my idea for a Halloween costume and they're perfectly willing to let me be sollux this year! Even if they can't get the stuff off the store, they're skilled enough to make it from scratch, which is a plus!

Oh, yeah, and I guess I told mom about the fandom and she was okay with it, I guess. (Putting emphasis on the wrong thing for comedic effect intensifies.)

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
Good news!

I showed my parents my idea for a Halloween costume and they're perfectly willing to let me be sollux this year! Even if they can't get the stuff off the store, they're skilled enough to make it from scratch, which is a plus!

Oh, yeah, and I guess I told mom about the fandom and she was okay with it, I guess. (Putting emphasis on the wrong thing for comedic effect intensifies.)
Told you it would work out. I never stopped believing you could do it.

B

BlueWorrior

Good news!

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Well there we go. Some tangible progress for you!

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
View attachment 14206
Well there we go. Some tangible progress for you!
Tangible? TANGIBLE?!

I did it! I actually told her! It turns out that when she and dad met, he used to write her furry fanfictions, and I guess they sorta had cat and wolf fursonas or something. In space. Also dad's a weeaboo ^o^.

B

BlueWorrior

Tangible? TANGIBLE?!

I did it! I actually told her! It turns out that when she and dad met, he used to write her furry fanfictions, and I guess they sorta had cat and wolf fursonas or something. In space. Also dad's a weeaboo ^o^.
Apparently I severely understated your post. You're right, That's way better than tangible, that's like you actually did it and now you know your parent's were like that. I mean that's a pretty damn good result!