• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Telling my parents

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
Tangible? TANGIBLE?!

I did it! I actually told her! It turns out that when she and dad met, he used to write her furry fanfictions, and I guess they sorta had cat and wolf fursonas or something. In space. Also dad's a weeaboo ^o^.
so you've been freaking out the last month over nothing? that's kind of funny to me. Now I want to know which was the cat, and which was the wolf. lol But congratulations, think they'll take you to Furfest now?

Last edited:

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
so you've been freaking out the last month over nothing? that's kind of funny to me. Now I want to know which was the cat, and which was the wolf. lol But congratulations, think they'll take you to Furfest now?
Dad was the wolf. Mom was the cat. I mean, I have swim going in in December, so it might take all my convincing skills, but they might. That is, if I ever tell dad. But let's not panic about that. I did what I wanted to do, and that's enough for now.

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
Dad was the wolf. Mom was the cat. I mean, I have swim going in in December, so it might take all my convincing skills, but they might. That is, if I ever tell dad. But let's not panic about that. I did what I wanted to do, and that's enough for now.
if he used to be part of the fandom, I wouldn't worry about his reaction. Good luck, maybe i'll see you there.

Tangible? TANGIBLE?!

I did it! I actually told her! It turns out that when she and dad met, he used to write her furry fanfictions, and I guess they sorta had cat and wolf fursonas or something. In space. Also dad's a weeaboo ^o^.
My God, I was actually right. Your parents are or at least were furries at some point. That's the best news you could've received! YAY! (Insert "YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE" meme here)

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Good news!

I showed my parents my idea for a Halloween costume and they're perfectly willing to let me be sollux this year! Even if they can't get the stuff off the store, they're skilled enough to make it from scratch, which is a plus!

Oh, yeah, and I guess I told mom about the fandom and she was okay with it, I guess. (Putting emphasis on the wrong thing for comedic effect intensifies.)

The bloody hell is a sollux?

Tangible? TANGIBLE?!

This is honestly really sad to me

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
No offense, but in the time it took you to write that post, you could have searched for it yourself. Anyways, you'll have to look for yourself, I have never heard anything about sollux so I can't really explain.
Sollux is one of twenty four trolls in Homestuck. He's a sorta hacker guy who's also a psionic.
Yup. He may not have known, but he was one. That's the way most furries were, many just find out instead of never knowing.

By the way, do you know if the characters were feral or anthropomorphic? If they were feral, he still would have been a furry, just less of one.
Anthros. In space.

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

Good news!

I showed my parents my idea for a Halloween costume and they're perfectly willing to let me be sollux this year! Even if they can't get the stuff off the store, they're skilled enough to make it from scratch, which is a plus!

Oh, yeah, and I guess I told mom about the fandom and she was okay with it, I guess. (Putting emphasis on the wrong thing for comedic effect intensifies.)

get

T

TeslaSkunk

Honestly I'm very surprised by how it's turned out for you, but do realise that you are lucky to have parents who once had these interests.

As long as you got what you wanted, that's all that matters.

Well done x

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Addiction is addiction and it ruins your life regardless
Eh, Sergei's got a point there. I keep trying to tell my teachers to just let me keep the Chromebook under my desk. Taking it away doesn't help end my addiction to it at all. But nope! No one listened and now I'm in a shitty mood.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Eh, Sergei's got a point there. I keep trying to tell my teachers to just let me keep the Chromebook under my desk. Taking it away doesn't help end my addiction to it at all. But nope! No one listened and now I'm in a shitty mood.

I highly suggest working on helping with addictions. Material addictions are a little easier to break luckily.

But medication addictions and dependance fucking suck and I'm talking from experience

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
I highly suggest working on helping with addictions. Material addictions are a little easier to break luckily.

But medication addictions and dependance fucking suck and I'm talking from experience
I know, but it taking it away hasn't worked for two years, and I highly doubt it will work this time. Just a hunch.

Shameful_Cole

Shameful Idiot
Just take notes the good ol' fashioned way, with a pencil/pen and a piece of notebook paper. I still do that and I'm in college where they let us use laptops and such. Regardless of addiction or otherwise, you need to pay attention in class (Have I made it clear that I think school is important yet? I'm not sure I have ;v). Either way pencil/paper note taking will keep you from doing anything you probably shouldn't be doing in class (or at least you'll doodle and "listen").