• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

TF2?

HEAVY WEAPONS GUY!

Volug

Originality at its finest
I just bought the game again when it was on sale. I forgot the pass to my old steam account that I had almost a year and a half ago, that I stopped using due to school. I'm liking it, depends on the people you play with though.

gdzeek

Not to be takin Seriously
Isnt their a furry designated server on TF2?

I havent played it yet, but it seems to have a humorous side to it.

"somebody touched Sasha... WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!!!!!!!!!!"

Witchiebunny

A bunny who is Witchie
There are several Furry-oriented servers, the largest of which (which I may be wrong about) is The Furry Pound.

Firehazard

I can fix it!
I don't know why it's a huge draw for furries in particular, but I can tell you what people like about it. One is the fact that it's so different from traditional shootin' games. It's divided into nine classes, each with its own distinct play style, and designed to balance the others out. So as long as you can find one or two you're good at, you can do well at the game. And because it's mission-based, even if you're prone to getting killed a lot, you can still be a credit to your team. Another big thing is that they made every class into a distinctive character with their own appearance, voice and personality, and have been gradually fleshing them out even more over time through updates and tie-in videos on their website. Then there's the style of the game itself. Rather than copy the grim, gritty, "realistic" style of other shooters, they went for a goofy, almost cartoony style, both in gameplay and design. Everything about it is meant to invoke the idea that this is just a game; it's not serious business; we're all just here to have some fun.

Tell you what, the best way to see what's special about the game is to watch some of the "Meet the Team" videos. I recommend the Demoman and Engineer ones first.

sirbacon

Its always fun to get my mentalgen on and back stab a few hundred snipers. Then turn around and ruin a medic and a heavy's day. :D

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
- FAF generally likes Mass Effect.
- FAF generally likes Halo
- FAF generally likes Assassin's Creed
- FAF generally likes TF2

I have come to the conclusion that FAF is horrible. But I already knew that.

DeadHorus

Hipster Doofus
Are we debating on the quality of a game that's 3 YEARS OLD?

Christ half the fun of TF2 is it's deliberate over the top nes. I guess the reason we are discussing it's quality now is because it never ceases to cause undue fits of laughter and rage.

Pine

smell-good badger
It's a fun game that everybody on the internet knows about but it seems that local people have no idea what it is. The fan base is very distributed and it's also easy for noobs to get used to. I mostly love the humiliation though, such as using a distracting spray to snipe/backstab somebody or dominating with a medic.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
It's a lot of fun and the art direction was a great idea. Graphics keep getting better, but they allowed themselves a style that ages quite well. The many classes keep the game from getting stale.
- FAF generally likes Mass Effect.
- FAF generally likes Halo
- FAF generally likes Assassin's Creed
- FAF generally likes TF2

I have come to the conclusion that FAF is horrible. But I already knew that.

You could have just said FAF likes fun and been done with it.

Last edited:

Thallis

God Thinks You're an Idiot
It's an incredibly fun and well balanced game with with enough difference in classes to keep you interested, but not too many to take away from the balance of the game.

RainLyre

Devilishly handsome
OP IS SPY!

Incidentally, what's your preferred class?
I like playing medic because I get to make a difference and support my team without going on the offense. I suck at offense. I also get to ride the tail of other players up the ranks.

Last edited:

DeadHorus

Hipster Doofus
Incidentally, what's your preferred class?
I like playing medic because I get to make a difference and support my team without going on the offense. I suck at offense. I also get to ride the tail of other players up the ranks.

I tend to like Spy because its so damned satisfying when you backstab someone.

I love getting 2 points for backstabs too. But one other thing is how useful a Spy is when the other team likes to practice "Engie Fortress"

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
I want a golden wrench. I don't even know why, I hardly ever play engineer.

Did anyone here get one?

DeadHorus

Hipster Doofus
I want a golden wrench. I don't even know why, I hardly ever play engineer.

Did anyone here get one?

Since only 100 Wrenches are available I highly doubt one dwells on a Furry Server. Plus you shouldn't really consider it a blessing. Since all their steamtags are posted on one page its likely a lot of them are going to be attacked by hackers

Though I have to admit, Valve knows how to hype the shit out of inconsequential things like a Golden Wrench

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
Since only 100 Wrenches are available I highly doubt one dwells on a Furry Server. Plus you shouldn't really consider it a blessing. Since all their steamtags are posted on one page its likely a lot of them are going to be attacked by hackers

Though I have to admit, Valve knows how to hype the shit out of inconsequential things like a Golden Wrench

I don't play on any furry servers. I usually hang out on the STNO server, if anything.

mystery_penguin

Redline Movie Fanatic
Ohmahgawd engi update

I want moar australium

Congratz to the wrench-finders