• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thank You, Awesome Admins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

I don't post often, but I just wanted to say that I'm really happy to see that you guys are finally fed up with the people who are just here to bring everybody down. Thank you for closing threads that are just people trolling. thank you for silencing the people who are just adding to the nastiness, here and on the chat. Thank you for finally deciding to put more of a focus on keeping peoples' behavior in line, and making this a more enjoyable experience here.

The internet and Furry fandom is just supposed to be something silly to waste some free time enjoyably. Letting people run around being jerks and then acting like their civil rights are being threatened when you try to make them play nice is just silly. If people are having fun and being cool to eachother, this place is great. If someone wants to just make sure everyone else as miserable as they are, they should get a time out, and if they just can't manage to play nice, they shouldn't be allowed in the sandbox with the kids who are being good.

People like Nobuyuki and those others who are all "internet:serious business" whenever someone's upset at having people be nasty to them, but then are "oh noes my freedom of speech is stolen!!1!" whenever anyone tries to reign in the general crappiness really just make me wanna spit :

The internet ISN'T serious. Neither is Furry, or an art community. It's entertainment. If someone is making things where they aren't entertaining, they are getting in the way of what all this stuff is for. And kicking someone out of a game when they don't want to play by the rules is NOT a civil rights issue.

Get rid of the kids who won't play nice and let the good ones who know what rules and courtesy are for have fun without them.

Swampwulf

Verbose Senior Bitch
I won't comment on the recent events.
You fine folks in Admin and Moderation are, I'm sure, handling at as wonderfully as you've handled all the other obstacles thrown in your path.

I just wanted to say:

You Guys and Gals frikkin' ROCK! ( like sharks with lasers on their heads! )

*passes around pie to everyone*

nobuyuki

The bans were lifted, as they probably should never been created in the first place. I also thank Dragoneer for eventually showing off his levelheadedness and correcting the issues that were occurring with the site during this stressful period. As you know, under enough stress everyone will take drastic measures now and then. It's only a matter of the threshold. I don't believe Dragoneer believes in the sort of atmosphere you were idealizing with the bans of people like me, so I apologize things didn't work out the way you hoped.

(hoping this thread ends up locked since it seems like it can only turn into flame baiting)

Sad really that it should come to this, after all that preyfar and the team have done to bring everyone into the community. It's a crying shame that it took two days and two admins to tear up the excruiciatingly laid work of such a fine team.

Anyways I digress, yes nobu I think you're right in this situation, anyone that can think outside of the box and critically attack ideas is healthy for the site. Personally I dont think the site would be as strong today as it is without the constant probing and hole punching. Okay there were some pretty dramatic bustups in the beginning when there were some serious security holes, many of which said bust-ups I was responsible for.

I'm not proud to admit that I caused one of the largest bust ups in the history of the site when I discovered a security hole so wide that you could drive a truck through it. However maybe all this chaos is not such a bad thing, I remember back when we were part of the original #furaffinity gang back when arcturus still owned the servers. There was downright laziness and incompetance in the coding and running of the site, hardly anything ever got done. Now with all the 'trolling' going on Dragoneer is sh*t hot at sorting things out and stamping down on site trouble.

Ultimately, without a bit of health opposition, the site would still be as crap as it ever was. Now it's pretty damned strong, and has a reasonably strong leader.

Wolfie

nobuyuki said:
(hoping this thread ends up locked since it seems like it can only turn into flame baiting)

Well, you would be the authority on that. :D

I think its stupid that people like you are tolerated around here, or anywhere. I don't think I've ever seen you post a single thing that wasn't snide, derogatory, insulting, flame baiting, or otherwise completely for no other purpose than to toss more negativity into the world as a whole. You have very little if anything positive to say about this site's service, administration, or users, and seem to use "Furry" itself as a bad word.

I see no reason why you would want to be here other than enjoying the negativity you so easily manage to add into any discussion you touch, and so I see no reason for their tolerance of your being here other than to let you bring people down.

Banning you was not some horrible act of oppression. It was removing one irritant of many from an otherwise happy community, and all in all, it was a good call. But hey, as annoying as it is, it just speaks for the character of the people running this place. They're concerned with fairness and acceptance to a fault, even when it means being tolerant of someone whose presence contributes nothing but hostility and negativity. :D

uncia2000

Wolfie said:
They're concerned with fairness and acceptance to a fault, even when it means being tolerant of someone whose presence contributes nothing but hostility and negativity. :D
I love the emoticon on the end of that: having to agree to disagree doesn't always need to be stressful?

There are still limits, however; although I think we might have to disagree as to whether those can ever be demarcated in a clear-cut manner. :)D ?)

Wolfie

Ursus_Amplus said:
Ultimately, without a bit of health opposition, the site would still be as crap as it ever was. Now it's pretty damned strong, and has a reasonably strong leader.

Using "there see, now you know to watch out for the kind of shit I dumped on you" to justify the shit you dumped on someone is just stupid. The entire "someone else" argument you people use is stupid too. If none of you were busting holes in the site, the holes wouldn't be getting busted open. You doing it doesn't make you any less of a lousy person than your "someone else" would have been.

If you find a hole, and you tell the administration about it specifically, and leave it at that, THAT makes you mr. awesome helpful guy. If they decide to ignore you, that makes them lame loser worthless site-runners. But someone bringing a site down, taking away a source of entertainment for a huge number of people, out of a petty gripe with the handful who run the place, is NOT some noble and commendable act.

There is a difference between "thinking outside the box" to help a place grow, and simply being a fucking asshole and trying to bring a place down, then trying to pat yourself on the back and take the credit when they manage to get back up again.

Wolfie said:
Excuse me, but isnt that some kind of hypocritical statement?
Wolfie said:
I think its stupid that people like you are tolerated around here, or anywhere.
And isnt that a second one?

I find it amazing that people still think that nobuyuki still hold some kind of amazing grudge, when in reality he doesnt. Most of whatever he ever says is well collected and actually razor sharp. Nobu never did mean this site harm, he's just direct and says it as it is most of the time. If you cant take it then why do it in the first place?

Wolfie said:
the negativity you so easily manage to add into any discussion you touch
Sadly the truth here is that nobu rarely starts the negativity, he points a FACT out which someone objects to and flames a return.
Wolfie said:
Banning you was not some horrible act of oppression.
I agree, it was the act of one single renegade op that ended up banning people simply because they disagreed with him. This is way not professional and definitely not good for the site.

Wolfie said:
There is a difference between "thinking outside the box" to help a place grow, and simply being a fucking asshole and trying to bring a place down, then trying to pat yourself on the back and take the credit when they manage to get back up again.

Scuse me but I was an official beta tester/bug breaker at the time, in team with verix.

Wolfie said:
fucking asshole

Now you see, this is what I dont like about this place, you've started the flaming by degenerating this into swearing and I'll get the blame for it simply becuase you're 'on FA's side'

Litre

Nobu hasn't started anything here in this topic, yet here you are Wolfie, starting things up again with those posts. He suggested the thread be closed, yet you accuse of him of intentionally flamebaiting. Look what you just did now. Now look where this thread is.

wut

Well, I'm finally unbanned after getting hit with a blanket smiting of some kind of which I don't know the reasoning behind (I believe it may have been that dastardly doog again.) Thanks to Litre for actually putting my case forward about my nonexistant IRC trolling (seeing as I haven't actually set foot in FA IRC since shortly after Calorath was opped, and even then I was just an idler) and Dragoneer/whoever got around to removing the bans set upon me.

Wolfie, I advise you to not talk about things which you lack knowledge of. Ursus was at one point an official bugstomper (Easily verifiable by Uncia, or Preyfar, or just reading old threads or the livejournal) which was when this occured. Very few of the people you consider "trolls" have actually done anything to the site itself beyond finding a bug, replicating it to verify and reporting it (actually I can only think of one person offhand.)

nobuyuki

Wolfie said:

I think its stupid that people like you are tolerated around here, or anywhere. I don't think I've ever seen you post a single thing that wasn't snide, derogatory, insulting, flame baiting, or otherwise completely for no other purpose than to toss more negativity into the world as a whole. You have very little if anything positive to say about this site's service, administration, or users, and seem to use "Furry" itself as a bad word.

I see no reason why you would want to be here other than enjoying the negativity you so easily manage to add into any discussion you touch, and so I see no reason for their tolerance of your being here other than to let you bring people down.

Banning you was not some horrible act of oppression. It was removing one irritant of many from an otherwise happy community, and all in all, it was a good call. But hey, as annoying as it is, it just speaks for the character of the people running this place. They're concerned with fairness and acceptance to a fault, even when it means being tolerant of someone whose presence contributes nothing but hostility and negativity. :D

well, guys like you could probably never understand my purpose, I suppose. I'd go through the trouble of explaining why there needs to be people who always fight against the dangers of complacency and misplaced utopian ideals, but you'd probably think I was some big meanie who just won't leave people / things be.

If anyone was concerned with acceptance to a fault, sir, it would be at the EXPENSE of fairness, which is exactly the kind of ideological garbage this community shouldn't succumb to -- and I'd hope my tempering has made those of you who are not hopeless causes stronger personalities from it, so that none of you succumb to that sort of furry dystopian nightmare I've seen and heard of occurring so many other places time and time again.

uncia2000

Ursus_Amplus said:
I agree, it was the act of one single renegade op that ended up banning people
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/renegade
=> renegade
1. One who rejects a religion, cause, allegiance, or group for another; a deserter.
2. An outlaw; a rebel.

Wrong word, sorry. None of the admins here are "working for anyone else" or rebelling against the others, as far as I can see.

And since the net effect was a somewhat needed (if rather crudely effected) timeout, the checks-and-balances worked in the end.
Apologies for the rough ride.

Wolfie said:
If they decide to ignore you, that makes them lame loser worthless site-runners.

At this point I'll also point out that the most singularly large dramafest on this site was caused because two or three separate admins ignored about four distinct warnings there was a hole from both myself and verix.

Status
Not open for further replies.