• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The bidet

_Ivory_

COMMISSIONS OPEN!
Hello. As many of you know: I'm from Italy. In Italy we have a little sink called "bidet". You have to sit on it and it's used to was genitals and butt.
I always ask to people from other countries but I never get a satisfying answer.
I can't imagine a life without the bidet and I don't understand how people can live without using it.

So, how do you live without a bidet?!

Alex C.

I have used those when i traveled. In some parts of argentina an mexico they have bidets but i never got used to them. I think they use too much water but some say that bathrooms in the US use about 50% more water than the ones in europe. The first thing i thought when i used one for the first time is something along the lines of "why is there a separate toilet for shooting water? isn't that the purpose of showers?"

_Ivory_

COMMISSIONS OPEN!
I have used those when i traveled. In some parts of argentina an mexico they have bidets but i never got used to them. I think they use too much water but some say that bathrooms in the US use about 50% more water than the ones in europe. The first thing i thought when i used one for the first time is something along the lines of "why is there a separate toilet for shooting water? isn't that the purpose of showers?"
Not exactly. Basically we use to wash the butt after we imuse the toilet (if you know what I mean). Toilet paper is not enough and I feel dirty if I don't wash myself, its super useful. And often wash genitals even more than one time in a day because they are gross. There are specific soaps to use with the bidet and they are delicate forthr intimate parts, they smell nice and they give a very fresh sensation after using them.

F

foussiremix

Lel where I live we don't have bidets.
Like only the old people houses.

I am just gonna say, everyone where I live makes their toilet paper wet, makes things easier :v

N

NightTripper

So, how do you live without a bidet?!

Toilet paper for the vast majority, "Flushable" wipes for those who want to feel more clean and destroy their local sewer system. (Google fatberg ) Option 3, take a shower.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Never used one and rarely see one. I shower every day... sometimes more, especially if I fursuit.

Guifrog

Blue Frog | Avatar by Lenago
The usual bathroom here has a mini-shower nearby the toilet:

erro7.jpg

Otherwise we may just take the big shower afterwards. In either case, there's specific soaps for intimate care here too.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Bidets are gaining a bit of popularity in the US but it's going to take a lot of time for them to become standard. People are just so used to toilet paper, but bidets clean far, far better.

My favorite non-exact quote regarding bidets:
"If you got poo on your hand you wouldn't wipe it off with a piece of paper and say 'Clean!'. You'd wash your hands. That's exactly what a bidet does for you butt."

luffy

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't know how I would feel about cold water spraying onto my nether regions.

M

ManicTherapsid

They used to have these ones in a catalog that bracketed under the seat and had a hose to the sink. I wonder if they still sell them.

Renneon

nose-bleeding disaster
I'm from france, and I Don't think a lot of people use those nowadays ! (My grandparents all have one)
i think those were used way more before when people had to spare water as much as possible, it made cleaning easier especially for women.

I was really surprised when i went to italy and there was one in the bathroom (and actually pleased because i had also never seen such a terrible shower - LOL)

_Ivory_

COMMISSIONS OPEN!
I'm from france, and I Don't think a lot of people use those nowadays ! (My grandparents all have one)
i think those were used way more before when people had to spare water as much as possible, it made cleaning easier especially for women.

I was really surprised when i went to italy and there was one in the bathroom (and actually pleased because i had also never seen such a terrible shower - LOL)
In Italy we still use them. Everyone uses them

Gronix

Catless Cat Lady
Bidets are gaining a bit of popularity in the US but it's going to take a lot of time for them to become standard. People are just so used to toilet paper, but bidets clean far, far better.

My favorite non-exact quote regarding bidets:
"If you got poo on your hand you wouldn't wipe it off with a piece of paper and say 'Clean!'. You'd wash your hands. That's exactly what a bidet does for you butt."

Except that I use my hands to eat and touch my face a lot, while my my bottom area gets sweaty at best, otherwise the "contamination" is minimal at best- which is going to be washed when I shower after the day, into fresh new underwear.
What goes on your hand goes everywhere- onto everything you use, others, and into your mouth. ..What does your butt being squeaky clean thorough the entirety of the day help with from a practical point of view?

Alex C.

Except that I use my hands to eat and touch my face a lot, while my my bottom area gets sweaty at best, otherwise the "contamination" is minimal at best- which is going to be washed when I shower after the day, into fresh new underwear.
What goes on your hand goes everywhere- onto everything you use, others, and into your mouth. ..What does your butt being squeaky clean thorough the entirety of the day help with from a practical point of view?
I guess it keeps underwear clean for more time?

S

Scots

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

In the States bidet's are definitely gaining popularity especially where there are a lot of Japanese businesses. (also in Mexico)
However, on the flip-side, there are huge efforts to conserve water in the US so I see that negating bidet usage.

Yav

wig snatcher
Being from America, I had no idea what a bidet was until I saw it on a youtube video for the first time..
So, of course I wouldn't be very fond of the idea of cold water shooting into my ass when I'm done going to the bathroom, even if it does clean better.
I take a shower everyday anyways so it's basically the same thing only warm water ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GlitterFog

Being from America, I had no idea what a bidet was until I saw it on a youtube video for the first time..
So, of course I wouldn't be very fond of the idea of cold water shooting into my ass when I'm done going to the bathroom, even if it does clean better.
I take a shower everyday anyways so it's basically the same thing only warm water ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can't imagine anyone willingly using those if water was cold though, that would be cruel! Mine definitely does have warm one.
My parents were super smart about designing their home and I do wish it was possible to stumble upon these in rented apartments. But apartments here tend to be very small, especially toilets and bathrooms, and I can see how it would be hard to fit those. It must also be partially why clothing dryers aren't popular here either.

Why are bidets the topic I am discussing on a furry forum at 2AM though?

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
In America, poop time starts by unstrapping our gunbelt and pulling down our Levis American Denim© trousers.
next we sit on our porcelain thrones, making sure to grab our toilet rifle, incase ISIS attacks while on the john. Sometimes, I let off a little burst in full auto into the ceiling, helps me pee.
then, we do our business. like American men.
usually Ill spend my time on the pot with a good ol' BigMac, or simply by reading a Field and Stream with an Ice cold American Lager (lite, of course)
Then I slap the roll of toilet paper as hard as I can, letting the paper fly everywhere until it stops (I can make it halfway through the roll now). I use that much toilet paper to wipe away that ISIS agenda. into the toilet it goes.
Then I clear my toilet rifle, pop my gunbelt back on, and hop onto my scooter, and leave my beautiful business for all of Wal Mart to see.

Spicy Cheeto

Well in the U.S we use a lot of wet wipes. If we don’t have wet wipes we make “homemade wet wipes” which involves wetting a piece of toilet paper and wiping that way. The only downside to that is the toilet paper bits get stuck to your ass and you end up having to remove each individual piece by hand which is also unsanitary.

I’m going to be honest here. We need bidets desperately. This is probably going to sound awful but since we don’t have great higene over here from the lack of bidets or removable shower heads (not everybody has those), Americans here have that certain smell 24-7. You know, the specific smell a person has when they haven’t cleaned their genitalia properly in a week (which is common here for both sexes). I wish I didn’t have a strong nose that’s for sure XD.

I did actually buy a removable shower head. If wet wipes or toilet paper don’t work I can go in the shower and clean up now which is pretty cool XD. This was all probably way too much information but I didn’t want to sugar coat it. Not having a bidet sucks big time.

Last edited: