• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Big Questions (Religion, Ideology, etc) Thread.

Your beliefs:

• I. Christianity (specify)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Judaism

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Islam (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinduism

• Buddism (specify)

• Daoism (clarify)

• EternalUndeath’s Cult

• None, Pastafarianism, or pantheism

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Paganism, other, or Fuck you I’m a Dragon

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • II. Marxist, Anarchist (specify)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Objectivist, Libertarian (specify)

• US Liberal/Social Democrat

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • US Conservative, Communitarian

• III. Physicalism

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dualism

• Panpsychism

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • IV. Nominalism or Conceptualism (specify)

• Abstract Particulars (specify)

• Universals (specify)

• I like Pie (specify)

Votes: 22 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageHusky

oh, well if christians didn't 'invent' marriage then F YOU i'll marry a guy if I want! hahaha!

to all the rest of you: I don't have a religion either >_> I just believe certain things that are of my own concienciouos decisions

Whirlaxis

athiest, adults with imaginary friends are stupid.

normally i would jump all over the chance to have a friendly debate with someone over this (ethics and religion are my two main things) but I'm very literally half asleep right now, so if anyone cares to hear my points just drop a post and ill reply in the morning.

edit: my one true religion http://buildingareligion.ytmnd.com/

Faukx

I voted Pagan, Other or F**ck you im a Dragon!.
why? well, im not realy a pagan, nor am i a dragon (dragons rule tough), and i am other becouse i dont think i like pie is an option for me (i do like pie tough).

I dont realy have a believe, i DO beleve in reincarnation, ghosts positive/negative enteties. I beleve in a god and a godess. in my case i worship Bastet as godess adn Anubis as my god. Why? ive got my reasons and it has nothing to do with the furry stuff.
Its not that i pray all day and have an altar or somesort, its just the beleve in and having comfort in the feeling that there watching my back and help me channel positive energy into me or others.

I am however realy pasive and it could be that gods do not exist at al but its just the comfort people get from there believe or the comfort if a person does not beleve.
You could also say that beleve has driven most of us mad, or atleast some people. I have seen many wars and trubbles becouse of a clash between diferent religions and sometimes i wish that there where no religions at all becouse of that.
Luckely there are good things becouse of religion, i can't think of one this quick but there are good things XD.

Oh...and i like crumble pie...

Moon-Baby

Transitional Lifeform
fyiadcesord.jpg

only replacing dragon with some different animals.

I don't really have a religion, but I do have my own thoughts on some spiritual stuff.

And Pie.

tigermist

None of the above. I believe there is a god out there I just haven't found it. I guess that makes me agnostic. Oh the other hand some nice key lime pie would be nice.

kyubi_youma

fox with too many worries
doodoo deedoo im i left libertarian and im Mormon by birth (dont you dare make fun of that i will defend them with all my heart ) right now im not exactly sure kinda between mother earth and god though.... they are both quite powerful in my opinion maybe they are a couple? *lmao*

EmpusaVampirebat

Flying Chupacabra
I'm a pagan. I believe in two deites who watch over and guide me through my life. I see them as the Goddess Earth and Father Sky. :D

MauEvig

Celestial Angel Kitty
Pentecostal Christian. I believe that Jesus is alive today, he died for our sins and rose again and that the Holy Spirit is alive and in our lives too if we accept his sacrifice.

doodoo deedoo im i left libertarian and im Mormon by birth (dont you dare make fun of that i will defend them with all my heart ) right now im not exactly sure kinda between mother earth and god though.... they are both quite powerful in my opinion maybe they are a couple? *lmao*

Don't mormons believe in a "Heavenly Mother?" Doesn't sound all that farfetched to me considering what the Mormons believe.
You do mean LDS right? I was in that church once...I regret being in it though.

Last edited:

Gobby

"None" should cover atheism and agnosticism. Atheism and agnosticism aren't religions.
It should be noted that the belief that no gods exist or that the nature of these beings is unknowable is, in a sense, a religious stance as well, as it defines the parameters of your belief in supernatural entities. Even within the parameters that a religion is a communally recognized set of beliefs, this still applies as there are atheist conventions and while I know of no agnostic conventions, the qualities of agnosticism are easy enough to identify.

MauEvig

Celestial Angel Kitty
It should be noted that the belief that no gods exist or that the nature of these beings is unknowable is, in a sense, a religious stance as well, as it defines the parameters of your belief in supernatural entities. Even within the parameters that a religion is a communally recognized set of beliefs, this still applies as there are atheist conventions and while I know of no agnostic conventions, the qualities of agnosticism are easy enough to identify.

That said, and well said at that...the only TRUE non-religion then is Agnosticism.

Gobby

That said, and well said at that...the only TRUE non-religion then is Agnosticism.
The only reason that I wrote what I did is because I misread the last word in the quote, although I think what I said still applies.

Atheism and Agnosticism, while not technically recognized as religions unto themselves, are still philosophical statements about your belief in supernatural beings, making them religious in nature. The only true non-religion then is the non-religion.

Last edited:

WhiteHowl

Procrastination is cool~*
I like pie, the cherry derivative. There should be I like cake in there too -.-

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
Atheism and Agnosticism, while not technically recognized as religions unto themselves, are still philosophical statements about your belief in supernatural beings, making them religious in nature.

But calling atheism a "religion" is like calling bald a hair colour.

PS: Steak and cheese pie, please. :)

WhiteHowl

Procrastination is cool~*
But calling atheism a "religion" is like calling bald a hair colour.

PS: Steak and cheese pie, please. :)

I would first like to state that I am an atheist. Now webster defines religion... actually it defines religious as:
1: relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity <a religious person> <religious attitudes>
2: of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances <joined a religious order>
3 a: scrupulously and conscientiously faithful b: fervent, zealous
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religious

yeah being an atheist would mean that you do not believe in God, so it can't be called a religion.

Athiest:: one who believes that there is no deity
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheist

Draco_2k

Rawr.
I don't see Satanism on that list?..

Because I'm a bitch, I'll take the liberty to nitpick on this statement:

A)Atheism has nothing to do with religion on any level. On one hand, it's lack of belief in God, on the other, some religions don't have Gods to begin with.

B)Agnosticism has nothing to do with belief in God, but the stance on the knowledge about one. You can be an Agnostic Theist, or an Agnostic Atheist.

i dont belive in anything i wont belive some stories and random junk jibberoush that this god excistst and stuff its not real its someones thought LOL!
i belive in ghostst,spirutral things
so im going to have to go for pie lol

Alexander Fire

Back from the dead
I'm Christian, Anarchist (FREEDOM!) and.. I LOVE PIE! :p (also, although I didn't mark it... well... F*ck you I'm a dragon!).
PIE... PIE... PIE...

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I like pie. Mmmmm Cheesecake... Or applepie :)

Gobby

Because I'm a bitch, I'll take the liberty to nitpick on this statement:

A)Atheism has nothing to do with religion on any level. On one hand, it's lack of belief in God, on the other, some religions don't have Gods to begin with.
Couldn't Atheism just as easily be the belief that there is no god instead of a lack of it?
wikipedia on Atheism said:
Atheism, as an explicit position, can be either the affirmation of the nonexistence of gods, or the rejection of theism. It is also defined more broadly as synonymous with any form of nontheism, including the simple absence of belief in deities. Although atheism is often equated with irreligion, some religions, such as Jainism and Theravada Buddhism, do not require belief in a personal god.
True, it's not a religion (and if I asserted that it was I concede that) but it is a statement about your belief (or lack thereof) in god/s which means that it has at least something to do with religion.

Draco_2k

Rawr.
Couldn't Atheism just as easily be the belief that there is no god instead of a lack of it?
It can be either. There may or may not be any difference, but I don't think even Philosophers and Grammaticiarians have a proper answer to that.

True, it's not a religion (and if I asserted that it was I concede that) but it is a statement about your belief (or lack thereof) in god/s which means that it has at least something to do with religion.
And pickles have something to do with golf clubs because they can't be used as one.

Last edited:

Gobby

And pickles have something to do with golf clubs because they can't be used as one.
What the hell do pickles and golf clubs have to do with anything? That analogy doesn't even make sense.

Religion A:
Does not believe in any gods, but still maintains a set of communally held moral and lifestyle standards.

Religion A is Atheistic.

Ergo, atheism has something to do with religion, although atheism is not a religion.

Atheism would be like the material the golf club is made out of.

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
I would be classified as a pagan as I worship the Earth. I just have a hard time taking stock in most modern religions first because they will deny all forms of science , and then hypocritically use the sciences they say are WRONG , LIES , AND EVIL to prove something that betters themselves. Secondly I don't find to many religious folk that are able to do much more then quote the bible , and are unable to then state what their quotations mean. Then you have the whole free will thing , which really isn't free will , cause god says hey you have free will , BUT if you don't worship me and me alone then you will burn in hell. How is that free will? It sounds more like the elections in Iraq , yeah you can vote for the other guy but we will cut your hand off if you do. Then there is the whole Jesus thing I just flat out refuse to follow or worship a man that claims to be god , I mean do we do that now a days? No people that claim to be god now a days are locked in nut houses. I mean I can walk on water , bought a really nifty pair of canoe shoes , does that mean I am the son of god? As for Jesus' teachings he seems to have done a good deal of blaspheming and he did it on sunday and that is the reason he was crusified , along with thousands of other Jews who worked on sunday.

As for the Pie , my fiancee's pie is my favorite :p

Status
Not open for further replies.