• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Defoe Series (5 Days a Stranger, etc...)

PostalRoo

As copy/pasted from my journal:

DeFoe series (as named by the author)
In order: 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Skeptic, Trilby's Notes.

If you are familiar with the adventure game genre of the early 90's (Monkey Island, King's Quest, etc.) then this is a must play. If this is the first time you've heard of the term adventure game, this is a great introduction to the genre. I have to say, of the few noncommercial games I've played (including modifications to popular games, freeware, and game demos), this is still one of the best things I've ever played. It even beats out some $20 games out there.

Although it relies on the graphics of yesteryear (320*200 size screen and Midi for 2006?), this series still manages to amaze me with how much you could do with the author enforced limited technology (these were made in 03-06, more than ten years after the original adventure games).

If you like horror games, even better. That's what these are. There are scenes in these games that scared the complete crap out of me, even after playing them a few times. Without giving away too much about the game, there are characters that still gave me nightmares after months of playing the game. Best played at night with the lights off and the sound up.

As for game length, each one is measured out as a medium length game, but I've managed to get at least four hours of entertainment from each. I don't recommend playing all of them at once, but play them in order.

The best part of these games is that there are no unsightly bugs and glitches that leave you stuck with having to revert to a save game. Nor are there areas like in King's Quest where you could be stuck without an item to solve a specific puzzle. The game was well-thought out and error-free by my concern.

This is one of the best adventure game series I've played, and by no argument, one of the best games made with the AGS engine. Just don't tell the maker that a furry sent you.

Play them in order, damnit!!! They're FREE

5 Days a Stranger

7 Days a Skeptic

Trilby's Notes

These are old games, but if you get stuck on a puzzle, go here for hints or walkthroughs:http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php

Or even better, use the game links I provided, as they go straight to the source.

Just... putting this out there.