• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Dionysus Club - Discord Server

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Hello Y'all

I'm proud to announce the creation of a new community discord server, The Dionysus Club

Now, there's already a few of those out there, what makes ours so different?

Well, for once, we're not as much a server as a social club. We expect gentlemanly behaviour from our members, which we will, in turn, exhibit.

We also put emphasis on healthy academic discussion, and would like, for this reason, our members to be politically more in the middle (moderate conservatives to social democrats)

But even if you're not interested in political debate, and just wish to hang around - we've got you covered. All politics happen in a side room, seperated by a role for those wishing to debate. Nobody who is not interested in politics will be harassed to partake in debate.

I will personally guarantee you a server free of harassment, hate-speech and the ever so prevalent alt-right dogwhistle shit.(If you follow me around on the forums you know my stance on this)

We are LGBTQ+ friendly, and don't mind furs from all walks of life.

We also have an NSFW section and would prefer new members to be adults.

If we have tickled your fancy and you want to join, drop me a PM, and I'll give you the Link.

S

SLB-Portu23

I'm very reluctant about going back to Discord after many failed adventures in there but this one seems interesting. Any place that grants a mature, open minded and respectful audience could prove a good fit for me.

The Grey

Lost in a forest of stars
I'm very reluctant about going back to Discord after many failed adventures in there but this one seems interesting. Any place that grants a mature, open minded and respectful audience could prove a good fit for me.
I've certainly been enjoying my time there. The server's very friendly and I've had a decent amount of good discussions there so far, personally I find the slower, more considered pace of the chats to be a good fit for me too. It's a good place to be, in this humble stranger's opinion.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Haven't given this a bump for ages, but we are still looking for members

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
@ConorHyena

I haven't really discorded in a good while as I've been confined to my phone as the net gets hooked up and I dig out the computer and get things in gear...hopefully by Monday/Tues. But shoot me a PM, and I'll pop in; sounds suitably erudite and entertaining. : )

Edit: I am reminded of a cozy tavern in Baltimore I used to be fond of, called, of all things: Dionysus. I recall ordering a drink that was very appealing: a gin Martini, up with olives, whith just a drop of Absinthe, which became termed the Somerset Maugham Martini, based on its appearance in one of many novels, the name of which escapes me now, as I was fond of said Martinis during the winter I read said novels.

Last edited:

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Definitly haven't bumped this in ages but we currently still have 6 membership slots open, if anyone is interested - drop me a PM!

S

SLB-Portu24

I would if I hadn't been there already. On a genuinely honest personal note, didn't left due to having any issues with another member or seeing any content which left me uncomfortable, in fact, as far as Discord servers go, I don't think it can get any better than that and this is coming from someone who's heavily critical of said app. Yet for some reason, it still didn't felt like the right space for me but for most furries, it should have everything required for a quite enjoyable experience.

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Bump. We're still looking for members, a few slots are still open! PM me if interested!

Valryth

Do clouds look down and think I'm one of them?
Could I join? Even if just for a test run, it seems like quite a promising server!

Matt the Terrier

Swing the Mood! =3
Hai, Conor! :3

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Can also confirm this server is my favourite place to be. Lovely people!

Matt the Terrier

Swing the Mood! =3
Can also confirm this server is my favourite place to be. Lovely people!
And Conor is a fun bloke to talk to, and he makes funny "YELP" noises if you pounce on him! X3

Biscayne

many dumb animals
If you're still looking for members I'm interested. I'm not super into debates but I'd like to get to know some more level headed adult furries lol.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Oh yes. We are total hedonistic anarchic furs! X) Nah! There is a meaning to the name. @ConorHyena can better elaborate though.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Until further notice I cannot recommend this server. Currently there is no voting channel to make changes that the community would like or wouldn't like. And as for this being a "debate server" the debate channels are heavily censored. Like if you want to explain why you think a religion is bad by logical reasoning in the religion channel, you can't. Because it's banned. This isn't a true debate server. I'm going to stick around because I have some friends on the server that I'd be sad to see gone and it's the only mentally stimulating furry server, but I cannot recommend this for people who want true debates. Somehow a debate about whether necrophilia or pedophilia was okay was alright by the mods but not whether you think a religion deserves a title or not.