• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Ciderfine

Slow as sickness but true as sap
Banned
But that soggy bread I mean...uh god..."Fur family"

I know the fandom creates a sense of...everyone is a jugsaw puzzle glistening with sap ready to be accepted but sometimes it goes a bit to far.

I personally find it creepy when someone relates to a past or current friendship as "Your my -insert species name- bro!" As thats the only link the chain.

Anyone else got the satly high tide of someone trying to put them in such a "family?" Creepy stories or opinions are welcome.

Crimcyan

Chum bucket with the u
saltybae (1).PNG

You can almost taste the salt coming off of this thread

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
i thought this thread was going to be about a swear word(fuck) which i will not say here(fucking)

Anyway I have has many creepy experiences with furries but not really anything about a "fur family." the closest i got to that was accidentally joining a furry cult roleplay

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
It's an interesting concept in itself... a group of people who ones associates with a social family... I only have given one person approval to be part of my "fur family" and that's someone important IRL who's helped me along and is really nice. I've always seen it as sort of a super best friend kinda thing

Ciderfine

Banned
No, thankfully nobody has ever tried to label or categorize me like that. But, yeah, that term "fur family" is a little disturbing. Do people really, seriously say that?

I don't like the sound of it. To me "family" has this connotation of some compulsory loyalty and inseparable belonging to an amorphous, all-inclusive larger whole. In this case, one that's simply made up of anyone who decides they want to call themselves a part of it, along with whatever "baggage" they may bring into the fray. In some way it even sounds possessive of the individual members. Furthermore, it seems to imply that by belonging to it, I will tacitly, unquestioningly accept anyone who joins our little slice of life, along with said baggage, simply because of the fact they call themselves a "furry".

I don't like being indiscriminately and unthinkingly lumped in with some great big, indistinct mass of people like that, particularly where furries are concerned. There are some people calling themselves furries who I simply don't want to be associated with, for one reason or another. I maintain a healthy level of reservation and keep my distance from the many unsavory, decadent things that people intermingle with this fandom. I carefully pick and choose who and what I want to associate with, and avoid the things/people I don't.

I prefer the term "furry community". That doesn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth. In my mind, it suggests the presence of at least some structure and order that might delineate separation and individuality, as well as a conscious choice to belong to a group/subgroup.

Yes actually I knew a few furries who do and did force that stuff on other and me. You couldnt have worded it better because really in a sense that what it turned into. It was kind of like

The alternative for the breakfast club if you hated your parents and..."wanted new ones" in the fandom. Fucking creepy like a fridge thats door opens on its own no? But many people still use the "fur bro" template still.

Ciderfine

Banned
i thought this thread was going to be about a swear word(fuck) which i will not say here(fucking)

Anyway I have has many creepy experiences with furries but not really anything about a "fur family." the closest i got to that was accidentally joining a furry cult roleplay
Sadly no, I wish the simple use of language was the focus of this but its not. I've ran into a lot of cult like things on here. Many of them either religious or close to "We Happy few" minus the video game laugh tracks. And let me tell you, it was indeed a cult where they made other people do their work.

Ciderfine

Banned
You say 'dual f word' and for some reason i think 'Fucking faggots'. I'm not homophobic i swear, i just have a rather dark sense of humor.

But yeah we're not a family. If this fandom is a family then i wish i could be adopted into a different one.

I think anyone in their right mind bored of the blank if not bland world would love to dip into the talking animals for parents category of a film. I admit it, many people would prefer it but sadly no, its a more darker word then a tiny swear your provided. Honestly...not many people have focused to say that in a long time or at all.

Mainly its furfag, which oddly enough isnt directed to be homophobic, as the term gay and fag have changed a lot in its slap of a meaning. Never heard anything else, not even an F bomb to the ing to that.