• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Dreams Megathread

General-jwj

Prime Minister of Belgium
For once I remember what I dreamt about last night, and it's random and crazy as fuck. Hang on tight ...

I was in some kind of hollowed-out supervillain mountain lair that looked like a "terril" (local slang from where I live, a terril is a hill made up of all the worthless rocks and minerals they used to pull from the mines that riddle the underground here, they're all over the landscape) and I was visiting with either Ronald Reagan or Richard Nixon (the one from futurama). After a moment we pause in front of some kind of console that looks like it belongs inside the death star, and when I pull the switch sparks fly out of the thing and all of it's lights turn off. Then I turn to the guy and say "I told you so". They guy is disappointed and leaves, so I decide to leave to.

When I get outside I find myself confronted by a swarm of orcs (the ones from The Lord of the Rings) that start running towards me. I start running and eventually wind up in some kind of old quarry, complete with stagnant lake and rusty mining equipment, then I bump into some characters from the Bleach anime (Uryuu and Sado), so I turn around, and suddenly for some reason I'm strong enough to punch orcs to death and deflect blows from their crude weapons with my bare hands.
I'm in the middle of the scrap when suddenly I wake up. A real shame too, we were really beating the crap outta those guys.

Last edited:

QuickSticks45

Wishes he could fly
I always get some messed up dreams,
One time i had a dream where there was a zombie outbreak all over the place but nobody really cared and life was normal but with zombies. That day i woke up and remembered that this game that i wanted to get came out that day and i went to the garage for the car. When i got into the car i found four or five zombies in the garage and i freaked and i armed myself with a broom stick. After quickly dispatching the opposing zombies i thought that it was all clear and i walked to the car, then suddenly out of the fuck of no where a zombie falls on it's side right in front of my biting off my nipple on it's trip down to the ground and i start to stop it's head in. I preceded to take out a syringe filled with a suppressant for the zombie virus which i had to inject into my nipple. When i started to feel better i got into the car on the passenger side and dragged the steering wheel over to my side like it was no issue and back out and drove perfectly even though at the time of the dream i had no real education on driving. When going to town which looked like a larger version of my actual town i reached the Game Stop and walked in past the iron bars and armed guards just to realize that i'm too young to buy the game. I began to head back when my mom shows up out of no where with the game and says "oh, i knew that you'd be too young to buy the game so i went in and got it for you" to which i responded with "Wait. aren't you suppose to be at work mom?" and that's when i realized it was a dream and not any of the other bazaar things that happened, just that. Then i woke up, The End c:

CannotWait

I had a shocking dream last night. Four other men and I were wandering the halls of some old, abandoned research facility. We came upon this room with a chair in the middle that looked like it had been used for shock therapy (seeing as how it had little cups that would go on either side of your head). I had no idea what it was and simply mistook it for a torture device, but one of the men (I think a good friend of mine) was familiar with the work. He said this machine was used to create mind controllable athletes for the very wealthy until the wealthy began wanting such superior athleticism for themselves.

As expected, a couple of us wanted such skills. He then went on to explain how it was an incredibly painful process that electrically charged some sort of super-plasma through your body. Even on the lower settings, few survived. He then eyed two of the men that looked the most fit as candidates and then winked at the remaining man and I, signaling us to strap them in together. Without any reluctance, we did just that. All three of us worked to put these two other men in this barbarian machine against their screaming, pleading, will. As a test, he immediately started up the machine and ran it for about a minute on a low setting. Instantly, blue electricity pumped through the bodies of these men. They screamed and screamed, but the machine kept going. At one point it gave a small burst and, despite what seemed possible, they screamed louder.

The machine turned off naturally and both of these grown, strong men were crying and begging us to let them go. For the man who suggested we put them in, their crying had no effect. However, remorse struck the other man and I. We asked if there were a way to make this less painful for them. I suggested we somehow disable the pain center of their brain. The man told us that they must register every ounce of pain and that the best solution for them was to cut out their eyes so they wouldn't see it coming. Somehow we agreed, but the men didn't. They told us they couldn't go through something like that again. The most evil man shouted that they would not, but rather they would go through something much worse. Hundreds of times more painful.

We then debated on what knife to use, the most evil man chose his and cut out their eyes. I didn't see him cut them out, but I saw the eyeless bodies. Then the man turned the machine to the highest level and started it again. It took a moment to charge up. The men screamed "No! No! No!" It began pumping them with blue electricity, which caused them to scream like they hadn't before. Then the electricity turned a purple hue and goo started pouring from their eyes, nose, mouth and fingernails. They continued to scream louder and louder until somehow they stopped. They were still alive, and I believe they still felt the pain, but somehow they felt comfort in the intense pain and awaiting death.

They started to babble about seeing children. I looked up and saw a translucent baby doll walking upside down in midair, followed by toy trains, blocks and other childrens' toys. A small hunk of metal, presumably a gun, flew from one of the electrocuted men's shirts and hit the wall behind us. The men somehow understood and explained to us that the entire room was becoming an electro-magnet. I started to run for cover. One of the men shouted at me that he was being fried and I was concerned about my own safety, but I didn't care. They started moaning, holding back screams of pain as the machine intensified and then one of them yelled out "Son of a Bitch!" and then there was an explosion. Blood was everywhere and I was on the ground, shaking. I woke up shaking.

Antonia

twitch.
Last night I dreamed that I was invited to a huge party, I think someone's birthday. It was some sort of Christian-church-thing, so I felt nervous. There were presents for everyone, namely bibles and bicycles.
What struck out the most in my mind was that I was very attracted to the birthday girl, she was about 20 and had short, blonde hair and gorgeous eyes, a really sweet laugh too.

I think I subconsciously want my roommate bad, but don't want to be caught on the rebound, so to speak.

That or something much less dramatic

General-jwj

Sooo ... I just dreamed I was in a relationship wth a girl. There were a few dream-like shenanigans but that's to be expected in a dream.

I'm pretty disappoint in my subconscious, the girl wasn't even anything special. She just looked so ... average. Anyway, either I have a shitty imagination, or my brain is desperately trying to tell me something :V

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Had a fucking nightmare. Or at least a dream that went south. I was chased down the street I grew up on by... a noise, really. I was running away from a buzzing sound like a big insect, but then I realized that I had been running long enough that if I hadn't gotten away, and it hadn't caught up to me, it would have to have been going the exact same speed as me for a long while, and really the only reason for that would be...

I stuck my hands up behind my head and felt wings. Big, leathery wings attached to a large, hard, and now very angry body...

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
- First I had a dream that I was lying in bed trying to prank-call (?) some business/organization while talking into a disposable razor. The conversation didn't get anywhere, they just started talking in this creepy inhuman voice. I think they were catching on.
- Next I had a dream that I was at some kind of party/social function in an aviary. THere were parrots and small mammals everywhere, including one very cuddly birdie.
- Finally, I had to make a night raid on some shady guy's house who was holding this fuzzy white baby alien/monkey thing in his basement as a trophy. I was supposed to be 'restoring' something in this dream.

T

Tycho

First dream in a long time, that I actually managed to remember past the first 15 minutes of waking up this morning

I was on some kind of massive flying train up high in the sky, and there was a hijacking/robbery of some sort going on. I was trying to make my way forward to the "locomotive" and was being attacked constantly, so I tried to remain as stealthy as possible, crawling through tunnels (some of which contained smaller train systems on tracks to move things from one end of this massive sky train to the other) and air ducts and stuff. I got to one of the last few cars before the huge "locomotive" which contained lots of machinery and stuff, kinda like they were actually part of a multi-car "locomotive". There were people in there I was trying to convince to get to some sort of escape vehicle and I was trying to disable the train and holding off hijackers/robbers, using automated guns and barricaded doors to keep them at bay as I worked. Woke up before the dream finished.

CannotWait

Don't exactly remember what happened in the dream, but it was apparently funny enough for me to wake up laughing.

Antonia

twitch.
I had a dream about being in college. The wi-fi was $1.50 an hour, and they were trying to ban "gay gloves" and iPods.

It was a terrible dream...

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Had like the 12th billionth dream where my grandfather died.

Yurp.

L

LizardKing

So last night part of my dream seemed to hinge on the idea that people would like to fuck electrical components. Gay men apparently had a thing for capacitors. I asked someone if wanting to fuck a resistor made you a rapist.

I don't even... What a horrible pun. I almost facepalmed when I woke up.

CannotWait

So last night part of my dream seemed to hinge on the idea that people would like to fuck electrical components. Gay men apparently had a thing for capacitors. I asked someone if wanting to fuck a resistor made you a rapist.

I don't even... What a horrible pun. I almost facepalmed when I woke up.

You dream of puns?! I am sooo jelly!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
First dream in a long time, that I actually managed to remember past the first 15 minutes of waking up this morning

I was on some kind of massive flying train up high in the sky, and there was a hijacking/robbery of some sort going on. I was trying to make my way forward to the "locomotive" and was being attacked constantly, so I tried to remain as stealthy as possible, crawling through tunnels (some of which contained smaller train systems on tracks to move things from one end of this massive sky train to the other) and air ducts and stuff. I got to one of the last few cars before the huge "locomotive" which contained lots of machinery and stuff, kinda like they were actually part of a multi-car "locomotive". There were people in there I was trying to convince to get to some sort of escape vehicle and I was trying to disable the train and holding off hijackers/robbers, using automated guns and barricaded doors to keep them at bay as I worked. Woke up before the dream finished.
TRAINS DON'T FLY!!!
Reiji Matsumoto would be pleased.

NikoTehDargon

I had a nightmare about Amnesia: TDD, where I was chased through several rooms by the Brute.. I think I should lay off it for a couple nights.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
TRAINS DON'T FLY!!!
Reiji Matsumoto would be pleased.

Indeed.

I had several dreams last night, but I can only remember the first at present. It involved me being at a hotel in the Bay area (California) for some convention, and for some reason, very late at night/early in the morning ("wee" hours of the night), I got up to... umm, heh... wee, but, for some reason, I ended up looking for a restroom in the hotel, rather than using the one in my room. In what appeared to be the lobby of this hotel, I found a wall of what looked like elevator doorways, one of which, strangely enough, opened up to reveal a restroom. So, I went in, and the door closed behind me. I was a bit surprised when it did, and caught sight the door as it closed, forming a seemless wall. Only a second or two after, the room felt like it was moving.

Well, I still had to pee, so I went and did that, then went to wash my hands, surprised again when I found out I wasn't alone like I'd thought. This guy with dark skin, dreadlocks and a Jamacian accent (I have no idea why) came out of a stall and started to wash his hands in the sink next to mine. We started talking, I finished washing and drying my hands, tossed the paper in the trash, then simply walked towards the wall, which opened just as swiftly and as suddenly as it closed... only to find myself stepping out into daylight, and finding out the hotel I was now in was on the east coast, not the west, and it was four hours later, past sunrise. I can't remember if it was the Jamacian man or someone else, but a voice told me about my being four hours and a whole continent's width from where I'd been, and it also explained how I'd discovered this hotel chain's "portal" system.

Which apparently made me a member of some exclusive "club".

But fortunately, I returned to the wall of elevator doors, and found the one that led back to my original hotel, at which point I found my left hand all covered in what appeared to be soft caramel, which I was trying to lick off, but which clogged my mouth like peanut butter. Yeah, I was acting like a dog who'd just been fed the stuff, while listening to this voice telling me about my "membership" and about how this lady liked the humor or somesuch of my "situation" with the caramel. It really didn't make much sense, but I have to admit, it was funny.

Milo

another dream where I'm screaming at the top of my lungs at someone, and the person doesn't respond. he hears me, but doesn't respond.

yes yes, dream theory of lack of control, or having no voice.

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...
yes yes, dream theory of lack of control, or having no voice.

Don't forget the inability to run for your life.

I also find that whenever I'm attacking someone, it's completely ineffective.

Milo

Don't forget the inability to run for your life.

I also find that whenever I'm attacking someone, it's completely ineffective.

generally, the dreams I have represent overall lack of control

stuff like uncontrollably pulling out my teeth, yelling at people, running from someone, yet not moving at all, etc.

Kyrodo

Chaos
Throughout my life so far, I have had two particular recurring dreams whenever I had a fever.

Third person. I'm in an alien world in a rocky barren desert with large boulders and canyons. I'm running away from these scorpion-like creatures that are like three times my size. First person. I'm running down hill as they start to catch up, than these large boulders start crashing down around me, violently bouncing rolling down hill with rocks flying everywhere. As I see the boulders crumbling and rolling downhill, I feel extremely sick, thirsty, and hot. I wake up and that happens to be the case. My mouth turns out to be extremely dry. Even while I head down to get a drink though, I can still pseudo-see the crumbling rocks at a corner of my vision, usually because my head is so fuzzy that I have to force myself to keep focused on reality. This dream hasn't happened that frequently, but it only shows up when I have a particularly bad fever.

Third person. I'd be walking on the sidewalk along what looks a lot like a main street nearby against a brick wall. I'm eating off a green lollipop while doing so. First person. Suddenly a door opens up on the side of the brick wall and some invisible force pulls me in. The inside of it is completely different from outside. It looks like the inside of a giant cylindrical tower filled with millions of arches and levels, but the inside of this tower is completely hollowed out. So there's an endless abyss below, and there is no visible ceiling. It's also somewhat dark, but bright enough to see. Suddenly an inconceivably massive, almost cosmic, monster rises out of the abyss. I can't see much of it because it's rapidly rising point blank in front of me. It's scaly and serpent-like with many many spikes. A single step forward and it would be the end of me for sure. I feel this immense feeling of dread as the view forcefully turns upwards and starts rising with it, but a slower pace to where it's spikes are still rapidly rising right in front of me. Then I get a sudden sharp falling sensation and I wake up with start. While I recap the dream afterwards, the lollipop portion in particular makes me feel sick to my stomach. This dream in particular almost always shows up whenever I get a fever, but just like the first dream, it never shows up otherwise.

General-jwj

I think I'm getting too worked up about the next Homestuck update ...

I dreamed I was walking in the Liège city center, then saw a book store I didn't recognize, and when I walked in I saw loads of Homestuck books on the shelves. I then proceeded to have a very interesting conversation about the webcomic with the store owner and brought all of the books.

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
I dreamed that my disease had disappeared. I was not particularly happy when I woke up.

There were also extra-dimensional colony spiders trying to kidnap my family to take back to their nest. That part not being true was kind of a relief.

TechnoGypsy

Gentlecolts...
I had a pretty amazing one just an hour ago ago.

My family and I, along with Applejack and another farm pony, travelled to this resort located in this forest. After finding our rather fancy cabin we went trick or treating around the other cabins. The cabins were set up so that each group of three had this multi-level balcony above it that was only accessible by jumping up 3 stories. I managed to get up there just to scare some people for money (Trick or treating for money!), then the action happened.
A military side of the resort suddenly existed, and a general began warning everyone that there was a heavy ground assault incoming. What made matters worse was that a thick fog was closing in, obscuring the top of this forest mountain. No-one seemed shocked at this news, instead everyone (Including the ponies) jumped up onto the balconies to watch the attack. I was called up to help this person with this four-barrelled artillery unit, what I had to do was pull one of the barrels back (until I heard a 'click') so he could fire. They weren't heavy, but just enough to prove a challenge. He told me to do the top left one, and I did, but as soon as I did, this crazy missile came screaming out of the fog and made a bee-line towards out resort. The man fired, hit the missile, and it fell into the forest without exploding.
This happened several times, but I only used to top left-hand barrel, and every time he managed to hit this missile dead on.
Then he almost slipped up, he shot one too late and it crashed into the ground right next to me, and I could clearly see that it was 11m in length. A roar reverberated from the sky, and the general (Who had become Applejack, said "This is no land based attack!" And at that moment the fog moved and a huge mechanical wingless dragon/discord well over 400m tall stood there. Taking a bit of intiative I pulled back ALL the barrels for the man to shoot. He turned around and told me to pull them back again, to reach the second 'click'. That took more effort but I could feel the power emanating from the gun. But instead of shooting at the incoming monster, he jumped out and ran off into the forest behind us. I thought for a second wether or not to fire the guns myself, but chose not to and jumped onto the balcony with everyone else. The plan was that the giant discord/dragon (Which was shrinking by the moment) would attack or step on the artillery, and destroy itself in the process.

I don't think it ever did, I spent the last remaining minutes of the dream trying to find a better viewpoint to watch the expected explosion.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Quite often in my dreams, upcoming events occur and go terribly

Or it's of the weekend

Then I wake up and I'm all like "SATURDAY FUCK YEAH SCREW YOU ALARM AW YE-nvm, it's friday"

I had a dream where the marching season was already over, and was so convinced by it that i almost forgot about the afterschool sectional >_<