• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The end of an era

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
I can't deal with this. I just can't deal with it.

Then go away

rainbow-with-clouds-clipart-jTxE6jrec.jpeg

Rassah

Little boys found a new toy. But don't worry. They'll get bored with it, and will go away to play with something else eventually.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I'm both, and that's completely untrue.

Duh, that's because if you multiply two negatives you get a positive.

An HIV positive. OH!

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Die cis scum

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I dunno, what monetary gain will IMVU get from reopening the forums? I get the feeling they'll focus on the main site instead.
it's not so much about the monetary gain rather than to have a better hub for social interaction. the forums have always been a separate entity anyway

Runefox

it's not so much about the monetary gain rather than to have a better hub for social interaction. the forums have always been a separate entity anyway

I don't really think that's on their radar.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
So what all drama went on for this to happen? I'm not really part of the main site and don't talk to people outside of this forum. This whole shitfest is honestly a big surprise right now.

Runefox

So what all drama went on for this to happen? I'm not really part of the main site and don't talk to people outside of this forum. This whole shitfest is honestly a big surprise right now.

As best as I can tell, Kalmor stepped down, got banned from both the main site and forums for I guess violating the NDA? And Renashe got the axe too for reasons I'm not entirely up on. There's an imgur thread with all of it screencapped somewhere... Anyway, TL;DR all the mods quit.

Runefox

So for real what will happen to the forums?

My two cents are already on the table. Willow seems to think it'll just go down a while so they can prune this stuff and put up new mods. I think that it'll start that way, but "a while" will become "indefinitely" by sheer force of the glacial pace anything ever happens on FA. That and the lack of monetary value for IMVU.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
in the words of bender

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
As best as I can tell, Kalmor stepped down, got banned from both the main site and forums for I guess violating the NDA? And Renashe got the axe too for reasons I'm not entirely up on. There's an imgur thread with all of it screencapped somewhere... Anyway, TL;DR all the mods quit.
Bummer :(

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
I remember a TF2 server I used to frequently play on. The server owner separated from the admin team, and the admins claimed they would figure out a way to get a new server. This happened a year ago, and there is still no new server. I hope this is not the fate FAF faces, as I have loved coming here to chat with you guys. I have met so many wonderful people, and I would hate for communication to break down. Hang in there, FAF.

jtrekkie

Feathered
Na na na na.
Na na na na.
Hey hey hey

Goodbye.

Maugryph

I remember a TF2 server I used to frequently play on. The server owner separated from the admin team, and the admins claimed they would figure out a way to get a new server. This happened a year ago, and there is still no new server. I hope this is not the fate FAF faces, as I have loved coming here to chat with you guys. I have met so many wonderful people, and I would hate for communication to break down. Hang in there, FAF.

I agree. There are so many wonderful people here. I don't want to see it die. But I have a backup plan to go to weasyl if anything happens. It's been taking me a forever to upload all my artwork on to it.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
I agree. There are so many wonderful people here. I don't want to see it die. But I have a backup plan to go to weasyl if anything happens. It's been taking me a forever to upload all my artwork on to it.
I too created a Weasyl, but it will be a bitch trying to find everyone from here. Some, like Pastry or WolfNight, don't have profile links anywhere.