• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The end of an era

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
>all mods vanish
>threads breaking the rules are being posted everywhere
>Runefox and Xopachi reappear on FAF forums
WILL SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Has hell frozen over?
...In any case, this is a sad turn of events. I don't want to see this community die. There are a great many people here who I'm fond of and its always been nice hanging out with you all on these forums. If these forums die, well...I hope that I'll see a lot of you around, perhaps elsewhere. Weasyl seems the popular choice. Still, should this be the last time I ever see some of you guys...I'll miss you. Its been a fun ride and you all have been a wonderful community.

Off topic:
Also hi Runefox. Haven't seen you around much, not even on Weasyl. Cool seeing you around. I uh...I wanted to apologize if I have ever said anything to offend you or ever said anything wrong or done anything upsetting. For some reason I've felt I did that at some point in time.

EDIT: I want my last post to be praising Gurren Lagann. So...uh...Gurren Lagann is amazing! (if this winds up being the last post here)

EDIT2: What's going on here...
https://twitter.com/Tantroo_McNally/status/633863377870323712

Last edited:

shiy0

A.K.A the greeting wolf
*got up*
*starts laptop and goes on faf after done with everything else*
*stares confused at the screen* wtf guys?

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I...I just freakin' joined. What the fuck. Where do I go?

What do I do?
Wait to see what happens. Or go to Weasyl. Or both.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I don't even think this place will go down. People are blowing this out of proportions.
If I had to fix this, I'd shut it down for a day or two, purge a fair number of threads and posts and then bring it back and be a nazi about everything posted here for a few weeks and then let things slide back to normal.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I don't even think this place will go down. People are blowing this out of proportions.
If I had to fix this, I'd shut it down for a day or two, purge a fair number of threads and posts and then bring it back and be a nazi about everything posted here for a few weeks and then let things slide back to normal.

You're forgetting that there is no moderation staff outside of people who really don't (or shouldn't) have time to deal with this nonsense. It's redirecting resources away from main operations, which means that by way of shitposting, this forum has managed to directly cost IMVU money.

But I'm sure Mr. Durrett will be happy to ride this out.

RTDragon

RTP User
But I'm sure Mr. Durrett will be happy to ride this out.

Or Neer getting fired in the process.

Though one thing i have done was make a sketchbook as one of the fomer mods Arshes Nei Suggested. Keeping it up for this long despite not really updating it as often due to multitasking. But i am happy i've been here this long in the art shack section.
It is sad that all good things must come to an end. But this was coming at the rate of then years of broken promises and general laziness. FA is falling apart, mainsite and forums.

Judge Spear

Also keep in mind the bullshit involving actually modding this joint. Photo ID and an NDA? Who wants to deal with that?

Runefox

Also keep in mind the bullshit involving actually modding this joint. Photo ID and an NDA? Who wants to deal with that?
[yt]bFEoMO0pc7k[/yt]

Runefox

Neer shot himself in the foot on that one...

Part of me wants to believe that this was intentional, and this "running of the bulls" was expected such that excuses to make sweeping changes and/or close the forums "temporarily" (permanently) could be made.

Then I remembered that Dragoneer's planning ability only goes out to about 5 femtoseconds.

L

LizardKing

Speaking of IMVU profits and the end of an era, I might DFE so they can't make any more money off of my stuff (advertising) if this all goes to hell.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Well damn...I knew FAF was going to shit but this is ridiculous...seems like everything's getting there these days.

I met some cool people here...and I'm going to miss all the old faces. Hopefully I'll still see you chaps around I've got skype and such furfags.

I'll probably go to waste my time elsewhere now

'twas a fun endeavor while it lasted, got to write brain words out into the abyss of the interwebs and it was rather cathartic

Whatever happens, best to you all <3
I too created a Weasyl, but it will be a bitch trying to find everyone from here. Some, like Pastry or WolfNight, don't have profile links anywhere.

Dude I've marked my territory as WolfNightV4X1 nearly everywhere on the internet...just for the hell of it. It's there on weasyl

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
eversleep is my minion and I summoned him to greet you all on this highway to hell

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I don't think FAF will die any time soon.
But it's sad to see this place crash and burn like this.