• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Erection... er Election...

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Although it certainly feels like an erection.. a bunch of them. A bunch of giant pensies waving and swinging at each other... that's today's politics.

Well enough of that gay imagery, before I get someone here excited... what did you guys think of the results of the US elections? Are we fucked or what?

The senate is now in control of Republicans. Despite Congress having it's lowest approval rating ever, and people complaining of gridlock, most dumbass 'murricans elected the same dumbfucks all over again. Seriously? Apparently people were bought in by Republicans ramping up fear of Ebola and ISIS and thought they'd be the best ones to protect them from those imaginary threats. Not to mention Koch money behind every Republican.

And you can't blame me, I voted against the incumbents on my ballot and voted in fresh new blood for everything.

My hope would be that Congress and Obama could work together, but when your campaign is based off of the idea that Obama is satan himself, it's hard to believe anything will happen. Congress will probably pass stupid laws, Obama will veto them, and nothing will get done as usual.

I think I'm okay with IS nuking the entire country. It would remove a lot of stupid from the planet.

Last edited:

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
We were fucked from the moment we decided to spare millions of traitors in the 19th century.
At least my state, despite electing a Republican, still told the Tea Party to fuck itself.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Uhhh... ISIS is "imaginary"?

I don't know what planet you live on, but here on Earth, we live in the real world. Either you haven't been paying attention to the last six years, or...? Really, I wanna know what planet you live on, so I don't make the mistake of going there, even if only on vacation.

Remember, "Stupid is as stupid does."

So if you want stupid, fine. Wait and see, however, if stupid is indeed done as time wends its way forward. Or perhaps a good book would help you to forget everything. I plan to sit back with a hot cup of tea, all ready for the movie to start. I've heard it got great reviews.

SparkyWolf

I can't believe that the do-nothing House of Representatives got re-elected. I know that they'll try to repeal "Obama Care", Which if successful will make Low-income families pay far more for there health insurance. Disgusting.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Uhhh... ISIS is "imaginary"?

I don't know what planet you live on, but here on Earth, we live in the real world. Either you haven't been paying attention to the last six years, or...? Really, I wanna know what planet you live on, so I don't make the mistake of going there, even if only on vacation.

Remember, "Stupid is as stupid does."

So if you want stupid, fine. Wait and see, however, if stupid is indeed done as time wends its way forward. Or perhaps a good book would help you to forget everything. I plan to sit back with a hot cup of tea, all ready for the movie to start. I've heard it got great reviews.

Yes, but Republicans have lately run on this idea that ISIS is kicking down our back door and everyone's going to die of Ebola, when both threats are minor to the homeland.

And when did you get let back in?

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
I don't like either side, but I'm kind of happy the Republicans won so much shit, because I enjoy the aftermath

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Yes, but Republicans have lately run on this idea that ISIS is kicking down our back door and everyone's going to die of Ebola, when both threats are minor to the homeland.

And when did you get let back in?

Minor now. If you haven't noticed, ISIS is growing, and they're recruiting in America... not to mention other parts of the world. Ebola? I didn't mention that, did I? Messy, yes, but not anywhere near as bad as ISIS. Besides which, we're having much better success at dealing with it than with global terrorism, at present.

As for me being "let back in", I was never let out to begin with, I just had to move when my mother came down with breast cancer, ended up permanently in a care home, and I had to move. Given I was her live-in caretaker. Given I couldn't afford the rent and didn't need a place for two anymore, anyway. Lost my home internet, so I'm stuck on a library computer, when I have time to use one. So I can't be here every day, like I used to. But hey, yeah... I'm enjoying this little discussion, thanks to you. Long time, no see.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
I'm too stoned on my now-legal weed to answer this question.

Might as well snack on food that may or may not be GMOs...

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
I feel like trying to blame any one party for the state of the country is kind of naive. "Liberals"/"Conservatives". Blahblah whatever the fuck. All I know if that more taxes have been taken out of my check since Yo-Bamacare, nothing is cheaper, and my health care sure damn isn't. Maybe instead of trying to take the two worst shit ends of a privatized and standardized health care systems to combine them to make an even huger pile of shit, more effort and energies could've gone into reforming the system we had in place. Getting rid of price gouging, equal care for those who can't afford, etc.

Instead we've got the worst of two worlds. Of course the repubs gouged the shit out of the bill and fucked it over. What did anyone expect? Our two parties to actually get along and do what was best for the people? To find the actual problem and solve some shit?

I'd like to call myself a democrat or a republican or a liberal or a conservative, but I'm not so stupid as to believe that either side is any one whole good for the county. All 'liberal' actually means is open to new ideas. 'Conservatism' is the conservation of old ideas. We could definitely use both in the sense of holding onto the ideals that have gotten our country this far, while evolving to be something bigger and better.

But why focus on the problem of a dedicated two-party system when you can just say, "Fuck those other guys?"

I hate talking politics so much. I go and cast my shitty vote and people bitch about how Demos/Repubs are ruining the country, when in fact it's simply the broken people scrambling in a broken system to get theirs before their voter's finally get tired of their shit.

This country is only gonna get better with a hard reset. I guarantee it.

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
I'm too stoned on my now-legal weed to answer this question.

Might as well snack on food that may or may not be GMOs...

Genetic engineering

*strikes a pose*

is our future!

This country is only gonna get better with a hard reset. I guarantee it.

This post reeks of anarchy and I love it

We'll gather our forces at the Alamo, it'll be symbolic and ironic and I love this plan already

Last edited:

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
This post reeks of anarchy and I love it

We'll gather our forces at the Alamo, it'll be symbolic and ironic and I love this plan already

I'd be down for this except that, uhh, everyone died at that shindig. Don't want to do the whole history repeat.

No, what we'll do is lure everyone down to San Jacinto and then wait until they lay down in a field for their afternoon nap and THEN attack.

jtrekkie

Feathered
I'd be down for this except that, uhh, everyone died at that shindig. Don't want to do the whole history repeat.
Not everyone, Senora. But yeah, put me down for San Jacinto.

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove

No, what we'll do is lure everyone down to San Jacinto and then wait until they lay down in a field for their afternoon nap and THEN attack.

Good idea! I'll be the one to lure them out there, because I invested most of my skill points in Speech and I don't have any combat-related perks, unless you count the +1 PER bonus I get from wearing glasses

If you think I'm implying WMDs may be involved by all these Fallout references, quite possibly

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
While it's not surprising to me at all (Seriously, you expected "Choakley" to win in Mass? Da fuq?) considering its the 6 term and everyone thinks its all Obama's fault despite things surprisingly not being shit including the AHA when you actually look at how much our economy has improved and how healthcare overall is available....really Kansas??? You re-elected the governor that said "Cutting taxes will solve everything", and managed to take your state from balancing the budget to getting your credit rating downgraded twice THIS YEAR? Fucking idiots. Also, I love Arkansas, where they both raised the minimum wage and elected a governor who will basically represents the exact opposite of that? And Walker....sigh....This is why I love living in the Northeast so much. I can understand why you need your guns so much; you're basically planning on turning the Central US into Mad Max territory...

I'm kind of ok on the effect this will have with foreign policy because, let's face it, like most Democrats Obama sucks on this whether it's Iran or Russia or Israel. I do worry about the EPA though, cause these Republicans basically want us to be like China, and I like the sun. I really really like having a nice sun and air that I can breath without, y'know, getting cancer. Also, maybe we can try to see if the AHA can work, cause it kind of is? It's not great, which is unsurprising with the Republicans being there, but...y'know, it's a lot better than our old system where hospitals would dump people in the streets.

I'm just glad I'm not a woman in Texas or Mississippi right now. Enjoy having your teen pregnancy rate skyrocket and your GDP going even further down! I bet they'll start banning alcohol again soon...

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Oh yay politics, Can we have a dog supreme court instead? The country would be a nice place

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I'm kind of ok on the effect this will have with foreign policy because, let's face it, like most Democrats Obama sucks on this whether it's Iran or Russia or Israel. I do worry about the EPA though, cause these Republicans basically want us to be like China, and I like the sun.
That the fuckwits still think that their opinions mean anything compared to those of the global scientific community is an embarrassment to the entire country.

Ieono

Uberaffe
The only thing politics is good for in this country is making people feel like they have a say in anything.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
The only thing politics is good for in this country is making people feel like they have a say in anything.

People have a lot of say on the local level...but once you get to state level and up... yea :\ thats when you have little influence in the matter unless you're a union or large corporation.

Ieono

Uberaffe
People have a lot of say on the local level...but once you get to state level and up... yea :\ thats when you have little influence in the matter unless you're a union or large corporation.

That's true; local government is definitely still alive and well. But at the state and national level, I see a breakdown of what I like to call "sensible government." I wish that people understood that corruption isn't just putting money into the pockets of elected officials...

I just don't feel that corporatocracy is very conducive to efficiently-run national government, that works in the interest of all class groups.

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
I just don't feel that corporatocracy is very conducive to efficiently-run national government, that works in the interest of all class groups.

You won't find someone who says they do, either, unless they add a haughty snort of laughter immediately afterwards and pull out a wad of money to blow their nose on

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
We can always move to Canada...

Nikolinni

Niko Linni
None of the big things will change. The only thing that changed is the letters in control. That is, R's controlling Congress. But that doesn't matter; none of the huge issues will change. Will still have the drug war, an inefficient taxing system, police brutality, inefficient spending, getting dragged into foreign conflicts, bigger government, the surveillance state increasing, and so on. The only real question is if the lesser of two evils is in office.

But alas, a vote for the lesser, or greater, of two evils is still a vote for evil.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I find this part really ironic considering your "location".

America voted, they got what they wanted, vocal minority is upset, and this happens every time there are elections.
And the perpetual loop repeats itself once more.

Phyllostachys

Feigning intelligence
Minor now. If you haven't noticed, ISIS is growing, and they're recruiting in America... not to mention other parts of the world. Ebola? I didn't mention that, did I? Messy, yes, but not anywhere near as bad as ISIS. Besides which, we're having much better success at dealing with it than with global terrorism, at present.

I know this is deviating from topic, but well….

I think you should consider that unlike al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations, ISIS, by declaring caliphate, is actively denying Westphalian sovereignty of other Arab and Muslim states and thus they have every reason to stop them as well. Though they were able to take over war ridden and weakened Syria and Iraq, their ability to expand beyond that is doubtful. If they are very lucky, then they might be able to overrun Arabian Peninsula, with their corrupt rulers and dogmatist population, but that would be it. Iran is ready to strike them, Turkey will strike once ISIS weakens the Kurds sufficiently, and Egyptians won't remain idle when ISIS expands to their borders. And with their combined military power, ISIS will be suppressed easily.

I think rest of the world should just let the Middle Easterns to solve this ISIS problem on their own. I think, this is perhaps the only chance for Sunni Islam, which remained largely stagnated ever since its conception in 7th century due to its doctrines that actively refuse reformations, to either reform itself(though there will be question on whether a reformed Islam can be considered Islam, considering that their raison d'etre was because other Abrahamic religions were “corrupted” from their original form) or loose it’s influence to slightly better(only because they allow at least a modicum of change and minimum reinterpretation) alternative of Shia Islam. Western interference will only cause resentment against outsiders to these people, which will in turn fuel Islamist movements, in a vicious circle.

And really, the real enemy that USA must be focused on now is China, not Russia or ISIS, if they wish to maintain their current status in global politics.