• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The essence of being a furry

Draco_2k

Rawr.
I saw that CSI episode, you know *that* one. To be honest thats how I discovered furries in the first place so I suppose some good came out of it:). Initially, I'll admit that the show influenced my opinions but I soon realised that it represented only a sub-section of the fandom, and even then they were probably misrepresented or exaggerated.
No such thing as bad publicity eh. :D

Well, welcome, anyway. Having people that are capable of doing their own research around is always nice.

~secret~

Banned
Banned
No such thing as bad publicity eh. :D

Well, welcome, anyway. Having people that are capable of doing their own research around is always nice.

Heh, thanks. It's a shame CSI wouldn't do an episode about the average furry, but that'd probably make for poor ratings.

What am I talking about? I dont even like CSI, and I pray I never will.

SpaderG

thinks Jesus was a comedian.
I don't like anything on TV unless it's on TV land or it's Sinefeld.

SpaderG

-_- Okay. I remember reading somewhere "Stargate" and "Biggest Nerd" in the same sentence.

Draco_2k

Rawr.
Heh, thanks. It's a shame CSI wouldn't do an episode about the average furry, but that'd probably make for poor ratings.

What am I talking about? I dont even like CSI, and I pray I never will.
Yeah, that's mass media alright. Don't think I've ever seen a single episode of that myself though.

-_- Okay. I remember reading somewhere "Stargate" and "Biggest Nerd" in the same sentence.
Surely you mean "Star Trek".

SpaderG

Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate, It's all been seen that way.

SpaderG

-_- Yep. Enjoy the trophy.

Draco_2k

Rawr.
Hey, that's not true. Some words are complicated. Look up the dictionary meaning for Set!
That's just different meanings, each with a simple explanation. :p

If you want truly "complicated" words, you'll have to dig all the way down into slang terms, e.g. "Self-Shadowed Normal Mapping." Misunderstandings are much more common - just look at what qualities people come up for a word "Belief", then compare it to it's real meaning.

Etc.

Draco_2k

Rawr.
The fact that it has so many meanings makes it complicated.
Fine.

Like, a complicated emotion is one comprised of many emotions like angry/sad/happy/worried. Being angry is simple, but being four different emotions at once isn't.
Not fine.

You're only using one meaning of "set" at the time - or at least you're supposed to, as doing otherwise would provide an ambiguous statement. Good for poetry, bad for making others understand what the hell are you going on about.

~secret~

Banned
Banned
Back from my post-afternoon sleep, and I'm still here. For all those who have never seen Stargate SG-1, I recommend a watch 'cause Richard Dean Anderson is hilarious most of the time.

Getting back on-topic, anymore thoughts on what it is to be a furry?

ZeeDog

That doesn't work. Being a Christian is not an ideal - it's about holding certain beliefs. Being a sinless Christian who ultimately goes to heaven, etc. - that's an ideal.

You're confusing holding certain ideals with actually being ideal.

Actually, the ideal would be Jesus. If you hold him and his teachings as an ideal, and you're christian, fundamentally. You can be flawed in practice, and be chrsitian, fundamentally.

Also, Europe sucks o_o