• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Expanse

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I tried to get into it, but even after 6 episodes I just wasn't feeling it, and normally I like good sci-fi.

Can't explain why it didn't grab me...all the elements I like were there but something just bored me show to show. I found by the end of what I was watching, I just honestly didn't care about anyone's plots or characters at all. Maybe it got better after I quit, or it was too slow a burn, dunno.

Connery

I like em thicc - more melon is always etter
I tried to get into it, but even after 6 episodes I just wasn't feeling it, and normally I like good sci-fi.

Can't explain why it didn't grab me...all the elements I like were there but something just bored me show to show. I found by the end of what I was watching, I just honestly didn't care about anyone's plots or characters at all. Maybe it got better after I quit, or it was too slow a burn, dunno.
Tbh, it's definitely a slow burn. Imo, the second season is really where it all gets interesting, with a good spike in the second half of S3 and the whole of S4, end included (oof!).

I really love it for its realistic style tbh, but now as you say it, there really isn't a whole lot of character progression - or maybe just enough to keep it close to reality

WitherSDL

CEO of SDL

It's a slow burn show... It's honestly the best sci-fi series I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Amos in particular is a fucking amazing character / actor.

"You're not that the guy. I'm that guy."

Zara the Hork-Bajir

Totally love that show, I like the lower tech space setting, where the lack of artificial gravity really plays into the plot well.

And the setup for prejudices between Earth, Mars and the Belt just show how people will carry their prejudices pretty much anywhere. Though it seems like the Belters were just complaining all the time about how hard done by they were.

Amos in particular is a fucking amazing character / actor.

"You're not that the guy. I'm that guy."

Yes Amos is probably the best character in the show, though I think Alex was a close second.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I like Amos, but Holden is my favorite despite his naivete.

The series in general is one of my favorite space operas because it focuses on human characters and issues. The science is a bit iffy, but it still says somewhat consistent. I'd recommend the books for sure.

MagnusLucra

Magnus Lucra - BUSINESS WOLF
I like Amos, but Holden is my favorite despite his naivete.

The series in general is one of my favorite space operas because it focuses on human characters and issues. The science is a bit iffy, but it still says somewhat consistent. I'd recommend the books for sure.

Amos is my primary motivation for watching this show.
While I don't relate to him myself, he's the kind of friend I like to have, and he reminds me of so many of my college bros.

Besides that I'm waiting for an Elon Musk cameo or Easter egg.
That would make my day.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Amos is my primary motivation for watching this show.
While I don't relate to him myself, he's the kind of friend I like to have, and he reminds me of so many of my college bros.

Besides that I'm waiting for an Elon Musk cameo or Easter egg.
That would make my day.
I heard Jeff Bezos is a fan of the series and was instrumental in saving it.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm wondering what they are going to do for the final season. Will they adapt all the remaining books or just Babylon's Ashes? Maybe they'll have a new series for the remaining three books?

WitherSDL

CEO of SDL
I heard Jeff Bezos is a fan of the series and was instrumental in saving it.
That just makes me thing anything that comes from it is gonna suck >.< Hope for the best though!

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
That just makes me thing anything that comes from it is gonna suck >.< Hope for the best though!
The adaptation has been pretty decent so far and if anything, the handover from Syfy improved the production values. I'd recommend the series, but read the books first.

WitherSDL

CEO of SDL
The adaptation has been pretty decent so far and if anything, the handover from Syfy improved the production values. I'd recommend the series, but read the books first.
Glad to hear. Some of my other friends have said similar things too. I definitely need to get caught up.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I haven't read the books but I love the series! Amos is my favorite character by far.