• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

the fa forum change

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOLFIE DA FOX

I AM DA PHOX HERO!
anyone else hate the new forum?
it's like a huge newpaper now and very confuseing too.
I liked the old one it was much more simple and easier to navigate but now
you can get lost XD

Zentio

Fluffy Bunbutts
Eh I'm used to forums changing whenever I get used to them. So this was no surprise.

I'll just have to get used to this now.

I miss the quick post option :(

*gnaws on the new fourm, with rage*

WOLFIE DA FOX

I AM DA PHOX HERO!
it took me 5 minutes to find the profile edit thing :(

I

Ishnuvalok

Meh, I think it's ok. The only annoying thing I've found is that the "recent thread/google ads and stats" are on the left side of the page. Annoys the hell out of me. Oh yeah a doesn't work.

Arc

Grim's Delicate Flower
Feels a bit uncomfortable right now...but I thing I will get used to it pretty fast.
I also like the new Fender banner so much, that I don't really care about the negative things. ;3

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
The ads at the top freak me out. I mean, fox fur coats?!

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
you can get lost XD
It's that bloody Side bar that's doing it.
Quick post is still here, no ad's are coming up for me yet :S

Grimfang

I think I'll get used to it. But my 'quote multiple' button disappeared. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm guessing I somehow toggled something that changed it.. :\

I do like how you can go from quick post to advanced without losing what you started. I don't think the old forum had that. Only a minor thing, but I know I always wished there was an easy way to switch (besides omg I have to copy paste), and it's come in handy several times already.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
It's that bloody Side bar that's doing it.
The changes will take some getting used to, but I think with the addition of the "Recent Threads" and "Similar Threads" functionality it'll help spur discussion more over time.

It's not TOO different to the old forums.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
I can't get the sig image to work, I tried BBCode and it says that doesn't work with images so thats the reason, I tried HTML again its not allowed and doesn't work of course, and finally the uploading or linking to a image dose nothing it puts one there but not in my sig, I can't figure this out.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I can't get the sig image to work, I tried BBCode and it says that doesn't work with images so thats the reason, I tried HTML again its not allowed and doesn't work of course, and finally the uploading or linking to a image dose nothing it puts one there but not in my sig, I can't figure this out.
BBCode works with images in signatures now, so that should be ok. Give it another try? Also, please keep in mind that there are limits imposed on sig-images now of 600x150. This was done due to the tendency of the old forums to have... uhm, sigs which were longer than most average posts.

Preyfar Test

I am a test bot. Beep.

Quaidis

Is there any way to change the page skin? I liked the blue design over the gray one, as the gray one is a tad hard to read. But I cannot find a way to change skins yet.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
BBCode works with images in signatures now, so that should be ok. Give it another try? Also, please keep in mind that there are limits imposed on sig-images now of 600x150. This was done due to the tendency of the old forums to have... uhm, sigs which were longer than most average posts.

Thanks at lot hun! my image is like 20kb, 500x100 so no issue <3 but again thanks for fixing that!

Last edited:

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Is there any way to change the page skin? I liked the blue design over the gray one, as the gray one is a tad hard to read. But I cannot find a way to change skins yet.
Not yet. I am working on building lighter skins for the site. It'll be a few days for the first one; probably about Wednesday.

Quaidis

Not yet. I am working on building lighter skins for the site. It'll be a few days for the first one; probably about Wednesday.

Spiffy; I'll come back and frequent FA on Wednesday then, or in the future - however long it takes.

I also find the left sidebar distracting as it scrunches in the posts on the right, but if there's nothing that can be done about it, I can live.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
you can get lost XD

Yes, myBB is gone :( Now there are google ads are here to entertain me? No! I want myBB back not this :(

lolcox

I'm kind of yell-y. Sorry.
Sidebar must go. Much loathing for said sidebar. Put the junk back at the bottom where it belongs, or give an option to allow that to happen.

For a 1024 x 768 display using larger fonts than what you set in the theme, this gives me a horizontal scrollbar.

Meh, might get unlazy enough to just write a stylish style to fix this...

ADF

As I said elsewhere I miss being able to click one url and seeing every recent thread spread over three pages. I'm sure there has got to be a similar feature on here somewhere, I just cannot find it. It is annoying to keep a tab open for every section to check for anything new.

Plus dark grey forum is depressing, still looking for the theme changer.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
As I said elsewhere I miss being able to click one url and seeing every recent thread spread over three pages. I'm sure there has got to be a similar feature on here somewhere, I just cannot find it. It is annoying to keep a tab open for every section to check for anything new.
What button link was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.