• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The FAF Christmas Gift Circle

Cocobanana

Brink's only $5 on Steam this weekend for any generous furs who'd like to give games. And I'm sure there'll be plenty of deals in the days to come. Watch for the multi-packs, they're the best deals imho.

Some people don't have/want Steam :p

Also, have you gotten any of my messages about the music? I need your reply soon so I can collect the info and just work on making tunes for people.

Fay V

Lost to this world
I was asked to join, so is there still room?

maybe we could try to group ourselves so people that do know each other can get together and maybe we do a kind of gift art list.

Last edited:

Aikoi

Uhmm.. Well... Nevermind.
Silly Gibby, why you sleep when several people want to join

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
Why not do it as was previously mentioned in groups of 10, but randomise it so it's not based on at which point people signed up. The other suggestion, is to gift within your subgroup as is emant to happen, but you can also chose to do a proper gift for one other person not in your group. Or something. Means you can work on something nice and simple for the majority, and actually put some effort into the proper gift. You'd need to distribute things proper like though, so everyone gets a proper gift. For example, people could note you with who they want to propergift, and that recipient gets removed from the list of possibles, until everyone has a sender.

That way monetary based gifts, games or whatever will be received by all, as well as neat little shit.

Plus, may as well sign up.

I was asked to join, so is there still room?

maybe we could try to group ourselves so people that do know each other can get together and maybe we do a kind of gift art list.

This. I third (or fourth?) the group idea. As it stands I would have to duplicate some drawings or something for people. If it were smaller, it would be doable.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
10 per group might even be pushing it.

Would you say less? Perhaps a shuffle of all the participants into groups of six or something depending on the total number?

Of course it`s the op`s choice but this would convince me to take the plunge. It`s not that I`m lacking in generosity but time is a factor.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Gibby has already mentioned he'll do a first shuffle of the groups on the 10th and then sort the rest as they come =3

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
This looks like a really great idea!

Maybe it'll become an annual thing?
I'd join, but 'nomonies.png'

israfur

YES PLEASE
Popufur is now my favorite word. Is it too late to sign up? ;O
Oh btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAYTON

Elessara

N UR THRED; VORIN MAH PICKEL
I really like the group of ten and one proper gift idea...
To make things less confusing the one proper gift could be just a regular ol' secret santa kinda deal.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
18's a little much, personally, seeing as how I usually am buying for only one or two people in my normal holiday routine. But if it changes to be a bit more manageable, sign me up~

Schwimmwagen

'KAY, UPDATE.

@Deo, Smelge, whatnot - Yes, at the 10th, groups will be shuffled, as Ramsay suggested earlier in the thread. c: You're also welcome to give to those outside of your group group, if you so wish, like, if one of your best buds is not in your group, etc, don't let that stop you.

So I'm now adding:

Smelge
Israfur
Deo
Aden
Fay
Morphology

If I missed anyone, or if I made a mistake and added someone who was only "considering" joining, poke me in the thread/in private, and I'll sort that out for you. c:

EDIT:

That brings us to 24 members! (unless I fail at math)

It looks like the group shuffling is going to be mandatory. This is only the second day of signups, and I imagine that we'd be overflowing at the 20th.

I'd like to ask these questions to the participants:

Should we make the shuffle AND stop taking applications on the 10th?

How many subgroups/people in each subgroup shall there be?

How will the people in each group be chosen?

Also, an idea:

An older member of FAF would likely not be too welcoming to the idea of being placed in a group that contains either people they do not know at all while all their close friends are in a different group. When the shuffle is done, I will PM you the group you're in, with a list of the other people in it. If this is a group you'd much rather not like to be in, I will shuffle you (and only you) again, so you may end up in a "better" group. I will only re-shuffle a member once. Once every member has confirmed if they're happy or not, and done their re-shuffles (if applicable) I will release the full list of all groups and their members to the public, in this thread.

Would that work? Would anyone like to add/change anything?

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

How big will the groups be?
Also... anyone know of any secret santas going on yet? I love those things. :3

I have no idea what secret santa even is, and see my updated post above yours - I'm not sure on how big the groups will be, that will need a vote.

Also, I understand that this "game" is a little bit rocky. If this is done again next year, we will have all these new rules established, helping it run a lot smoother next time.

Elessara

N UR THRED; VORIN MAH PICKEL
Should we make the shuffle AND stop taking applications on the 10th?
Yes

How many subgroups/people in each subgroup shall there be?
10 if it comes out that the last group has at least 7 or 8. If not then try to even out the groups as much as possible...
Example:
With 24 people, with 10 people per group would leave 4 people to the last group, which would be no good.
A better solution would be 3 groups of 8.
With 25 people, 2 groups of 8 one group of 9. etc.
No more than 10 to a group though. Make sense?

How will the people in each group be chosen?
Random.

(Also, an idea)
This could be interesting but I think it could get complicated when someone says they're good with a group but then everyone they like in that group then leaves it... (Actually that could be pretty funny... :p)

I have no idea what secret santa even is
Basically someone gathers a list of people and then once a deadline is met the person running it secretly randomizes the list then puts it next to the original list to see who gets what name.
The person running it then secretly sends everyone the name they ended up next to and then you get that person a gift.
(You can't tell that person you got their name until you unveil their gift to them.)

I would run one myself but no one pays attention to me so I would have a secret santa filled with me, myself and I. (and they HATE my gifts) :/

Last edited:

Jashwa

If someone can give me ideas of little gift things I could do for the majority of group peoples, then I'd be in.

Cocobanana

I understand the fear of not knowing what to get a relative stranger , but I think the 'regulars' shouldn't be so picky. If they want to be sure their friends receive gifts, I mean they're friends, you could get them gifts any time and easily enough. I thought part of the point of this 'game' was to show kindness towards everyone, regardless of how well you know them or how you feel about them.

But I dun care much what group I'm put into, I want to give/make something for everybody so it's not just cause I want to be put in a certain group either :p

But yes I think it should be completely random.

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

If someone can give me ideas of little gift things I could do for the majority of group peoples, then I'd be in.

Personally, I'd suggest virtual cards. o: There are sites that you can use to make them, or you could just do a little MSpaint magic, I dunno.

I understand the fear of not knowing what to get a relative stranger what to get, but I think the 'regulars' shouldn't be so picky. If they want to be sure their friends get gifts, I mean they're friends, you could get them gifts any time and easily enough. I thought part of the point of this 'game' was to show kindness towards everyone, regardless of how well you know them or how you feel about them.

Regardless of what group I'm put into, I want to give/make something for everybody so it's not just cause I want to be put in a certain group either :p

But yes I think it should be completely random.

This is a very valid point, actually. I think that when the groups are sorted, there must be a mix of friends and new people for each person in that group, otherwise it'd turn out to be "newbie group" and "oldfag group" which would kinda suck. So, everyone in the group should have at least one or two friends in that group + the rest being "new" people. That is the point of this, after all, expanding horizons and stuff.

Also @Elessara, I think 7 or 8 people per group would work pretty OK. It's sizeable enough, yet not too big. Maybe 6 could be another good choice, but we'll have to see.

Corto

Did you even read what Gibby has posted?

Also fuck the 10th. I say stop taking applications, like, tomorrow.