• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The fandom will improve your life

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Lots of amusement.

And I suppose collars/tails/ears as fashion statements, though I don't wear any of those myself. I like the idea of it though (despite it looking stupid and being faggy)

BINKS_Wolf

For me the fandom has opened me up more as a person. I act and behave in a way suited up that I would not normally do.
The fandom has introduced me to a variety of amazing people (artists, writers, film makers, ect) who most I can call as a friend. The acceptance that the fandom brings to all of those involved is really amazing.

I do however dislike the negative media about being a furry. Only when they start to tell the truth about the fandom will that stop. In the meantime, keep being furry my friends.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
BINKS, there is less negative media about Furry than any other "major" fandom, you'll get more flak from being a gamer or tabletop player than you will for being Furry.

Anyways, Furry in general is one of those hobbies that doesn't have much room to improve your life, barring a few niches. Furry, Brony, Otaku, they don't exactly (in general) broaden your horizons in any way except beyond giving you some form of entertainment and a new topic for discussion. You aren't going to find many people who are "improved" by it, and if you do they're usually not the good type of "improved" (more the type that when you think of the improvement you're alarmed by what is implied pre-fandom membership).

Slighted

If the fandom has taught me anything, its how to close browser windows very quickly.

gokorahn

Fluffiness level: 9002
The fandom helped me be less anti-social. I went from being as silent as a rock to somewhat talkative. it also helped me discover that I like drawing, and that I suck less at it that I thought.

ZeekWeasel

I AM WEASEL!
The fandom has shown me the wonder of techno music and has helped me learn to draw. I've taught art since I've started drawing furry stuff. Also, all the art requests are pretty fun.

Also, all the lawls. Although it is mostly a joke, furries do ruin everything. My friends and I have ruined and corrupted other friends to the point that it's hard not to laugh when they something unlike their normal selves.

The_Mask

Sly Cooper be sexy
-Showed me there's lots of other crazy people
-I learned that people aren't as scary as I though, they're worse
-I act more like myself in public now/I'm more talkative
-I get to see some awesome art

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
This fandom provides me with better drama than all the world's TV shows combined.

The fandom also produces more Jailhouse Gays faster than China producing shoddy lead-infected goods. :V

DKitty

The Future is Meow
It helped me become the person I really am currently, thus permanently over time quitting DeviantArt, Facebook, GaiaOnline, MySpace, Sheezyart, & all major IM services & dating sites like Flirtomatic.

IMO, FA trumps all other art-related sites, dating sites, & social networks by a long shot.

The only exception is Pounced.org, which was a good furry dating site but it got boring after a while, & all IM services are overrated when you got unlimited everything monthly on a smartphone. :)

Traven V

Luna-tic.
Helped me see that there are other crazy people similar to me XD

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
It helped me become the person I really am currently, thus permanently over time quitting DeviantArt, Facebook, GaiaOnline, MySpace, Sheezyart, & all major IM services & dating sites like Flirtomatic.

IMO, FA trumps all other art-related sites, dating sites, & social networks by a long shot.

The only exception is Pounced.org, which was a good furry dating site but it got boring after a while, & all IM services are overrated when you got unlimited everything monthly on a smartphone. :)
Since when was FA a dating site?

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Furrymate seems like one of the those dark and sad places that you should always avoid.

Bir

Dream a little dream of me..
The fandom has taught me many things.

How to sell my crafts
How not to take things to heart
Because one of the rules is that, you know, all female fuzzy characters are stereotypically beautiful and bodacious and feminine and hot it totally makes me work to be all of those things as well

But most of all

And I am very sorry

It has taught me that I actually am smart and well off, and taught me how to appreciate my love life because most of the fandom tends to be a huge hole of loneliness

Tada!

Bir

Dream a little dream of me..
ilkfgjh;oskuydcfdskghsdghbs

Dude, Pounced is literally the worst thing to come out of the furry fandom

It's the furry Pink Flamingos, in website form

Why would you think that's a good thing

Someone made an account on pounced using my name and character info, and I ALWAYS get creepy messages from people. One person was like "So that conversation was... wow."

I WAS LIKE WTF?!!??! WHAT COVERSATION

Edit: Oh shit. Someone please merge my posts, I don't know how. ;___; I didn't mean to doublepost.