• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The fears and phobias thread

BlitzCo

Zoots Root
My country doesn't have any of those natural disasters so I can't exactly fear them :c

You are lucky. In the United States, there is a large swatch of land known as "tornado alley" it's basically from N Dakota to around the San Antonio area in Texas (it's not exactly decided how much range TA covers but it's usually around that area) I live in southern area of Tornado alley and my house nearly got hit by one a few years ago.

Here is a rare event of a double twister
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V9d7DDQawVE

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I don't have any phobias that I know of yet.

But saying that, I have a huge fear of dying, especially a fear of dying from CJD.

I am also getting more and more fearful of certain situations involving people. I had to get out the car at a drive-through parking bay and ask if my KFC was ready yet since we weren't told whether someone would be out with it or not. That was mortifying. I also had to ask for salt and a plastic fork, this was also mortifying.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Needles

Lightning

That all friction will cease to exist while I'm making a sharp turn in my car and I will plow into a guide rail at full speed sideways.

SirRob

People seeing nothing of value in me, or thinking I'm dumb or just an underaverage person. It really gets to me, because I'm not confident in myself enough to say otherwise.

Luki

Oh, I also fear coming down with an illness such as Alzheimers and completely forgetting everything, or just about anything that would completely mess up my brain and leave me in a vegetative state, or make me lose my sense of self.

I honestly would rather die than have to live in such a state. My grandma had alzheimer's and as it progressed it just kept getting scarier.

Stitchi

I like squares.
Deep water, but mainly rythemic beeping slowly getting faster. Had many dreams about that happening then an explosion. The explosion I was fine with though.

Last edited:

Gator

Uncledaddy
i have a huge fear of being seen as retarded/inept, too. this goes back to my family having treated me that way pretty much since i was old enough to walk and talk. it ruined my life and i'm still fighting the effects of it now, so i'm afraid to do anything wrong or "weird". i am horrified of turning out to be a loser, and i don't ever want to need someone else's help. i avoid talking to my family at all when possible and i don't tell them anything about myself because no matter what it is, they'll think i'm crazy.

I am generally fearful of things/situations that can kill/hurt/maim me (especially bees/wasps), obviously, but as far as specific fears go, I only really have one:

Silence.

It boggles me as much as it boggles other people, but I cannot stand dead silence - Usually within a minute or two of dead silence, I genuinely start to get really stressed, panicky, and have had anxiety/panic attacks before because of it. I've learned to set it up so I always have a means of making noise - Even if it means hamboning some beats on myself or things. It can annoy people, but it's better than a 6'5, 230lb guy having a panic attack!

I do get vertigo, but I am not actually that afraid of heights, I'm more afraid of falling off said high thing because my brain starts to spin and my whole world gets dizzy.

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
Vomit. Minor illness in general (runs, flu, etc). Moths.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
The ocean and everything that lives in it. Its full of monsters. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

Also theme park rides and roller coasters. Especially after watching videos like this. (Mildly NSFW ~ violence)

-Sliqq-

Silo
Being alone ,but not quite autophobia.
Death, not because I'm scared of death itself, but the standing of my soul when I die(heaven or hell)
Random sounds in the middle of the night.
The dark, like pitch black.
My own anger.

There ya go.

Coluth

You are lucky. In the United States, there is a large swatch of land known as "tornado alley" it's basically from N Dakota to around the San Antonio area in Texas (it's not exactly decided how much range TA covers but it's usually around that area) I live in southern area of Tornado alley and my house nearly got hit by one a few years ago.

Here is a rare event of a double twister
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V9d7DDQawVE

Ditto, I watched one destroy a house down the street from where I live. Luckily is was a fairly small one. Only an eF1. We had a eF5 that was one of the largest ones on record a couple of decades ago.

My fears. Ladders, I'm still crippled after a ladder collapsed under me. I've just been given permission to start walking. It's been almost 2 years.
I also have a strange one. Kinda nonsensical if you really think about it. What if all of our existance, what we are, what we were, and what we will be is all just a dream. That we are all just something someone dreamed up. What happens when that person wakes up....

P

Phoenix-Kat

Being put in a mental hospital...
My mom would exploit this whenever I got on her nerves and would say, "I'm going to call 911! or "Do you want to go to the hospital?"

Come to think of it my mom always did exploit my fears to control me. I had a "phobia" of clowns as a kid and when I was in the midst of an autistic meltdown (different than a temper tantrum) she would tell me that she was going to rent a clown suit and dress up in it when I was having a "fit". She adamantly denies this ever happened and for a while I thought it might be a dream or something but the way my mom lies about my psychiatrist telling her I have borderline personality disorder makes me wonder. But when she realized I had one phobia she could exploit like being put in a mental hospital, I wouldn't put it past her for the whole clown thing to be real. Anyhow, my mom exploiting it for her advantage only made it worse. I was first admitted to one when I was nine (but mentally I was more around five or six) and it was the most traumatizing event that ever happened to me. Autism/Asperger's wasn't really that well understood back then in 1996. I had no idea why I was there. I also was sent there when I was sixteen and although it wasn't as traumatic as it was seven years prior, it was still traumatic. I have nightmares to this day.

Fireflies getting into the house/apartment
They are toxic to bearded dragons. No one is sure why but it's suspected to be the chemicals that provide them their bio luminance. If a bearded dragon eats just ONE, it can send them into convulsions and kill them. I have a bearded dragon who insists on "tasting" anything she can.

Last edited by a moderator: