• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Furred Reich

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElioteDarth

514sKZZ6u5L._SY346_.jpg

Did anybody here read this book? If yes, is it well written?

Yes, I know the author is a Nazi fur (at least it seems like). But I saw someone posting it on another site some time ago and wondered if other people here had read it, since you guys are like the biggest furry community I know.

Also I know anything with Nazis is taboo (unless they are the bad guys) so please let's stay on the book.

S

Sagt

514sKZZ6u5L._SY346_.jpg

Yes, I know the author is a Nazi fur (at least it seems like). But I saw someone posting it on another site some time ago and wondered if other people here had read it, since you guys are like the biggest furry community I know.

Also I know anything with Nazis is taboo (unless they are the bad guys) so please let's stay on the book.
Some of the highlights I read from the reviews section on Amazon:
  • "After The Worst Things For Sale panned this one, I really, really wanted to like it...but I just couldn't. The battle scene is action-packed, and does a pretty good job conveying the frantic horror of being under fire (at least to a civilian like me). The problem is, the writing is amateurish at best. There are malapropisms, typos, stilted dialog, and awkward prose (e.g. describing things that are implied by previous statements) everywhere, and it all chipped away at my suspension of disbelief. "
  • "It reads more like a fan fiction than anything serious and runs off alot of assumptions and has one or more unresolved sub plots but otherwise is really easy to read and keeps things interesting."
  • "Boy was I mistaken. This book is terrible. Maybe one of the worse I have try to read. Terrible grammar. Story just lame. Simply put bad."
I'd say that if you're into absurd plots with furry erotica, you should give it a go. Otherwise, I'd suggest that you avoid reading it.

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
Please stop bringing up this thread if you don't like it so no one else has to witness it................ Please?

Sogreth

Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer
It doesn't seem like the type of book I would even read. But if it was, I doubt I would avoid it just because I heard the author is a neo nazi.

But judging by those reviews it doesn't seem too great anyways. Not like I can complain though, I'm probably not much better of a writer lol

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
That's a little concerning that you don't care if you're monetarily supporting people who promote genocide.
Welp, as long as they're harmless and entertaining, I don't see any problem. To be honest, I support and love a lot of artists/musicians/moviemakers who are total assholes in real life - if I judged media by its creators, I would never watch any James Cameron movie, never listened to any John Lennon or Kanye West album, and never read any Harlan Ellison book. Some unpleasant people can actually create interesting (and sometimes genuinely good) pieces of media, believe it or not.

(only, well, in this case the book can be good because it's so bad, lol)

S

Sagt

Welp, as long as they're harmless and entertaining, I don't see any problem. To be honest, I support and love a lot of artists/musicians/moviemakers who are total assholes in real life - if I judged media by its creators, I would never watch any James Cameron movie, never listened to any John Lennon or Kanye West album, and never read any Harlan Ellison book.

(only, well, in this case the book can be good because it's so bad, lol)
I was about to write something very similar to this. Anyways, I'd add onto that list a filmmaker called Woodey Allen.

exxo-yawning

You know, last thing I'm gonna say on this, cuz frankly this thread is making me nauseous.
I'm deeply disturbed by the laise faire attitude toward nazism in the furry community displayed here, and I really hope it's not indicative of the community as a whole.
Peace.

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
You know, last thing I'm gonna say on this, cuz frankly this thread is making me nauseous.
I'm deeply disturbed by the laise faire attitude toward nazism in the furry community displayed here, and I really hope it's not indicative of the community as a whole.
Peace.
I think you're overreacting a bit, but it's your right, I guess.

S

Sagt

Peace.
I agree with you that the artist has some very distasteful views. However, I still think that the artist should be ignored when judging the actual art and deciding whether to read it. So bringing up that the author is a nazi apologist doesn't mean too much to me in terms of how I'd view the book itself.

Nonetheless, I would never read this book since the reviews suggest the writing is very bad and I'm also not a fan of how the author placed his fringe views into the book.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Peace.

Don't worry; it's not.

Anyway, I tried to find out if Len Gilbert is a Nazi sympathiser, as some users claimed. I found an article in the New Statesman in which he describes himself as 'alt-right'. He does also disavow the Nazi ideology, but it's not clear whether he holds white supremacist views (at least in the article).
www.newstatesman.com: How George W Bush went from “war criminal” to the internet’s favourite grandpa

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt of assuming that he simply has an unfortunate fetish for furries dressing up in Nazi uniforms.

In any case, I think that the existence of cringe-inducing Nazi themed furry erotica probably does more to make Neo-Nazi groups look even more ridiculous, than it could ever do to support them.

I agree with you that the artist has some very distasteful views. However, I still think that the artist should be ignored when judging the actual art and deciding whether to read it. So bringing up that the author is a nazi apologist doesn't mean too much to me in terms of how I'd view the book itself.

Nonetheless, I would never read this book since the reviews suggest the writing is very bad and I'm also not a fan of how the author placed his fringe views into the book.
I checked and Len claims that he dislikes Nazi apologists.
So I guess we can just file this book under 'very awkward fetish' rather than 'politically motivated'.

S

Sergei Sóhomo

As much as I bloody loathe furry puns I actually find this name adorable and I don't know why

Guys.... please don't support stuff written by literal neo nazis... please...
Even reading it as a joke is still putting money into a nazi's pocket, and everyone's better than that.

Don't tell me how to waste my hard earned dosh mate.

514sKZZ6u5L._SY346_.jpg

Never heard of it but if it's WWII themed book I may give it a look. I'm a huge sucker for anything to do with history regardless of which side it's on.

Huge reason of why I love the Saga of Tanya the Evil

furry erotica

Wait, it's erotica? Okay yeah no fuck that

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sagt

Don't worry; it's not.

Anyway, I tried to find out if Len Gilbert is a Nazi sympathiser, as some users claimed. I found an article in the New Statesman in which he describes himself as 'alt-right'. He does also disavow the Nazi ideology, but it's not clear whether he holds white supremacist views (at least in the article).
www.newstatesman.com: How George W Bush went from “war criminal” to the internet’s favourite grandpa

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt of assuming that he simply has an unfortunate fetish for furries dressing up in Nazi uniforms.

In any case, I think that the existence of cringe-inducing Nazi themed furry erotica probably does more to make Neo-Nazi groups look even more ridiculous, than it could ever do to support them.

I checked and Len claims that he dislikes Nazi apologists.
So I guess we can just file this book under 'very awkward fetish' rather than 'politically motivated'.
There's remarkably little information about the author online, but based off of his blog and facebook, it makes me rather convinced that he is some sort of nazi apologist.

Furred Reich Blog
m.facebook.com: The Furred Reich

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
People are so touchy when it comes to nazi's and neo-nazi's, like it would be better to not talk about it and just avoid the subject entirely.
Judging by the reviews, it's terrible. So I won't buy such a thing. If it was really good, but written by a nazi, I would have bought it. A good book is a good book, regardless of the author.

Aleksion

They killed me
Banned
I don't really know much about nazism, but isn't it just dividing people into classes? Such rule was a norm for like forever and it's still today to a certain extend

S

Sergei Sóhomo

I don't really know much about nazism, but isn't it just dividing people into classes? Such rule was a norm for like forever and it's still today to a certain extend

Basically how it's used now is as a means to dismiss and refute arguments without anything else backing it through a moral sense. Aside from that it's really only used as a means to class someone who agrees with them as them; nothing to do with socioeconomic standing

Status
Not open for further replies.