• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Furryizer: The Wishlist/Discussion For "Furry Versions" Of Stuff

WulfeVanDerKross

Anthro-Fantasy Novelist ("The Saga of Fidonhaal")
Hello there!

Have you played a videogame, watched a movie/show, read a book, or enjoyed any other sort of media, and thought to yourself "This is great, but it would be interesting if there was a Furry version?"
Well, this thread is meant for that! Imagine a "Furryized" version of a game, movie, show, or whatever, and share with us what you think could be cool!

NOTICE: Due to a miscommunication (at least from my perspective from some of the feedback), I wish to clarify: This thread was NOT made under the impression that members of the fandom are insatiably crazy for as much furry-stuff as possible, and/or that they all want furry-versions or mods or skins or whatever of as many things as possible. I myself am not obsessed on this either; as others have said, I enjoy and appreciate movies, games, and other such things as they are, I don't hack or mod games and such in order to play "furryized" modes of them, and there's plenty more to my life and what I love to do than just furry-stuff. This is simply a flight of fancy I have occasionally, and I was wondering if anyone else thought something like this here and there.
This is meant to be more of a "Heh, wouldn't it be funny or interesting if...?" discussion than a "Man, I really wish that..." discussion.
Obviously, if your opinion is still "no," then it's still "no." I just didn't want anyone else to think I was bringing this up in a "OMG guys everything needs to be furrywe need furry MOAR FURRIES!!1!11!" sense.
Thank you for your understanding, and my apologies for not thinking my phrasing of the question through more carefully in the first place.

Now that that's said and done, here's a few thoughts for starters:

Movies: [Live Action] The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Hobbits could be Guinea Pigs!), The Godfather, The Silence of the Lambs, and Goodfellas. [Animation/Anime] Ghost in the Shell and Castle in the Sky.

Shows: [Live Action] 24 and Raising Hope. [Animation/Anime] Trigun, Basilisk, and DeathNote.

Videogames: Red Dead Redemption, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Dragon Age: Origins, Heavy Rain, Splinter Cell.

What do YOU think would be interesting?
:grin:

Last edited:

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I've actually never desired this.

I like the existing movies/books for what they are, and if I want furry stuff, I look for that on its own.

Judge Spear

I never think this. Now I'll say "man, it'd be cool to see this as an anime/cartoon/live action/video game" depending on the subject. But wanting something furry? Call me a fake fur ( ;3c ), but just putting animal traits on the characters won't change much besides aesthetic. If...Law and Order were made in an anime/cartoon, that'd be cool. Seeing a live action show traditionally animated etc. Furry only really adds a skin. Wouldn't be a BAD thing, but it's not enough to make me wish it happened to anything.

PastryOfApathy

I will never understand this, why the fuck do we need furry versions of everything? Like is it impossible to enjoy something if it doesn't feature random animal people? I mean why do we need to shove furfaggotry into fucking everything? Shit's annoying.

WulfeVanDerKross

I've actually never desired this.

I like the existing movies/books for what they are, and if I want furry stuff, I look for that on its own.

Understood. It's not like I'm "furry only" of course, or that I was assuming that was the case for others, I was just wondering what, if anything, others might think would be interesting if it existed.

The same response essentially towards PastryOfApathy; I wasn't meaning to imply that we only want furryized stuff, it was just meant to be an amusing thought of alternatives.

Last edited:

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Even as a furry, character skins of anthropomorphic animals in games don't appeal to me. I just think original is often best.

Last edited:

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
I personally never got the idea of making furry versions of everything :/

Why not make original content instead of "X, but with all the characters as furries"

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
This isn't a thought that comes to me much, if at all.
Some people think crossovers like this are annoying in the same way I've seen people complain about bronies ponifying everything.
I don't really think its a big deal, people can like what they want but...

Anyways, I feel like there might have been 1 or 2 times I've thought this and I just can't seem to remember at the moment.
But just thinking off the top of my head...

For some reason I think it might be fun to have a furry Resident Evil video game. I dunno, something about playing furry characters in a zombie apocalypse would give me that darker more edgy furry artwork I've been wanting.

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Hobbits could be Guinea Pigs!), The Silence of the Lambs.

Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain,
Why would you even? WHY? WHY OP? I CAN'T TAKE ANTHRO FOXES CUTTING OFF THEIR OWN FINGERS TO SAVE THEIR CHILD OR BEING GUNNED DOWN AFTER FINALLY REJOINING THEIR FAMILY!

"JASON! JAAAASON! JASSOOOOON! JAAAASOOOOON!"

as for the actual question: I do sometimes but only when it could actually work. I'm a little indifferent on this topic however.

Last edited:

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
One time I stumbled upon some Hunger Games fanfiction where half the characters were antro foxes. That was weird.

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot
I feel like this question has been asked a lot....

But to answer it in my view, I don't really think about putting anthros in things. :\
Sometimes when I hear a song, I imagine anthros or whatever, but that's about it, I think.
To me, adding anthros into games and such is just a cosmetic effect, and doesn't enhance the story in any way, so why do it?

Jabberwocky

bitch where
We do not need 6 foot tall anthros in every single damn thing out there.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Everything is now cheap/shitty looking cgi.

why?

WulfeVanDerKross

This isn't a thought that comes to me much, if at all.
Some people think crossovers like this are annoying in the same way I've seen people complain about bronies ponifying everything.
I don't really think its a big deal, people can like what they want but...

Anyways, I feel like there might have been 1 or 2 times I've thought this and I just can't seem to remember at the moment.
But just thinking off the top of my head...

For some reason I think it might be fun to have a furry Resident Evil video game. I dunno, something about playing furry characters in a zombie apocalypse would give me that darker more edgy furry artwork I've been wanting.

Yeah, Resident Evil is something I'd think would be pretty interesting as well. And I also like your idea of trying to find darker/more serious tones in furry art. And I get if it's not an "obsessive" thing and whatnot; although I put numerous ideas for what I'd think would be interesting on the OP, It's not like I think of this all the time. It's just a mild flight of fancy I have here and there.
I agree with Batsy's (and however-many others') comment that it isn't necessary everywhere; this was meant to be more of a "Heh, wouldn't it be amusing and/or interesting if there was a furry-mode of [X]," than a "Man, I really wish there was a furry-mode of [X]."

Thank you guys for the feedback thus far, I just wished I clarified more the first time around.

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
Actually, a few years back one of the comics I was collecting changed to a Furry version and
I rather liked it. I wonder if it is still out there.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
normally I would say no! But then this image of "ZZ" as Ginger and Fender as Gilligan with a certain "Uncle" as the professor and .... I couldn't resist.
I have to stop before my head explodes with ideas.

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
normally I would say no! But then this image of "ZZ" as Ginger and Fender as Gilligan with a certain "Uncle" as the professor and .... I couldn't resist.
I have to stop before my head explodes with ideas.

Wow that was an awsome visual you gave me! "Passes out!"

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I love the idea of guinea pigs as hobbits.

I'd also like toy breed dogs to re-enact Reservoir Dogs, and hamsters to re-enact Pulp Fiction.

Tailmon1

Fennec World dominance!
Here we go! I knew I had some pix of the comic around.

Orignal Ninja High school:

Furry Version:

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Last edited: