• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The General Election

Did you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Spoilt the ballot

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Chose not to vote

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Cannot vote

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Not within the UK

Votes: 36 52.9%

• Total voters

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
So, the polling stations have just closed and now it's time to wait for the results to come in!
You can watch what's happening here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

So, did you vote? How are you hoping things will pan out?

I for one made sure I voted, it's the first general election I've been able to vote in, and the first one I can vote for a big party in (there are none of the normal parties in NI). I got two votes, one in Glasgow and one for back home in Northern Ireland.

Last edited:

cam60070

Cakez the Husky
Im to young to vote. :cool:

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Rule, Britannia!
Britannia rule the waves,
All criminals will be Nick Griffin's Slaves.

Just leave it, this isn't a thread to revolve around you.

It's about the election and what people voted. You said. Now leave it alone.

Wreth

GERTY
I'm not sure who I would have voted for if I were able, probably not conservative though.

Garrus

Samuel L Jackson's Nightmare
I voted, wasn't sure about Labour, didn't like the Lib Dems and Conservatives I had doubts about but picked anyway. Before anyone really complains OMG TORIES its heading for a hung parliament anyway and I used my right to vote as opposed to leaving it aside. One right many people fought and died for so that we were to be able to have a choice in; was my reason for not abstaining in such a cluster-fuck of a campaign.

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
Too young. :c

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
American, but would have voted Lib Dem.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
American, but would have definately voted for the BUF if they were still around.

Also, your home is occupied Ireland?

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Out of the three seats announced all of them are Labour, hoping to have a further 53 seats announced in the next hour and a half.

Truth

I don't really know enough good about each party to know who to vote for if I was to bother, if I was old enough. If BNP or someone similar somehow comes into power, there's always the option of leaving the country if things start going badly.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
HOLY CRAP, our First Minister just got beaten by the only anti-tribal party! YES! Brilliant, well done NI! It was a moment of "Wtf, did I just hear that?"xD

Kaffting

The Kaff
I didn't vote. Briefly thought about voting Lib Dem but couldn't really get my head around my natural dislike of politicians enough to support one of them.

I still sort of hope Lib Dem win, they're the only ones who haven't had a go at fucking shit up.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Lib Dems hold on to Torbay over the Tories :3

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
Looks like the UK's heading for a "hung parliament" with no one party getting a majority to rule on their own. Luckily, lil' ol' New Zealand has offered some guidance to the Mother Country for just such an eventuality :)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/3663526/UK-poll-what-if-no-one-wins
The country's top civil servant, Cabinet Secretary Gus O'Donnell, has visited New Zealand, which has had a hung Parliaments for more than a decade, and civil servants have pretended to be bickering politicians in role-playing scenarios and drawn up guidelines detailing what should happen in such cases.

(Nitpick: We don't exactly consider our recent government as being in a 'hung parliament' - the mature of our proportional representation electoral system means that coalitions are now the norm rather than the exception.)