• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The General Election

Did you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Spoilt the ballot

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Chose not to vote

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Cannot vote

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Not within the UK

Votes: 36 52.9%

• Total voters

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
Looks like the UK's heading for a "hung parliament" with no one party getting a majority to rule on their own. Luckily, lil' ol' New Zealand has offered some guidance to the Mother Country for just such an eventuality :)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/3663526/UK-poll-what-if-no-one-wins

(Nitpick: We don't exactly consider our recent government as being in a 'hung parliament' - the mature of our proportional representation electoral system means that coalitions are now the norm rather than the exception.)

The Oliver Cromwell in me would like to see a hanged parliament.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
If I was British I'd most likely vote Conservative based on the ideas they have on military funding. (assuming I am joining the army in Britain in that case) To my direct benefit at that.

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
If I was British I'd most likely vote Conservative based on the ideas they have on military funding. (assuming I am joining the army in Britain in that case) To my direct benefit at that.

If you didn't want to go to Afghanistan you'd vote BNP.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
If you didn't want to go to Afghanistan you'd vote BNP.
I honestly am disappointed Canada is leaving, and we got Kandahar province, the "bloodbowl" if you will. You guys are nice and safe up north Like always: Canada gets the ass end grit shit (been that way sense WWI).

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
I honestly am disappointed Canada is leaving, and we got Kandahar province, the "bloodbowl" if you will. You guys are nice and safe up north Like always: Canada gets the ass end grit shit (been that way sense WWI).

We're actually in the south, in Helmand Province, which is an inhospitable desert with a jungle in the middle of it and it's crawling with Taliban.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
We're actually in the south, in Helmand Province, which is an inhospitable desert with a jungle in the middle of it and it's crawling with Taliban.
my mistake. nonetheless Kandahar is deemed the most unstable as is and such but has not been a huge issue, hell most troops do not see full duty until 6+ months of training (the norm for most nations is 6-8 weeks) so lol we deal.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Dammit Britain. :|

Well, if the Tories really start fucking things up, maybe we can let you guys borrow Obama for a while. :V

ADF

Yes, I did a little rant in my journal on how it's all handled.

Honestly I face palmed at the BNP votors, couldn't they have picked a party that represented their views that wasn't bigoted? UKIP had a strong stance on immigration, which is probably what most BNP voters were looking for.

I

Issashu

Lib Democrats here.

The results so far are what was expected. Not sure how much good anyone could do in the next years, if the whole world economy doesn't recover though.

Garrus

Samuel L Jackson's Nightmare
Meh, hung parliament is probably not a bad idea for the whole recession thing, we can at least share ideas or the idiots will scramble and ramble but the smart guys will be the ones who stand up and calculate up a new solution while the others just moan at eachother.
There is no silver bullet for this recession problem right now in the eyes of a politician so we just gotta trust them with this hung parliament to do something right this time.

The lib dems actually, they did a whole lot worse than I expected. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8666128.stm

Last edited:

Kaffting

The Kaff
Was sad to see the Lib Dems fail so badly. At least the majority vote is still against Conservatives, hopefully they'll take that into consideration before making any strong decisions. I doubt it though.

The spectacle is over and I've stopped caring. Someone alert me when the puppet masters cause the next shit-storm.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Tory-gray skies and a chill over London - the bastards are in the very air itself.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
So, hung parliament. Wouldn't want to be Nick Clegg right now, he has a big decision.
I will be SO PEEVED if he joins with Cameron. Cameron will cripple my country and my family big time. Not to mention he's a slimy bastard.

As usual at home, DUP with most seats, Sinn Fein second with half the amount. Though Naomi Long beat Peter Robinson which is fully hilarious and awesome XD (Alliance beat the First Minister of our assembly which is unheard of).

Also, big HA at the BNP, 0 seats. Guess what, Griffy, we don't want ya.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Yet you do seem to want terrorists in government.

*sigh*
Ahh, the old comeback. Plus the changing subject. *shakes head*
First of all, I didn't vote for the tribal parties, I voted Alliance. No ex-terrorists in there.
Second of all, people just facepalm at that sentiment now. Yet again, you prove you know nothing about NI.

Also, you say that about the things people did 30 years ago, yet you vote for an incredibly racist parties with crazy policies about immigration and whose leader is a Nazi.

Oh, and it shows that even the 'terrorists' are more popular than the BNP! Haaa.

Last edited:

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
*sigh*
Ahh, the old comeback.
First of all, I didn't vote for the tribal parties, I voted Alliance. No ex-terrorists in there.
Second of all, people just facepalm at that sentiment now. Yet again, you prove you know nothing about NI.

I don't pretend to know everything, but I do know that Gerry Adams ordered the murders of scores of people and countless hundreds of kneecappings in the 1970's and 80's. Giving him political power is like putting the lunatics in the charge of the asylum.

Also, you say that about the things people did 30 years ago, yet you vote for an incredibly racist parties with crazy policies about immigration and whose leader is a Nazi.
Griffin may have some opinions you don't like, but one thing he most certainly isn't is a murderer. I'm surprised Ian Brady isn't Minister for Education by now.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
I don't pretend to know everything, but I do know that Gerry Adams ordered the murders of scores of people and countless hundreds of kneecappings in the 1970's and 80's. Giving him political power is like putting the lunatics in the charge of the asylum.

Our assembly seems to work ok. The peace process has worked. Even though I'm against a United Ireland I don't hold it against people who want it. Yes. He murdered people. Everyone knows that. Still doesn't stop people voting in Sinn Fein because it's the extreme Nationalist party. Same way the DUP always get the most seats because they're the extreme Unionist party (well, apart from the TUV, but they're new and won't form government and people want a government). As I said, I voted for neither, instead going for Alliance.

However, this is not about that, it's about how the BNP epic failed.

Griffin may have some opinions you don't like, but one thing he most certainly isn't is a murderer. I'm surprised Ian Brady isn't Minister for Education by now.

He has policies the entire UK doesn't like. Not just opinions. He can have his own opinions but he shouldn't try and make the rest of the UK put those opinions into practice. They're racist and wrong and shouldn't be around in this day and age.

Last edited:

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
He has policies the entire UK doesn't like. Not just opinions. He can have his own opinions but he shouldn't try and make the rest of the UK put those opinions into practice. They're racist and wrong and shouldn't be around in this day and age.

Explain why he's 'racist' and 'wrong', you might as well just call it 'thoughtcrime' and be done with it.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
Explain why he's 'racist' and 'wrong', you might as well just call it 'thoughtcrime' and be done with it.

Stopping all immigrants coming in, getting rid of every minority possible, discrimination against gays, being FORCED to let coloured people join their party while protesting about it at every opportunity, stopping minorities from getting any jobs (when a lot of minorities take the jobs that keep the country running and that other people don't want to do), against multiculturalism and the list goes on.

Oh, also, he keeps talking about pure British people. Newsflash, there is no such thing. We all come from Africa, then Europe, then Scandinavia etc. The first British settlers weren't from Britain, they were from other parts of the world. Every British people has a huge mix of different nationalities. Ever see that programme where they did the genomes of super "Britain!" people and found out they had African, Indian, Chinese, European, South American genes all mixed together? If it wasn't FOR immigration, Britain wouldn't be populated.

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
Stopping all immigrants coming in, getting rid of every minority possible, discrimination against gays, being FORCED to let coloured people join their party while protesting about it at every opportunity, stopping minorities from getting any jobs (when a lot of minorities take the jobs that keep the country running and that other people don't want to do), against multiculturalism and the list goes on.

Oh, also, he keeps talking about pure British people. Newsflash, there is no such thing. We all come from Africa, then Europe, then Scandinavia etc. The first British settlers weren't from Britain, they were from other parts of the world. Every British people has a huge mix of different nationalities. Ever see that programme where they did the genomes of super "Britain!" people and found out they had African, Indian, Chinese, European, South American genes all mixed together? If it wasn't FOR immigration, Britain wouldn't be populated.

I get enough of this politically correct shit from a couple of idiot posters on the politics forum I'm a member of. If I were you, I'd avoid going to Australia and saying the same thing to the Aboriginies, because you may very well get a boomerang lodged in the back of your head.

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
I get enough of this politically correct shit from a couple of idiot posters on the politics forum I'm a member of. If I were you, I'd avoid going to Australia and saying the same thing to the Aboriginies, because you may very well get a boomerang lodged in the back of your head.

I'd hardly call what I posted politically correct, I'm saying that Griffin's policies are flawed on pretty much every level and the UK have noticed that. To echo the words told to him in his constituency, they can "Get out and stay out".

We don't want the BNP. The UK has spoken.