• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Golden Compass / The Northern LIghts

Which title is better?

• The Golden Compass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Northern Lights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was wondering what other people's opinions were about the books and the new movie coming out in december. Personally i absolutely LOVED the books. Seriously one of the best fantasy/sci-fi novels i have ever read. Im really looking forward to the movie and hope that they dont ruin it like they did Eragon. Im hoping that because its from the makers of LOTR that they will do a really good job.

Im also curious as to which title people prefer. In the U.S. is The Golden Compass and in the UK its called The Northern Lights.

Le_Démon_Sans_Visage

evolution's cruelest joke
I'm really looking forward to it, too, although the director and Kidman repeatedly insisting they have removed any references that might make the Bible Belt freak out worries me. Without that philosophical basis (shoot, the main characters eventually KILL "god"), you just have a absic fantasy movie with some talking bears and stuff.

ya i know what you mean.... that kind of thing just always pisses me off. if the bible beaters dont like it then they dont have to watch it for F***s sake! anyway thats my opinion... but still, it is a bit worrying.

Stockton

ya i know what you mean.... that kind of thing just always pisses me off. if the bible beaters dont like it then they dont have to watch it for F***s sake! anyway thats my opinion... but still, it is a bit worrying.

I don't see the need for turning this topic into a political debate. We don't need to beat a dead horse.

At any rate, I'm not really into fantasy. But that "killing god" bit does sound interesting.

i saw the traler for the golden compass and it looks sooooo cooool

The 'His Dark Materials' really is a great trilogy of books. Although more than killing 'The Authority', I'd say the angel's relationship, Fr. Gomez, and the reason why daemons settle into one form would be enough faithfulness to the book's religious overtones to keep me happy. Also, Metatron could be kept in since, well, how many people are going to know about Metatron before seeing the film or reading the book?