• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The "Google meme"

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Just search the main site for "google" and sort the entries by date. You get TONS of results with this nonsense!
They should call this the "against the AUP meme". Can someone please put a stop to that? It's getting annoying.

Edit: Holy crap there are literally hundreds of them... I just searched for them a little but looks like I only just scratched the surface!

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
You mean the admins? Considering that we had two threads about open tickets in such short order... Yeah not gonna happen.

PheagleAdler

Considering none of the people I watch are posting this crap, it doesn't bother me. I think the best way to show these people how much we dislike these meme invading the site is to unwatch them in droves. That'll get em to change their tune PDQ.

i thought if you manipulated the photo in some way it was ok to post?
also.. slightly relevant. a couple people i watch have been told to take them down or have had them forceably removed. while for the majority of other people it's been let slide... :/ not like i'm a big fan of the meme.. but if you're going to do it to some you should do it to all, not just cherry-pick users..

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
No, they are not ok to post. The rules clearly state that all content you upload has to be made by you or specifically for you, and that includes the individual parts that make up the image.
You are right though, all of them should be removed. Especially since they are so easy to find.

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
These so-called "memes" are popping up everywhere, but I don't find it an annoyance.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I do, because it's against the rules and a ton of people are doing it.
And apparently the admins are doing a half-arsed job at going against it.

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
I do, because it's against the rules and a ton of people are doing it.
And apparently the admins are doing a half-arsed job at going against it.
I can't blame them, the way some people in the community get about their "work" when criticized.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I can't blame them, the way some people in the community get about their "work" when criticized.

Just remove it! And when they bitch and moan about it suspend them for a few days.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Oh and now they claim that if they give credit to the original sources the images won't be taken down... I call bullshit!

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
Just remove it! And when they bitch and moan about it suspend them for a few days.
They could, but moderation is more difficult than it appears. They probably have a good number of people complaining about the same thing, on top of regular issues, so let's just give them time. From what I know, this Google thing hasn't been around very long, but I could be wrong.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Most of them were uploaded about 3 days ago. That is more than enough time to do something about it.

LegitWaterfall

Forever done
Most of them were uploaded about 3 days ago. That is more than enough time to do something about it.
At least enough time to be noticed, in their case.

(Prohibited Content)

2.6 - Content that was neither made by nor for the uploader is prohibited.

- Content that violates any of Fur Affinity’s policies (TOS, COC, PP, etc.) is prohibited.

- Content of poor quality (e.g. fuzzy audio, blurry images, incorrectly rotated) is prohibited.

- Content lacking artistic merit (e.g. text only images, empty documents) is prohibited.

- Content that is an exact duplicate of media already in the user’s Gallery Folder is prohibited.

- Content that is traced, plagiarized, or stolen is prohibited, including any character that is heavily derived from another user’s unique character.

- Content featuring minors, if there is nudity or sexual activity present, is prohibited. Minors are real or fictional humanoids with a childlike body or younger than 18 years old, and talking or feral animals which are similarly immature.

- Content that may be seizure inducing (e.g. rapidly flashing images) is prohibited.

3. Photography
(Limited Content)

3.1 - Self-portraits are limited to 3 uploads per account, unless the subject is wearing a costume.

- Images of mass manufactured items or collections of said items, including both modified or stock items (such as cars, guns with or without attachments, toys, plates), are restricted to the Scraps Folder and limited to no more than 3 per item or collection.

(Prohibited Content)
3.3 - Photography featuring sexual activity (human or animal) is prohibited.

- Photography displaying adult toys (sex toys or sexually modified objects) is prohibited, unless they are not in use, being worn, don’t show signs of having been in use, you created them from scratch, and you mark them with the adult content rating.

- Photography depicting nudity (exposed buttocks, breasts, bulges, outlines of genitalia, etc.) or indecently-clothed models (undergarments, diapers, lingerie) is prohibited. Exceptions may be made for swimsuits worn in public locations, such as a pool or beach.

- Photography containing bodily fluids, gore/injuries, or death is prohibited, unless the content is fake, special effects, or the final product of taxidermy when the pelt is preserved in good condition and the presentation is in good taste. This includes freeze dry and wet taxidermy as well as bones and finished pelts, but excludes anything raw or gory.

- Photography of artwork or photographs that you do not own or have express permission to photograph and display is prohibited.

- Photography of random body parts that does not specifically showcase tattoos, custom jewelry, or body art is prohibited.

- Photography of animals eating other animals, living or pre-frozen, is prohibited. This does not include Kibbles 'n Bits® or foodstuff like chicken breasts and steak

4. Screenshots and 3D Models
(Prohibited Content)

4.1 - Screenshots of applications, games (e.g. GMod, Second Life, Minecraft), movies or websites that do not showcase new, original, user-created content are prohibited. The use of in-game resources, such as blocks or purchased parts, to create the aforementioned content is permitted.

- Content created via character/image generators is prohibited (e.g. Doll Divine).

copypasta from the AUP.. i can't find anything that says they can't post it.. unless i missed something, maybe you can point it out for me?

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
(Prohibited Content)

2.6 - Content that was neither made by nor for the uploader is prohibited.

- Content that violates any of Fur Affinity’s policies (TOS, COC, PP, etc.) is prohibited.

- Content of poor quality (e.g. fuzzy audio, blurry images, incorrectly rotated) is prohibited.

- Content lacking artistic merit (e.g. text only images, empty documents) is prohibited.

- Content that is an exact duplicate of media already in the user’s Gallery Folder is prohibited.

- Content that is traced, plagiarized, or stolen is prohibited, including any character that is heavily derived from another user’s unique character.

- Content featuring minors, if there is nudity or sexual activity present, is prohibited. Minors are real or fictional humanoids with a childlike body or younger than 18 years old, and talking or feral animals which are similarly immature.

- Content that may be seizure inducing (e.g. rapidly flashing images) is prohibited.

3. Photography
(Limited Content)

3.1 - Self-portraits are limited to 3 uploads per account, unless the subject is wearing a costume.

- Images of mass manufactured items or collections of said items, including both modified or stock items (such as cars, guns with or without attachments, toys, plates), are restricted to the Scraps Folder and limited to no more than 3 per item or collection.

(Prohibited Content)
3.3 - Photography featuring sexual activity (human or animal) is prohibited.

- Photography displaying adult toys (sex toys or sexually modified objects) is prohibited, unless they are not in use, being worn, don’t show signs of having been in use, you created them from scratch, and you mark them with the adult content rating.

- Photography depicting nudity (exposed buttocks, breasts, bulges, outlines of genitalia, etc.) or indecently-clothed models (undergarments, diapers, lingerie) is prohibited. Exceptions may be made for swimsuits worn in public locations, such as a pool or beach.

- Photography containing bodily fluids, gore/injuries, or death is prohibited, unless the content is fake, special effects, or the final product of taxidermy when the pelt is preserved in good condition and the presentation is in good taste. This includes freeze dry and wet taxidermy as well as bones and finished pelts, but excludes anything raw or gory.

- Photography of artwork or photographs that you do not own or have express permission to photograph and display is prohibited.

- Photography of random body parts that does not specifically showcase tattoos, custom jewelry, or body art is prohibited.

- Photography of animals eating other animals, living or pre-frozen, is prohibited. This does not include Kibbles 'n Bits® or foodstuff like chicken breasts and steak

4. Screenshots and 3D Models
(Prohibited Content)

4.1 - Screenshots of applications, games (e.g. GMod, Second Life, Minecraft), movies or websites that do not showcase new, original, user-created content are prohibited. The use of in-game resources, such as blocks or purchased parts, to create the aforementioned content is permitted.

- Content created via character/image generators is prohibited (e.g. Doll Divine).

copypasta from the AUP.. i can't find anything that says they can't post it.. unless i missed something, maybe you can point it out for me?

2.6, 2.8, 2.9 and 2.11 all apply in my opinion.

@Red: No. Well, yes...
It annoys me because it is everywhere, because it's so very obviously against the rules and because the admins are once again not doing anything against it.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
@Red: No. Well, yes...
It annoys me because it is everywhere, because it's so very obviously against the rules and because the admins are once again not doing anything against it.

No, it annoys you because you allow it to annoy you, and you get satisfaction from making a point in why you are technically and inherently "right".

The phrase "why do you care?" comes to mind. You don't care because you necessarily believe in the sanctity of the intellectual property of the original photographers from which the photos originate (you may--but 99 percent of the other time the rule is being followed, you don't). You only care because the rules say it isn't allowed and someone is breaking that rule, and you want said rules to be enforced because it would make you feel good in a smug way that some other person has been corralled into following the same rules you are.

Basically you've got a perfectionist complex that you extend unto other people, which in itself is a symptom of perfectionism. It's something along the lines of minor OCD. -You- follow the rules, so others should, by golly. Even if you don't recognize or admit it, to a degree it's true. It's not good enough that you follow the rules and function well on the by and by. OTHER PEOPLE must follow the rules or it aggravates you immensely. And when they do , you get a mental payoff in slight satisfaction.

Honestly it's very unhealthy and I kind of have to wonder how much of an impact it plays on your social life. A certain train incident comes to mind every time I see a thread like this.

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
No, that is simply not the case. What annoys me the most is the whole "others do it so I do it too! :V" attitude.
And this site has rules for a reason, it's an art site and not an image dump... This crap originated on Tumblr and it can stay there. Or do you want this to turn into DA?
So if anything I'm an elitist.
On the other hand, if we all can upload what ever we want then please excuse me while I upload some shots of a lemur licking his dick that I took at the zoo last month.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
You're just making excuses. You had the train incident, and then the big CP trouble tickets, and now this. I'm not saying that you're wrong in any case since I mostly agree with you, but the prevalence of "follow the rules" in your topics is concerning. You have different reasons for each specific cause, and again they're pretty decent reasons to have an outcry, but at the end of the day you feel like you have to rally behind each point like it even really matters because you have a bonafied complex. And you don't even see it.

Besides. FA is a craphole and you know it.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I'm not making excuses! I have the photo right here! :V (NSFW, obviously)

Anyway, I just don't see the issue. The site has rules, we agreed to follow these rules when we registered. I just think that rules are important because they hold the community together.
Oh also, what pisses me off a LOT more right now is that the thumbnail system still doesn't work.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake